PDA

View Full Version : The Fighting Favres lose!

Old Tiger
01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
AND BRETT COST THEM THE GAME.

coach
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
the coaching staff made a stupid decsion on letting the clock run down

DU_stud04
01-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
AND BRETT COST THEM THE GAME. youve talked crap about him all season. there was not another guy better for the job in the nfl, he played a great season and hopefully retires till late august 2010 for another run at the superbowl. you can blame him for the interceptions, but you cant put the loss entirely on him, peterson, berrian and harvin all put the ball on the ground.

coach
01-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
youve talked crap about him all season. there was not another guy better for the job in the nfl, he played a great season and hopefully retires till late august 2010 for another run at the superbowl. you can blame him for the interceptions, but you cant put the loss entirely on him, peterson, berrian and harvin all put the ball on the ground.

not to metion he had childress as a coach

DU_stud04
01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
not to metion he had childress as a coach childress getting the contract extension was one of the biggest jokes of the nfl this season. everyone makes fun of him in the league and openly claims that he isnt the one running the team. bald monkey needs to be replaced.

BullsFan
01-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
AND BRETT COST THEM THE GAME.

I said it in the other thread but it bears repeating--I like thinking the game-losing interception was karma for the late touchdown last week.

ziggy29
01-25-2010, 09:52 AM
I think the terrible penalty before the interception cost them more than Favre's pick. If they had that five yards back, they could probably run it or a quick screen pass and set up for a 4th down game-winning FG attempt assuming no big loss on the play.

That five yards put the Vikings near the outer limits of Longwell's range and pretty much forced a downfield passing situation. I wonder how much Favre's injuries (which he always insists on playing through no matter how it impacts his effectiveness) may have caused the pass to look like a dead duck across his body.

ol country boy
01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Late touchdown....

I am a huge cowboys fan but the last touchdown was their job to stop not the vikings....this take a knee crap...stop them

ziggy29
01-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Late touchdown....

I am a huge cowboys fan but the last touchdown was their job to stop not the vikings....this take a knee crap...stop them
Agreed. This is the NFL, not youth football.

Ranger Mom
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Late touchdown....

I agree!! I have never been a fan of the taking a knee. I think you should play "lights out" until the very last tick of the clock.

BullsFan
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm not saying that the Vikings were required to not run the score up, and I certainly believe the Dallas defense let us down. But I also think your actions reflect your character, and throwing a deep touchdown with under 2 minutes left when you're up by 30 points said a lot about that in my book. There's a reason why almost any team in the NFL would take a knee in that situation. Brett and Childress chose not to do that, and I believe that their spectacular flame-out yesterday was...ironic, if not karma. YMMV, and clearly does.

NateDawg39
01-25-2010, 10:30 AM
It was a mixture of things that caused the Vikings to drop the game. Like, 3 fumbles and 2 picks....missed tackled due to attempted striping of the football. 12 men on the field after a timeout, bad play calling, bad defensive schemes against the pass. It was not just Favre that lost the game, it was the team. If one player doesn't perform, aren't the the other guys supposed to step up and play over him to keep the hope alive?

JasperDog94
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I'm not saying that the Vikings were required to not run the score up, and I certainly believe the Dallas defense let us down. But I also think your actions reflect your character, and throwing a deep touchdown with under 2 minutes left when you're up by 30 points said a lot about that in my book. There's a reason why almost any team in the NFL would take a knee in that situation. Brett and Childress chose not to do that, and I believe that their spectacular flame-out yesterday was...ironic, if not karma. YMMV, and clearly does. I'm not even saying that you need to take a knee, but for Heaven's sake why throw the ball deep when you are up by 4 scores with a little over a minute left in the game? Totally classless. Favre got what he deserved yesterday. Karma.

On another note is it any wonder why Favre looked so bad yesterday? He got hit numerous times and looked awful in the second half. Yet when people said the same thing about Romo getting hit 20 times, they were just making up an excuse. :thinking:

DU_stud04
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
all this throwing deep for the late touchdown... the ball was on the 11 yard line. vikings scored right after the two minute warning....and they were only up by 24 before that touchdown. i know when my team gets beat, i know why they did and dont try to exaggerate the points. im hoping for this matchup again next year, my two favorite teams playing each other, i cant lose..hahaha

NateDawg39
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm not even saying that you need to take a knee, but for Heaven's sake why throw the ball deep when you are up by 4 scores with a little over a minute left in the game? Totally classless. Favre got what he deserved yesterday. Karma.

On another note is it any wonder why Favre looked so bad yesterday? He got hit numerous times and looked awful in the second half. Yet when people said the same thing about Romo getting hit 20 times, they were just making up an excuse. :thinking: How can you say anything bad about him? He is the greatest QB to ever through interceptions

DU_stud04
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
How can you say anything bad about him? He is the greatest QB to ever through interceptions exactly, best througher ever!

