PDA

View Full Version : speed kills

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
who is the fastest player you have seen in high school football?

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2010, 04:20 PM
DaBryan Blanton of Forney was a blazer

Bo Survia of Marshall was as well..those are two fastest I saw

STANG RED
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Skye Green. To bad the ultra conservative coaching didnt know how to use him effectivly. He was seldom much of a factor.
Speed only kills, if you know how to use it.

BEAST
01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Parrish Cox out of Waco Univeristy is probably the fastest I have ever seen. Also, Robert Griffin, and Jordan Shipley.

BEAST

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 04:27 PM
i cant remember his name but goliad had a rb last year who was a blazer

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Skye Green. To bad the ultra conservative coaching didnt know how to use him effectivly. He was seldom much of a factor.

im guessin he was from sweetwater?

Ex-Tiger2005
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM

heck ya he was fast! where is he now?

Fastest guy i saw at our high school in Snyder was Malcom Wells. Legit 4.4 fourty! And skye was prolly fastest guy i ever saw.

O yea and KT from Snyder too!

Emerson1
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
DaBryan Blanton of Forney
+1

Gobbler Fan
01-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Saw Jordan Shipley in High School against a fast Wharton team in the playoffs = no contest

I watched Brookshire Royal last year in the playoffs the runningback was a speed burner I think he was a Junior

Yep just checked the Rivals Long Star Recruiting for the 2011 season ...this is what they say about him -ranked #6 http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2366

With so many elite-level backs in the state this year, I was a little skeptical of Williams when I first started to hear his name being mentioned with the likes of the other top backs in the 2011 class. Yet, from the moment I hit play on the kid’s 18-minute highlight tape, he had me at hello. Wow. At 6-1, 185 pounds, Williams is a blend of the best parts of Malcolm Brown and Herschel Sims put together. Two things that jump out from the get go with Williams is his burst/explosiveness, along with his nasty disposition as a runner. Whether he’s running between the tackles or making plays in the open field, Williams is going to punish whoever is on the other side of the ball that wants to cross paths. Also, when I made the comparison to Sims, I did so because Williams is a guy that catches and works out of the backfield with relative ease. In fact, his high school makes every effort to get him the ball in as much space as possible because he break a guy down, run through him or right past him. You’ve heard of the three-click guy, well, this kid was a one-click guy for me who just happened to follow up one “wow” play with another 18 minutes of the same thing.
Previous ranking: NR

Highest ranking: 6 (1/21/10)
Debut ranking: 6 (1/21/10)

STANG RED
01-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

Fastest guy i saw at our high school in Snyder was Malcom Wells. Legit 4.4 fourty! And skye was prolly fastest guy i ever saw.

The last I knew, Skye was at Texas Tech, on a track scholarship. I assume he still is there. If he kept his head screwed on straight, he'd be Olympic material. But that was always in question. I just hope he has matured, and is still on track to a bright future.

jason
01-22-2010, 04:44 PM
dabryan blanton - forney
jason mathenia - copperas cove - fastest white guy i ever saw...went to vanderbilt....

BreckTxLonghorn
01-22-2010, 04:52 PM
DaBryan Blanton of Forney was a blazer

+3

Quan Cosby of Mart was pretty speedy back in the day too. Legend of him running 4.2 40yd in high school made it all the way to Breck.

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 04:59 PM
any word on where cosby is now? i think i remember him signing w/ the bengals

Ranger Mom
01-22-2010, 05:00 PM
The last I knew, Skye was at Texas Tech, on a track scholarship. I assume he still is there. If he kept his head screwed on straight, he'd be Olympic material. But that was always in question. I just hope he has matured, and is still on track to a bright future.

Looks like he is a senior at Tech now.

