PDA

View Full Version : Hardin Vs. Splendora

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 12:21 AM
Any inside info. on this Splendora team. I heard they have a young stud at quarterback who can throw the ball pretty good, other than that ???
Hopefully Hardin can bounce back with a big win, who knows, i guess we will see.....

trojandad
09-10-2003, 01:53 AM
Diboll beat Splendora in a close one. Splendora ran 30 something times for a yard a carry. Both Diboll and Splendora completed 8 of 21, but Diboll's passing was for almost 200 yards whereas Splendora's was for almost half that. Diboll did have 11 penalties for 80 yards. I don't know if it was true this time but they have been good at drawing teams offsides with hard counts and prolly did it on that night, too.

Splendora lost a bunch when they lost Steve Burton at RB, he wasn't blazing but he ran hard for over 1000 yards each of the last two years. They lost several big lineman from last year and only had a mediocre JV moving up. So contrary to OC, I think the only thing they have going for them is a good head coach, team speed is not there, line play is tough, similar to Liberty on the line. That's all I know.

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 05:04 AM
Well that sounds like some pretty solid information there Trojan Man. I of all people do admit that Hardin is a much "weaker" team than I thought they'd be, and definitely not as good as any team since my 2000 team. With the starting center out last week, I do believe it hurt our running game, but "MAN" Trad is way to short to play QB, not to mention, he has no arm! But anyways, good luck to all the 21,22 district teams playing this week.

trojandad
09-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Well I didn't know enough to say whether you guys were better or not than last year but in the game we played against you last year I thought the QB that graduated was your best talent, so I had a hard time believing all was better without him. And plus, when you guys only scored three times against our defense, almost everyone did that to us last year, so I saw ya'll as being pretty average last year with a falloff because of losing that quick QB. But hey, it's a long season, sometime an early loss is the best thing that can happen. I know us and the Hill are looking at things that way.

RBARKER
09-10-2003, 07:26 AM
This will be a good game I''ll give a 7 point edge to the home team. Who is home anyway?

BHfootballprincess
09-10-2003, 08:08 AM
splendora sucks yall are horrible hardin will kill yall by 44000 points so get over it and move on. key your gaurds you got your high lights and low lights.

love always big D

trojandad
09-10-2003, 08:30 AM
I have it being at Splendora, RBarker.

Btw, we can find those missin boyz, can't we? &lt;smirk&gt;

44,000 points?

Compudyne
09-10-2003, 09:03 AM
Princess, you better get off that computer and get back to class before you get in trouble.

Prediction

Splendora - 24

Hardin - 13

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Compudyne ]</small>

EAGLETOWN
09-10-2003, 10:58 AM
:p I do not see xhardinhornet being so bold and making any more assenine predictions like he did last week. I think the x-hornet might have gotten his wings clipped a little by Trinity last week and is a little gun shy. :p

:D Baah! Ha! Ha! HA! :D

:) Splendora 21 Hardin 14 :)

wink Good luck to both teams this week.. wink

big69
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Splendora will have to come out strong in the first half, unlike they did against Diboll. The second half was a lot better even though Diboll slack off some, I think Splendors could have done better and Diboll does not need to slack off like that if they want to win more. Especially this week against Carthage. The first half might be pretty good but if Diboll fat-cats in the 3rd then Carthage will blow over them and Diboll will not even have a chance.

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 08:18 PM
My wings clipped? Hell, If I was playing, or "my team" anyway, we'd blow all these little atheletes AWAY son. I'm not an athelete at Hardin anymore, so do not tell my my wings are clipped, I was never saddened by a loss, because I only lost twice as a senior and both the teams that beat my team went very deep into the playoffs, thank you anyway....lets see HERE'S a question for ya'll.....who has a 6'6 345lb lineman thats an NFL prospect as Hardin does????

exactly, NOBODY

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 08:22 PM
i will not predict any more games.....highschool football is extremely un-predictable "this year anyway"....but i will say this

hardin will win this week....

Eagles52
09-10-2003, 08:26 PM
actually two BH lineman had UT scouts watching them last spring not to mention the numerous letters they recieved from other big schools...so dont get quite so cocky over your 1 lineman...and plus last I checked...one lineman doesnt win games for you

Chief Woodman
09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
After xhardin said he would not predict, he proceeded to predict a game. Is that an oxymoron?....lol

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

the-O-fence
09-10-2003, 10:12 PM
leave it to a boy from Hardin

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 10:14 PM
boy from hardin? no sir, man from hardin....i didn't predict a score, just an outcome SON.

