PDA

View Full Version : Boyd moving up?

NateDawg39
01-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I heard yet another rumor that the Boyd Yellowjackets might squeak into 3A. I do not see how but I guess anything is possible. It wouldn't mean much except that Boyd might get their chance to take another shot at Decatur in District play.

bigwood33
01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
They turned in 334...no way they are going 3A.

Bullaholic
01-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I heard yet another rumor that the Boyd Yellowjackets might squeak into 3A. I do not see how but I guess anything is possible. It wouldn't mean much except that Boyd might get their chance to take another shot at Decatur in District play.

Yep--that would make 2 teams Decatur couldn't beat for sure in District, Nate. :D

5wide
01-25-2010, 07:34 PM
haha thats a good one

NateDawg39
01-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep--that would make 2 teams Decatur couldn't beat for sure in District, Nate. :D fFunny guy :p

jason
01-26-2010, 09:48 AM
have any of yall ever been to boyd??

talk about a craphole of a town.....

Bullaholic
01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jason
have any of yall ever been to boyd??

talk about a craphole of a town.....

Boyd may not be a "garden" spot, but they have produced 2 state championship teams plus Billy Joe Tolliver. Lots of beautiful places in the country around Boyd, jason.

BullsFan
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
I know I'd rather play just about anywhere else on the planet than in Boyd. Even when I was in high school, it was bad. I'll never forget riding back from Boyd when the locals threw rocks through the windows of the bus. It always seems to get ugly there.

firstdown
01-26-2010, 12:05 PM
The folks in Boyd approve a bond package and are building/renovating their stadium. I was told they are even going to get turf.

NateDawg39
01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
boyd may not be pretty...But hey, im sure for a fact that many other places are around that are far worse.

VWG
01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Arguably the worst uni's in the state. All green with yellow helmets.... makes the University of Oregon look good.

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Its a great place to be from,not at.

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
The folks in Boyd approve a bond package and are building/renovating their stadium. I was told they are even going to get turf. I have seen the plans and it will be an awesome stadium.The one thing I will miss about the old stadium will be standing on the fence and being 5 feet from the field.Once again little brother Boyd one ups Big brothers Decatur and Bridgeport.And its got to be called JG Cartwright Field.

Bullaholic
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I have seen the plans and it will be an awesome stadium.The one thing I will miss about the old stadium will be standing on the fence and being 5 feet from the field.Once again little brother Boyd one ups Big brothers Decatur and Bridgeport.And its got to be called JG Cartwright Field.

Tell me about all the other things that Boyd has one-upped us on, grahampaw....other than 2 state titles, of course.

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Tell me about all the other things that Boyd has one-upped us on, grahampaw....other than 2 state titles, of course. Well ,that was what I was talking about of course.And dont forget the 99 team that made the finals.And the girls basketball that made the finals a few years back.

Z-RO
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Tell me about all the other things that Boyd has one-upped us on, grahampaw....other than 2 state titles, of course.

B-ports facilitys...well...suck. And if you think B-Ports football stadium is better then Boyds, well it wont be after they get finished with their upgrades.

Bullaholic
01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
B-ports facilitys...well...suck. And if you think B-Ports football stadium is better then Boyds, well it wont be after they get finished with their upgrades.

I think you need to realize who your friends are, Z-Ro---go back and take a look at my original post in this thread. I was responding to grahampaw's "Once again" reference in his thread. I am very happy that Boyd is getting new facillities--I think you will find the consensus believes that no school needed it worse than Boyd, including the people in Boyd.

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
B-ports facilitys...well...suck. And if you think B-Ports football stadium is better then Boyds, well it wont be after they get finished with their upgrades. Whats up Z-RO hows school?