Tech Track (http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-track/mtt/green_skye00.html)

TheDOCTORdre
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM

i remember all the "hype" about how malcom wells was supposedly going to run all over Sweetwater that year...i think we held Snyder to under 50 yds rushing that game

BreckTxLonghorn
01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
any word on where cosby is now? i think i remember him signing w/ the bengals

He was the KR and a 4th/5th WR for Cin-city this year. Nothing fancy numbers-wise, but I think he played well enough to keep his roster spot.

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
He was the KR and a 4th/5th WR for Cin-city this year. Nothing fancy numbers-wise, but I think he played well enough to keep his roster spot.

good!

Emerson1
01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
He played in their playoff game and had catches in that game.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I know he returned a punt for a TD

Ex-Tiger2005
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
i remember all the "hype" about how malcom wells was supposedly going to run all over Sweetwater that year...i think we held Snyder to under 50 yds rushing that game

There may of been hype in S'water because of Malcolm's mouth but we knew that game was gonna be hard hitting as always and i hate to say that getting hit wasnt Malcolm's favorite thing about football. No way you held us to 50 yards that game either.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Looks like he is a senior at Tech now.

Tech Track (http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-track/mtt/green_skye00.html)

I was hoping he was still in school...maybe now we dont have to worry about him playing in the snyder and s'water alumni game!!!

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry Cosby was tackled at the 6 on a 60 yd punt return

TheDOCTORdre
01-22-2010, 06:04 PM
I was hoping he was still in school...maybe now we dont have to worry about him playing in the snyder and s'water alumni game!!!

are you gonna be playing?

slingshot
01-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Gary Edwards from Wylie. Skye was fast but in pads I honestly think Gary was faster... definitely 'shiftier'. I'll never forget one play in particular when ya'll played us here and had led since the first play from scrimmage--an 80 yard Banyard run. Gary kept the ball on a naked bootleg to the left and ended up one on one in the flat with Skye @ DB. Gary gives him a little head fake and freezes him for a split second then ran past him and was gone. TD, Game over.

Trashman
01-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Johnny (Lam) Jones, Lampassas, Tx:D

slingshot
01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Johnny (Lam) Jones, Lampassas, Tx:D True, true... we played against him my soph year in HS. Like trying to tackle air. You would grab but he was gone. Scored like 6 TD's in that game. Man, could that dude run!
BTW, it's Lampasasses, TX. ;) Get it right....

sinfan75
01-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Toya Jones and Willie Mack Garza from Refugio. Them two could scoot. From Sinton Sita Brown and Marcus Charles.

bobcat4life
01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Quan Cosby. That guy ran a legit 4.28 in high school and was a beast
Fred Hackney from Alto in 95. It was before my time but I hhave a copy of the game film and heard from my dad about him going to the Olympic Trials as a sprinter.

Best 4.5 guy that played faster was Jerrod Martin in 95 for celina. He was the fastest white boy in pads Ive seen. He got away from Hackney on a kick return and out ran him for a score...WOW!

RedraideR11
01-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Brad Givens-Odessa high-1991 aside from football fast he ran 20.9 200 meter dash

skins4life
01-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Johnny (Lam) Jones, Lampassas, Tx:D

Glad I read the whole thread. I was going to say the same thing. I was on the jv there his senior year. He's sure the fastest high school RB I've ever seen or played against.

RedraideR11
01-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Dallas Cowan "fastest white boy ever" Odessa High 1990 -three time state champ in the 100 meter dash, played reciever, couldn't really catch though. Devoric Taylor Odessa High 1992

coach
01-22-2010, 10:55 PM
ervin parker...2003....he was the fastest guy in the nation...had the fastest 100 and 200 in the entire nation...he raced adrian peterson in the hundred...fell down to a knee out of his blocks...still beat AD by 15 meters

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by coach
ervin parker...2003....he was the fastest guy in the nation...had the fastest 100 and 200 in the entire nation...he raced adrian peterson in the hundred...fell down to a knee out of his blocks...still beat AD by 15 meters