JasperDog94
01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
According to what I saw yesterday it looks like the Cowboys did a good job of softening Brett up a little bit. He was gimpy going into the game and could hardly walk after the game. Maybe they should have run the ball a little more last week instead of continuing to throw the ball once the game was decided....but that's probably just crazy talk.:crazy:

ziggy29
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
According to what I saw yesterday it looks like the Cowboys did a good job of softening Brett up a little bit. He was gimpy going into the game and could hardly walk after the game. Maybe they should have run the ball a little more last week instead of continuing to throw the ball once the game was decided....but that's probably just crazy talk.:crazy:
Of course, the way Peterson has been fumbling this year, putting into his hands a few more times could have un-decided it...

Farmersfan
01-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm not even saying that you need to take a knee, but for Heaven's sake why throw the ball deep when you are up by 4 scores with a little over a minute left in the game? Totally classless. Favre got what he deserved yesterday. Karma.

On another note is it any wonder why Favre looked so bad yesterday? He got hit numerous times and looked awful in the second half. Yet when people said the same thing about Romo getting hit 20 times, they were just making up an excuse. :thinking:

Wow! Really? Are you comparing what Romo did to what Favre did? For one thing Favre made plays when he wasn't getting his socks knocked off! Romo didn't! Favre led his team to 28 points and was within a couple of mistakes from winning the game. That's the POINT I have been trying to make all along. A Good QB will still make plays even in the worst of situations. Even Brees was hit plenty yesterday. I saw at least a dozen times that Brees got rid of the ball in 1 or 2 seconds right before he got his plow cleaned by the Vikings D-line. If he played like Romo did he gets sacked and today everyone is talking about how poor Brees didn't have a chance in that game................

JasperDog94
01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Of course, the way Peterson has been fumbling this year, putting into his hands a few more times could have un-decided it... Not when you are up by 4 scores.

Fletch
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
I thought this article captured the Favres pretty well:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-sp-plaschke24-2010jan24,0,5678834.column?page=1

JasperDog94
01-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
That's the POINT I have been trying to make all along. A Good QB will still make plays even in the worst of situations. So remind me how Brett made good plays late in the game by throwing interceptions. I seem to have slept through those plays. Especially the last interception Brett threw that basically cost them the game.

ziggy29
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Not when you are up by 4 scores.
But if you waited until that time, he already would have absorbed most of the hits anyway.

BullsFan
01-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Might be crazy talk, but it does warm my heart just a little. ;)

BullsFan
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-sp-plaschke24-2010jan24,0,5678834.column?page=1

GREAT article. Loved it!

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Wow! Really? Are you comparing what Romo did to what Favre did? For one thing Favre made plays when he wasn't getting his socks knocked off! Romo didn't! Favre led his team to 28 points and was within a couple of mistakes from winning the game. That's the POINT I have been trying to make all along. A Good QB will still make plays even in the worst of situations. Even Brees was hit plenty yesterday. I saw at least a dozen times that Brees got rid of the ball in 1 or 2 seconds right before he got his plow cleaned by the Vikings D-line. If he played like Romo did he gets sacked and today everyone is talking about how poor Brees didn't have a chance in that game................

WOW

big daddy russ
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM

My God, just when I thought Bill Plaschke couldn't get any more awful, he spews this crap. How in the world did he get a spot on Around the Horn???

bigwood33
01-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Brett Favre is one of the All- Time Greats of the NFL but his Achilles heel is the untimely interception. I told my boys (21 and 16) that if the pressure was on, late, Farve would throw one into a DB's hands and give them a chance at an interception...he always has. Sometimes the DB or LB drops it but he WILL give them a chance. He did it twice last night and the 2nd one was picked. Brett has never figured out that sometimes you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop (cleaned that one up for the DownLow). Sometimes you are just better off eating it, dumping it or making the safe throw.

BEAST
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
My God, just when I thought Bill Plaschke couldn't get any more awful, he spews this crap. How in the world did he get a spot on Around the Horn???

I agree with you. Favre probably denied an interview now he is trying to get his revenge. What a load of crap.

BEAST

JasperDog94
01-25-2010, 04:58 PM
karma....

that is all

Fletch
01-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I agree with you. Favre probably denied an interview now he is trying to get his revenge. What a load of crap.

BEAST

Favre decline an interview? Right!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nobody on the planet loves the sound of his own voice more than the "great indecisive one"

BullsFan
01-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Favre decline an interview? Right!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nobody on the planet loves the sound of his own voice more than the "great indecisive one"

LOL!! That may be the funniest thing I've read all night!

:clap: :clap: :clap: