PDA

View Full Version : Graham Harrell...

jockcity33
01-27-2010, 11:12 AM
I heard he is now "coaching" at Oklahoma State, and I also heard that although he is "coaching" at OSU he will continue his playing career in the CFL, how can he do both?

Phil C
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
He probably has too since he isn't in the NFL. I remember in the NFL in the 60s there were pro football players that had out of season jobs between January and July. And these included big star players. In fact one NFL star former Heisman Trophy winner from SMU was Doak Walker who had been on a couple of Detroit Lions NFL championships with his friend Quarterback Bobby Layne. In fact Doak cut his football career short because he was making more money from his off season job than playing pro football at the time.

OLE'BULL
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I wonder if he is disciplining players in the same manner as his old mentor?? J/K, im sure he will be a helluva asset to the OSU staff, the guy knows his FB

STANG RED
01-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Id still love to see Harrell get his shot at the NFL. I'm not saying he'd be a shoe in to make it. But I've always thought he deserved the shot to at least try. He cant be as bad as many others that did get the shot, but failed miserably. And he has better credentials, coming out of college, than many who went on to have great careers in the NFL.

jockcity33
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm not saying he will not need to work in the offseason for extra money, I am thinking more on the lines of doesn't the CFL play in the fall? And if they do then how can he coach in Oklahoma and play in Canada at the same time.

bigwood33
01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I read something about this somewhere else and I think it said that he would be working with their QB's during the spring and first part of the summer. This is strictly a part time gig for him.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
I bet he will be a great coach

eagleqb_14
01-27-2010, 08:56 PM
wow

eagleqb_14
01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
maybe he should of took leach's job lol

BallCoach63
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
He probably has too since he isn't in the NFL. I remember in the NFL in the 60s there were pro football players that had out of season jobs between January and July. And these included big star players. In fact one NFL star former Heisman Trophy winner from SMU was Doak Walker who had been on a couple of Detroit Lions NFL championships with his friend Quarterback Bobby Layne. In fact Doak cut his football career short because he was making more money from his off season job than playing pro football at the time.

He is making more money in the CFL in 5 months then most do in 2 years. I bet he is doing it to stay active in the offseason and get his feet wet into coaching. Great gig for him.

slingshot
01-28-2010, 07:21 PM
He was in Abilene yesterday (saw him at Buffalo Wild Wings!) visiting his little bro Clark (QB @ ACU)... he actually is just helping out the new OC (Horgerson?) at Okie St install the Air Raid offense and teach it (who better?). He would of never done it if Leach was still at Tech, but since Leach got screwed over...
With the talent they can get year in and year out and that offense, OSU will be GOOD. They might put 60 on us next year :( .