Z-RO
01-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Its going good, just ready to be done with it lol. Being more then half way done is bitter sweet..ya know

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I think you need to realize who your friends are, Z-Ro---go back and take a look at my original post in this thread. I was responding to grahampaw's "Once again" reference in his thread. I am very happy that Boyd is getting new facillities--I think you will find the consensus believes that no school needed it worse than Boyd, including the people in Boyd. Your right Bullaholic but I understand that the people in Boyd voted down the bond for the stadium,but the schoolboard is getting a 3 mill loan and building it anyway.Heard it was a 6 mill dollar staduim.Is that right?

5wide
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
may i remind you that the only other team to beat boyd during the 99' season besides mart was... DECATUR !!

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
may i remind you that the only other team to beat boyd during the 99' season besides mart was... DECATUR !! There have been some classic Boyd Vs Decatur games.

NateDawg39
01-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I think Bridgeport has a great facility. As does Decatur. Are they state of the art, no. But it was the rivalry that mattered not how many water fountains, lights and concession stands there were.

NateDawg39
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
B-ports facilitys...well...suck. And if you think B-Ports football stadium is better then Boyds, well it wont be after they get finished with their upgrades. Oh and just out of curiosity, are you not from Vernon?

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I think Bridgeport has a great facility. As does Decatur. Are they state of the art, no. But it was the rivalry that mattered not how many water fountains, lights and concession stands there were. Why not go together and build a super stadium between Decatur and B-port?

NateDawg39
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Why not go together and build a super stadium between Decatur and B-port? lol those WBA and WDA fanatics would be at constant war with each other

Bullaholic
01-26-2010, 10:04 PM
lol those WBA and WDA fanatics would be at constant war with each other

Nate is right---that would be like asking UT and aTm to build and share a common stadium. :D

NateDawg39
01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Nate is right---that would be like asking UT and aTm to build and share a common stadium. :D It would be hard to play in a stadium with tar and bird feathers everywhere and Bull testicles on the goal line :p

bobcat4life
01-26-2010, 10:12 PM
It would be hard to play in a stadium with tar and bird feathers everywhere and Bull testicles on the goal line :p :1omg!: :fnypost:

Z-RO
01-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh and just out of curiosity, are you not from Vernon?

Maybe, maybe not :D lol

grahampaw
01-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Tell me about all the other things that Boyd has one-upped us on, grahampaw....other than 2 state titles, of course. Ok Bullaholic I was bored and did some backtracking,going back 30 years Boyd and B-port have played 12 times with the Bulls winning 7 of them.Boyd won state in 83 and 04 but both years they did not play the Bulls.

BullsFan
01-27-2010, 09:23 AM
It would be hard to play in a stadium with tar and bird feathers everywhere and Bull testicles on the goal line :p

LOL! I think that right there says it best. ;)

swineflu
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
may i remind you that the only other team to beat boyd during the 99' season besides mart was... DECATUR !!

:doh: :doh:

grahampaw
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
may i remind you that the only other team to beat boyd during the 99' season besides mart was... DECATUR !! Boyd was 14-1 in 99 with the only loss to Mart.Decatur beat Boyd in 98.

PPSTATEBOUND
01-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Boyd was 14-1 in 99 with the only loss to Mart.Decatur beat Boyd in 98.

I must add the 1999 Mart game was very very close...Boyd could have won that one.

5wide
01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
mart beat boyd 40-7, not even close

Z-RO
01-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I remember Quan Cosby coming up from his safety position and just cleaning up the Boyd RB...knocked his helmet completly off and it rolled a good 10 yards afterwards.

grahampaw
01-27-2010, 06:59 PM
I remember Quan Cosby coming up from his safety position and just cleaning up the Boyd RB...knocked his helmet completly off and it rolled a good 10 yards afterwards. Where you there Z-Ro? Man it was cold and wet wasnt it.Your right that wasnt even close after the first Q.Heres a question for you,would you take Mart 99 or Dangerfield 09?I have to go Cosby brothers and say Mart.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
I remember a lot of very very upset Boyd Fans calling for Cartwright to be ousted after that game, even though he is one of the best in the game