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 10:19 PM
u people do not have a clue about the game of football.....thats a fact

what does me being from hardin have to do with anything? oh maybe its because i was an all-district football, baseball player, maybe it is because all 4 of my friends play at D-1 schools, maybe its because one of them is an NFL prospect, maybe its because another of them is a ranked # 4 at A&M, maybe it is because all 5 of us make more money a year than any person who conversates on this website.....is that why, cuz i'm from hardin?

you people don't know a thing about hardin, other than the simple fact that in northern liberty county there is "white trash" and those students come to hardin and do not participate in anything that matters.....thats all you know!!!!

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 10:23 PM
oh and not college prospect sweetheart....NFL prospect, haha

xhardinhornet
09-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Now, back to football....How is H-J looking this year? I have not heard much on them other than something about a pretty "good" R-B who has speed and some power???? That's Hardin's first District opponent and OH yeah, the Splendora game is at home, because it was moved last year due to rain.

trojandad
09-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Sorry, RBarker, maybe we shoulda just left them wherever they were. :( :( frown

RBARKER
09-11-2003, 08:30 AM
trojandad:
Sorry, RBarker, maybe we shoulda just left them wherever they were. :( :( :(I know all of that hard work for nothing. Well if Splendora wins I won't go looking again :D

big69
09-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Sounds to me xhardin that you are the loser of the bunch! And besides, how can all five of ya'll make more money than anybody else on this sight when 4 of them play college ball? Don't get so work up over $h!T. It's a game and Splendora fans are picking their team to win b/c they are from Slpendora, just like you are picking your team to win. It's all in fun, so let's have a good time! Good Luck to both teams!

big69
09-11-2003, 10:16 AM
And besides, who are your little "friends"? Where is game going to be played at? i think I might come and watch those Splendora boy's hand over a can-o-youknowhat!SON!

trojandad
09-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey 69, you'll be busy holding your own with Carthage, bud. Saw some of them on tape, they are straight ahead, smash mouth football. Stay healthy, bro.

big69
09-11-2003, 11:18 AM
I don't play but I feel for those that do. Saw them last year and they were big but from what I heard this year, they ain't joking around! Especially both the TB and FB. Man, those guys have put out some yardage in 2 games. Them Diboll boys better sleep good 2nite b/c it's gonna be a long one 2morrow. They just better be prepared to hit somebody...HARD!! Good luck to both teams!!

Eagles52
09-11-2003, 08:55 PM
did anyone else on the board catch the homosexual overtones of xhardin's "sweetheart" comment? Somewhat disturbing...

xhardinhornet
09-12-2003, 01:10 AM
You people have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, in Highschool football, if you have a 6'6 345lb Off. tackle, that is the strongest highschool lineman in the state, it will open up your running game with EXTREME CARE! So yes, 1 lineman with that talent and physical ability can win games for you, and it did for US brotha. You have no clue, you should have watched my Hardin team 3 years ago, then you would know! Onto another thing, Hardin will win this game tonight, and if they don't, you'll never see me on this board again! I promise you that !

xhardinhornet
09-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Eagles52- 52 being that you are a lineman correct?
Hmmm.....I have done nothing but support you and your eagles! Why would you jump on the bandwagon with the other losers hating on what I have said towards Anahuac, or how I said Hardin would beat Trinity, and they did not.....I admitted I was wrong, and should not have promised a Hardin victory. I could have sworn a couple weeks ago, B-H fans and players were saying they would beat Anahuac, although saying it would be a good game as well, you know the outcome of that, and I STILL gave props and still went on to say that B-H would beat Anahuac if they met them again later on. So give me some credit dude.

trojandad
09-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Ok, Xhardin, I'm gonna try this once and I know it won't stick, but here goes anyway.

Nobody's dissin you for pickin ur team, proppin ur lineman with an eating problem, none of that. It's going to the extreme to do it that you do, brother.

Hardin couldn't just be picked, they had to be picked a bunch of times to win by 30, then 40, then more. And this lineman guy sounds tough, but there are no state trophies in your Hardin school case from the teams he was on, so apparently somebody stopped him and the team he played on somewhere along the line.

So continue to pick your team, Hardin will win more than they lose. And tout your lineman guy like you've done your running back, I'm sure they're good. But once you get to the place where they win all, beat all and conquer all, you usually see guys pushing back. You only see the Eagle guys pushing back when you go past just propping your team to having them be supermen.

