PDA

View Full Version : Keep this kid from Kennedale in Your Thoughts

Matthew328
01-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Today we had TheOldCoach 5 Star Performance Camp at Grand Prairie and we had a great turnout of over 300 kids.

One kid who caught my attention was Kennedale DT Shiawo Garteh....6'0 1/2 270 lbs ran a great forty at 4.9 then proceeded to bench press 185 lbs 33 times!! In addition to that his coach told me squatted 725!! Garteh put up great numbers in all the other drills and was dominating in one on one's against 5A lineman.

Anyway Garteh slipped on the wet turf and suffered a broken leg, I was crushed because this kid after today was going to start shooting up recruiting charts. It looked very very bad when the abulance took him away.

His coach called me and told me Shiawo did suffer a broken leg and will have surgery tomorrow. He was pretty down and felt like his opprotunity to play college ball or even play his senior year had slipped away.

I did get good news later as the doctors gave a prognosis of 3 months in a boot and with hard work and rehab he'll be back in six months which should be a couple of weeks out from two a days.

Keep this special kid in your thoughts and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

bobcat4life
01-23-2010, 09:30 PM
prayers from Celina. this kid sounds like a beast. hopefully he can recover in time for his senior year and get a scholarship

lvbears32
01-23-2010, 09:40 PM
prayers from la vernia. i hope this kid can bounce back. sounds like an animal and a hard worker. hard workers always find ways to achieve and i havre no doubt he will be back

Green Bling
01-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Prayer sent from Cuero. Hopefully his recovery will go as predicted. Please update if you can.