PDA

View Full Version : remember when they used to crash real cars...

Looking4number8
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
in movies.. XXX: State of the Union is on and the computer graphic on all of the car crashes are so obvious, it make the movie not very good. Sad that I miss the real crashes.

Hmmm... wonder if computer graphics had anything to do with the fall of the car industry, no need for Hollywood to buy 1000's of cars anymore

bobcat4life
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Im not sure about hollywood hurting the car industry, but I agree that all the effects hurt the overall quality of many movies

BwdLion73
01-23-2010, 12:21 PM
That reminds me of an old episode of the "ATeam" back in the day. They were being chased by the bad guys who were in a farily new Ford. When the big crash scene happens where the car explodes and flys in the air it was a older model Dodge. :)

bobcat4life
01-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
That reminds me of an old episode of the "ATeam" back in the day. They were being chased by the bad guys who were in a farily new Ford. When the big crash scene happens where the car explodes and flys in the air it was a older model Dodge. :) now thats just bad directing......

K-MAC Chuck
01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
The all-time classic.

The Blues Brothers movie from 1980. The infamous car pileup takes place at the 1 minute, 52 second mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1WpzrtQwI0

bobcat4life
01-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
The all-time classic.

The Blues Brothers movie from 1980. The infamous car pileup takes place at the 1 minute, 52 second mark of this video.

That was greatness. Only Brad McCoy could have done better

Trashman
01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
in movies.. XXX: State of the Union is on and the computer graphic on all of the car crashes are so obvious, it make the movie not very good. Sad that I miss the real crashes.

Hmmm... wonder if computer graphics had anything to do with the fall of the car industry, no need for Hollywood to buy 1000's of cars anymore

I hear you! I have Smokey and the Bandit on DVD and the director comments that they got five Trans Am's and five police cars from pontiac for the movie at no cost.:D

crabman
01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
That was greatness. Only Brad McCoy could have done better

Was Brad McCoy on the staff at Burnet in 2003 when they beat the Kansas City Chiefs? (Really old school reference)

Emerson1
01-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Was Brad McCoy on the staff at Burnet in 2003 when they beat the Kansas City Chiefs? (Really old school reference)
I don't think he was. But he did instruct 50,000 of his followers to show up 12 hours before the game in support of them.

GreenMonster
01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
The all-time classic.

The GreenMonster made a point to find the exact spot of this awesome car crash scene on his visit to the Windy City this last summer. It's really an underwhelming experience hahahaha!

STANG RED
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I always get a big kick out of chase scenes where you see cars bottom out after a jump. A frames break, fenders and hoods buckle, hubcaps and other parts come flying off the cars. But in the next scene, the car doesnt have a scratch on it, and is still running great. I always thought, sure wish I could find a car that could do that. They must have only sold those cars to Hollywood studios I guess.

spaniard
01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't think he was. But he did instruct 50,000 of his followers to show up 12 hours before the game in support of them.

oh come on guys, it was 54,329 and it was also 14 1/2 hours early. better do some fact checking, brad mccoy did a lot for us when we beat the chiefs in '03.

:p :p :p :p