PDA

View Full Version : Baylor's Griffin

NastySlot
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Baylor_QB_Griffin_gains_injury_waiver.html

hope things workout for him...got to meet him once he was an incredible young man to visit with....wish him the best of luck.

kaorder1999
01-26-2010, 10:38 AM
im glad he got his waiver! he deserved that!

jason
01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
think he'll really play 3 more years at baylor though?

turn pro in track maybe? nfl?

cshscougar08
01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by jason
think he'll really play 3 more years at baylor though?

turn pro in track maybe? nfl?

Well he isn't running track anymore. He is totally committed to football. We'll have to see about leaving for NFL. I could see him leaving after his junior year.

ziggy29
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Good for him and for the Baylor program. As for leaving early, I'd have to say it depends on how effective and injury-free he is in the future. If he's playing as "good as new" and stays healthy, I can see him possibly coming out. Otherwise, he may need his senior year in order to gain draft position.

Phil C
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Good for him and for the Baylor program. As for leaving early, I'd have to say it depends on how effective and injury-free he is in the future. If he's playing as "good as new" and stays healthy, I can see him possibly coming out. Otherwise, he may need his senior year in order to gain draft position.

I agree ziggy. He deserved it. I also agree that he should leave early if he is projected to be a first round otherwise maybe that last year he should stay at Baylor. After what happened to Sam at Oklahoma I feel that if you are projected to be a first rounder you need to go.

Daddy D 11
01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Says track is out of the picture just because of how much speed and time he lost from the injury. Football speed will come back easier than that pure track speed.

He's a Poly Sci major too so we see each other around pretty often.

Daddy D 11
01-26-2010, 02:49 PM
He's a no go on contact drills this spring and won't play in the spring game it looks like. Still in a brace from time to time also, could be awhile till he sheds that.

Baylor has got a pretty good class and was fairly young on offense last year so if Briles will open up the playbook and not get so WR screen happy I think Baylor will have the success that was expected of them this year. The defense on the other hand I feel is going to be a big weakness, but who knows?