PDA

View Full Version : Another Cuero/Gilmer connection

44INAROW
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I just got off the phone with Tyler Arndt's mom. They (she, hubby and Tyler) are in Virginia with Tyler for an official visit with the school. She said it is beautiful up there. Snow on the ground but not brutally cold. Anyway - they go for dinner tonight and introduce themselves to the people at the table with them (obviously up there with son's etc being recruited) and the man at the table is Stump Godfrey's uncle (I think she said uncle) So Stump and Tyler are both there this weekend. She said they met Stump and he is a very nice young man, and very quiet. The other guy in the group with Tyler and Stump is a WR from Maryland. She said his dad was a talker and he knew of Tyler from reading on message boards etc. She obviously has no idea how the weekend is going to go but she said they are having a good time and it was a good experience. ;)

AAA87
01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
man oh man do i remember those recruiting trips.....wowsa wowsa wowsa!!!!

Green Bling
01-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Isn't that amazing. Glad they are having a good time. Know this is Tyler's first plane trip. Hate seeing our guys head so far away from home, but things like that happen when they grow up!

44INAROW
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
man oh man do i remember those recruiting trips.....wowsa wowsa wowsa!!!!
it was sooo funny.. Nancy said "Yea, after we got through eating, the student athetes took the boys 'to see the town'" I thought, "yea, they're going 'out on the town' alright":D :D
Oh to be 18 again......... :p I like Virginia - and Coach London (and alot of his staff) were at Richmond, where Tre Grey is, Coach seems to be a very good and successful coach.

****it's OK Nancy, I am sure they had a great time**** :)

lostaussie
01-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I just got off the phone with Tyler Arndt's mom. They (she, hubby and Tyler) are in Virginia with Tyler for an official visit with the school. She said it is beautiful up there. Snow on the ground but not brutally cold. Anyway - they go for dinner tonight and introduce themselves to the people at the table with them (obviously up there with son's etc being recruited) and the man at the table is Stump Godfrey's uncle (I think she said uncle) So Stump and Tyler are both there this weekend. She said they met Stump and he is a very nice young man, and very quiet. The other guy in the group with Tyler and Stump is a WR from Maryland. She said his dad was a talker and he knew of Tyler from reading on message boards etc. She obviously has no idea how the weekend is going to go but she said they are having a good time and it was a good experience. ;) that would be crazy if they both ended up at the same school..........out of state!!!

Green Bling
01-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that would be crazy if they both ended up at the same school..........out of state!!!
That would be quite a duo, wouldn't it? Talent + Talent = WOW and then some!!