I swear every fast guy has a story about him beating some other stud, but only after falling, tripping, breaking a leg...but always ending up catching and passing em

bobcat4life
01-22-2010, 11:40 PM
I swear every fast guy has a story about him beating some other stud, but only after falling, tripping, breaking a leg...but always ending up catching and passing em dont believe everything you hear:D

coach
01-23-2010, 12:07 AM
I swear every fast guy has a story about him beating some other stud, but only after falling, tripping, breaking a leg...but always ending up catching and passing em

just ask palestines coach who called my uncle and said i promise ad will beat your kid...it was at a practice meet so it didnt really count...he ran a 10.13 that year...sadly he now works at wal mart because he got into drugs...he seriously had olympic talent....also the first time he ever picked up a basketball he dunked it...never played the sport before and grabbed the ball and jammed it...he was dirt poor and he would have made it big...he ended up at tech and pissed away a promising career

kaorder1999
01-23-2010, 12:16 AM
blanton has been by far the fastest i have ever seen....

big daddy russ
01-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
blanton has been by far the fastest i have ever seen....
True 'dat.

Originally posted by sinfan75
Toya Jones...
The second-fastest kid I can ever remember seeing.

Of the other kids I can remember seeing back during their HS days, Quan Cosby was quick as hell. That same year, Refugio's Alex Boyd was every bit as fast. So were a few of those Everman kids and Marcus Charles. Ingleside had a guy named Chris Rowland who was lightning in a bottle (graduated '97). That same year, Gregory-Portland featured Martin Dossett and CC Carroll had a kid named Eric Tasby who were all just as fast as Rowland. Rowland wound up at UTSA on a track scholly, Dossett at Baylor for football and track (also played in the NFL for a bit), and Tasby had a scholarship from UT (never heard from him after that, though). PI's Misael Iracheta was quick as hell. Aransas Pass' Chad Smithey (their QB during their run to the '98 Semis) was also up there as a forgotten speedster.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
are you gonna be playing?

yea i will attempt it! :D

BEAST
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RedraideR11
Dallas Cowan "fastest white boy ever" Odessa High 1990 -three time state champ in the 100 meter dash, played reciever, couldn't really catch though. Devoric Taylor Odessa High 1992

I remember watching Dallas and Henry Neal from Greenville square off in the 100m finals at Austin. Dallas took the early lead cuz he was better out of the blocks. Neal, however, overtook him and won the race with a 9.9. Cowan ran something like 10.1. That was an amazing race.

BEAST

bigwood33
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I remember watching Dallas and Henry Neal from Greenville square off in the 100m finals at Austin. Dallas took the early lead cuz he was better out of the blocks. Neal, however, overtook him and won the race with a 9.9. Cowan ran something like 10.1. That was an amazing race.

BEAST

That is why I love the state track meet. World class speed at a high school meet! I just wish it was still at DKR Memorial.

jp744
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Are we talking 3A guys or just any. 3a I would have to say Jordan Shipley Burnet.

LE Dad
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Where to begin...
Billy Simms Hooks/ Detroit Lions RB
Rod Smith Texarkana, Ar / Denver Broncos WR
Eric Warfield Texarkana, Ar / KC Cheifs CB
Nathan Vasher Texarkana, Tx / Chi Bears CB
Nathan Jones Texarkana, Tx / U of Tex WR
Brandon Jones LE / SF 49ers WR
LaMarcus Franklin LE / UH?? RB
LaMichael James LE / Oregon RB
Cobi Hamilton Texarkana, Tx / U of Ark WR

They were/ are all Fassssst!!

Lamacus or Cobi are probably the fastest but any of these in their prime would be no more than 1 or 2 tenths apart on a field in pads. Simms may be slowest of this group but if he couldn't outrun you he could sure run you over.:eek:

3afan
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
DaBryan Blanton of Forney
or
Johnny "Lam" Jones of Lampasas <---- correct spelling :D

TheDOCTORdre
01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
yea i will attempt it! :D

I'll see ya there lol, I am atempting to as well

eagleqb_14
01-25-2010, 10:33 PM