PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Quarterback in 3a??

Puppetmaster101
11-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Post your pick the title says enough!!!

Harry_MAN
11-02-2002, 09:10 PM
One of them is probably the QB from Bandara hes already commited to OSU. At the LH Bandera game he had some pretty passes and it was soo muddy! I dont see how they could even pass!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 09:14 PM
It's hard not to say McGee of Burnet is one of the top 3A QB's. Here are three reasons why:

Field of vision/awareness: He is constantly aware of coverage and open receivers. He'll check off the primary if he's covered and find the open receiver. If the pressure comes he's got presence of mine to step up and/or scramble which brings me to my next pt.

Scrabbling/speed: He has the ability to scramble away from DE's and buy time to find the open receiver. If need be he can run into the secondary and show some explosive speed. But what I've seen from him he would rather sit in the pocket/backfield and toss that nice pass into the end zone.

Throwing: He simply makes the throws, every throw. The deep out, the slant, the hitch and go. He has a very soft touch that is timed very well with his receiving corp. Also can throw the tight spiral into tight coverage.

There is a reason why Burnet has expectations to go far in the Playoffs. Before the season began McGee was ranked fourth among returning QB's in the state. Can't deny the level of skilled athletes on this team.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

Matthew328
11-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Philip Daugherty, Bridgeport
Rodriguez Mitchell, Jasper
Jake MacDougle, Wills Point
Billy Pittman, Cameron Yoe
Adrian Alaniz, Sinton
Brett Hicks, Bandera
Stephen McGee, Burnet
Braxton Harris, Mexia
Michael Benton, Everman
Chandler Dane, Decatur..

those are a few that come to mind

classof 85
11-02-2002, 11:11 PM
I Like the Alaniz kid from Sinton & The Mitchel kid from Jasper! Alaniz is a bigger kid with a good arm but no where near the speed or agillity of the kid from Jasper who can run or throw. Reminds me alot of Michael Vick. Alaniz is more like a Troy Aikman type kid. eek!

j_dog
11-03-2002, 12:27 AM
classof 85:
I Like the Alaniz kid from Sinton & The Mitchel kid from Jasper! Alaniz is a bigger kid with a good arm but no where near the speed or agillity of the kid from Jasper who can run or throw. Reminds me alot of Michael Vick. Alaniz is more like a Troy Aikman type kid. eek! I haven't seen any of the other guys, but the only Jasper QB I ever saw that had the speed, agility and throwing power to compare to Rodriguez Mitchell made it to the NFL (as a receiver). Mitchell can burn you throwing or running, just ask Diboll.

russ31
11-03-2002, 01:05 AM
From what I saw this Friday night, North Lamar may have one on their hands. We moved a sophomore up, Casey Smith, and he looked all-world. Cannon arm. Threw for 130 2 td 1 int in about 2 quarters of action. He pitched for the varsity baseball team as a freshman last year. Kid was putting the ball on the money, making difficult passes, and going through his progression and making good reads. As long as we have someone to catch them, he'll be one to watch.

<small>[ November 03, 2002, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: russ31 ]</small>

GOFOR2
11-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Actually, class of 85, the Alaniz kid from Sinton happens to run a 4.5 40 and is heading to a major D1 school. He is a very bright kid with exceptional skills and can break down a defense with his arm and speed.

The One
11-03-2002, 11:40 AM
Without question the best QB is Phillip Daughtery from Bridgeport. Those of you mentioning the Sinton kid and Jasper kid need to post those kids in the topic " who is the best athlete that plays QB in the State".

ElMeroMero
11-03-2002, 12:39 PM
Arent the Sinton and Jasper QBs going to a D1 school for baseball too.

sinton66
11-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Alaniz is indeed a signee at the University of Texas with a baseball scholarship.