Many of these Eagles came over and ate sausages with me at our tailgate party when we played Hardin last year in the first round at the Hill's stadium. You wonder why I prop these guys, they are top rung kids, young men, excuse me. If the Hill guys are giving any advice it's just because they are trying to help ya with friendly advice, not to be egomaniacs or something. They talk the smack with the best of them at game time but they are quality people. So if they say something, try to not hear it out of defensive ears, they are throttling what they tell you, I promise ya.

xhardinhornet
09-12-2003, 03:21 AM
Dude, Do not give me advice on the "agenda" I speek from! I am a grown man, I do not need someone from Coldspring telling me the difference between having pride, and being conceited. I am conceited, and I am the $hit, because I was a work-horse every since I picked up a ball of any sort. No, I do not play college baseball or football, but I did have the chance, and I chose to go a different direction, but this is not about ME! And yes, we were stopped in 2000 due to heavy rain in which our RB could not go a series without fumbling. And yes, Joey Nunan is a "super-man" of some sort, and you would agree if you ever meet him. I will give you a web-site to go to and you can look him up. www.sfajacks.com (http://www.sfajacks.com)
Now, I agree on the "ethical ego" you speak of but I don't need advice about anything. And I definitely will not tolerate anyone speaking negative of me, my team, my boys. You can talk down on the present Hornets, because there is nothing I can do about it! My previous posts about how well Hardin will do this year were all taken back after I seen how horrible they truly are last Friday night. I admitted that, and I will also say again, if Hardin looses vs. Splendora tonight, you will never here of me again. No dis-respect to ya' bro! Keep it real or however they say it....

Peace

RBARKER
09-12-2003, 07:42 AM
xhardinhornet:
Dude, Do not give me advice on the "agenda" I speek from! I am a grown man, I do not need someone from Coldspring telling me the difference between having pride, and being conceited. I am conceited, and I am the $hit, because I was a work-horse every since I picked up a ball of any sort. No, I do not play college baseball or football, but I did have the chance, and I chose to go a different direction, but this is not about ME! And yes, we were stopped in 2000 due to heavy rain in which our RB could not go a series without fumbling. And yes, Joey Nunan is a "super-man" of some sort, and you would agree if you ever meet him. I will give you a web-site to go to and you can look him up. www.sfajacks.com (http://www.sfajacks.com)
Now, I agree on the "ethical ego" you speak of but I don't need advice about anything. And I definitely will not tolerate anyone speaking negative of me, my team, my boys. You can talk down on the present Hornets, because there is nothing I can do about it! My previous posts about how well Hardin will do this year were all taken back after I seen how horrible they truly are last Friday night. I admitted that, and I will also say again, if Hardin looses vs. Splendora tonight, you will never here of me again. No dis-respect to ya' bro! Keep it real or however they say it....

Peacexhardinhornet, What happend to ya, when you first got on this board you gave some good insight on the Hardin team and had some good views on football. Then came the Hardin lose and now your on here acting like a spoiled brat. Dude I know it sucks when you put your foot in your mouth, but you don't have to come on here acting stupid and jumping on everyone else about their football knowledge. I'm sure you are a fine young man but At some point in life no matter how smart you think you are stop and listen to peoples advice. If you act like you have on this board in life situations your going to have a long rocky life.

Sorry, my wife had Dr. Phill on yesterday :D

big69
09-12-2003, 08:50 AM
trojandad that was good, but you are right, it didn't stick! xhardin, you may be conceited but you are not the $h!t, b/c if you were you would be playing college ball with your buddies not be on this board talking smack about how good ya'll were when you were in high school! And heavy rain doesn't matter in a game, if it did then it would end in a tie. So quit getting so worked up b/c somebody picked their team to win over yours. Big friggin' deal! I don't get on here and brag about going to the playoffs, WHY? b/c their are state champs on this board and that would make me look like a loser, kind of like what you are doing to yourself! I don't brag about Diboll's one win over Splendora, or how their going to beat Carthage and i'm right b/c i played ball. Chill out dude!

trojandad
09-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Too funny, RBarker. Dr. Phil, huh? You should see my son sit in front of him when he's on, it's a hoot to watch. I think if the good doc was here he might ask Xhardin "and howz that philosophy workin for ya?"

You know, Xhardin, you're actually right about something. I made the assumption that if your fly was open, you'd like to know. I now know you wouldn't. We're funny here in Coldspring, if we have a hole in our pants that everyone can see except us, we appreciate knowing. Learned my lesson, bud, I now know you don't want to know, lesson learned.

Can't remember the last time I pulled for Splendora, RBarker. Oh well, always a first. &lt;smirk&gt;

RBARKER
09-12-2003, 09:49 AM
trojandad:

Can't remember the last time I pulled for Splendora, RBarker. Oh well, always a first. &lt;smirk&gt;I know I have found myself becoming a Splendora fan my self as of late.

http://www.eteamz.com/bheagles/images/Wildcat2.jpg

GOOOOOOOOOo Splendora Wildcats:D :D :D

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

Eagles52
09-12-2003, 10:10 PM
you're right xhardin and I appreciate the support...I was only joking I wasnt trying to offend you I apologize if it came off that way I was raised better than to say things like that and you have my sincere apology