Puppetmaster101
11-03-2002, 02:02 PM
I wonder where Steven Mcgee of Burnet will go for college. :rolleyes:

CTS#71
11-03-2002, 08:31 PM
I will have to say that one of the top quarterbacks would be Chad Smith. He can throw the ball deep and he can also run it. His stats dont show that he can throw the ball because are team dosent throw the ball very much but when we do he gets it where it needs to be so the reciever can get it. But if you look at his stats you will see how well he runs the ball.

leopards03
11-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Chase Anderle from LG he has the speed and the arm to throw the ball just needs some recievers to catch it..

j_dog
11-03-2002, 11:10 PM
ElMeroMero:
Arent the Sinton and Jasper QBs going to a D1 school for baseball too.Yes, there is probably a very good chance that Jasper QB Mitchell will play D1 baseball. I think he will have the opportunity to pick either, or perhaps both sports.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 12:01 AM
There are many to pick from I have only seen these QBS in action,Mcgee from burnet, Hicks's from Bandera, Pittmen from Camron, he is ok but I hope he got better after the Bellville loss, but the young man from Sinton is very talented, not only is he a great QB, he can throw a baseball very well. My vote would be for Alaniz I saw him in both sports. Only thing I would like to see would be Alaniz stay in a maroon color. GO AGGIES

Look for Jess Buenger on this list next year he is one of the best junior quarterbacks in the area, wish he would have started last year. He is also a good pitcher.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 12:06 AM
There are many to pick from I have only seen these QBS in action,Mcgee from burnet, Hicks's from Bandera, Pittmen from Camron, he is ok but I hope he got better after the Bellville loss, but the young man from Sinton is very talented, not only is he a great QB, he can throw a baseball very well. My vote would be for Alaniz I saw him in both sports. Only thing I would like to see would be Alaniz stay in a maroon color. GO AGGIES

Look for Jess Buenger on this list next year he is one of the best junior quarterbacks in the area, wish he would have started last year. He is also a good pitcher.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 12:07 AM
<small>[ November 03, 2002, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: FormerBellvilleBrahma ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 12:09 AM
There are many to pick from I have only seen these QBS in action,Mcgee from Burnet, Hicks's from Bandera, Pittmen from Cameron, he is ok but I hope he got better after the Bellville loss, 28-0, but the young man from Sinton is very talented, not only is he a great QB, he can throw a baseball very well. My vote would be for Alaniz I saw him in both sports. Only thing I would like to see would be Alaniz stay in a maroon color. GO AGGIES

big daddy russ
11-04-2002, 03:43 PM
The One:
Without question the best QB is Phillip Daughtery from Bridgeport. Those of you mentioning the Sinton kid and Jasper kid need to post those kids in the topic " who is the best athlete that plays QB in the State".Daugherty is definitely a top-tier quarterback, but you can't discount anyone just because they're athletes. A quarterback's job, in my mind, is to effectively direct the offense and be able to break down a defense. Joe Hamilton used his intelligence, arm, pocket presence AND athleticism as the leader of Georgia Tech a couple of years ago, and he won the Davey O'Brien award for top college QB in either '98 or '99... I forget the exact year. You can say the same thing about Donovan McNabb of Philly. I don't discount Daugherty as one of the members of that elite class, but at the same time you can't take out Alaniz or Mitchell, either.

cajun1
11-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Jake McDougle from 14-3A.
He will get MVP for this district again.
Passing Statics
CMP Att PCT Yds TDs Ints Rating
100 161 62.11 1905 24 4 139.932

Rushing Statics
Rush Yards Avg's TDs
68 498 7.32 5

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: cajun1 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2002, 07:05 PM
Stats for Phillip Daugherty of Bridgeport through 9 games...

Passing

177 comp 304 attempts 58.22% 2770yds 29 TDs 10 Ints 112.464 QB rtg

Rushing

61 carries 233 yds 3.82 ypg 3 TDs

committed to TTech.

slpybear

BURNETBULLDOG66
11-04-2002, 07:53 PM
I like everything that BurnetBulldog said about his arm strength and scrambling ability but he also has size like any college QB. He stands 6'4" 190 and bench presses a crazy 285!! I saw him this summer and boy does he have work ethic!! Burnet had a speed, agility and weight work out in the mornings and Stephen would be at there at night right before it got dark and was throwing a ball in a net!! That is why he is so accurate!! HE WANTS IT!! Him and Shipley still have one more year; that is the scariest thing about the Burnet Bulldogs!!

bulldawg89
11-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Ill save everyone trouble by just saying its Stephen Mcgee

phoenix
11-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Phillip Daughety's stats over the past three years speak for themself, plus he is a leader with class. But, don't overlook the sophomore from Decatur, Chandler Dane. He has great poise and pocket presence.