PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Now Open

rancher
01-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Just spoke with some good friends at Pasadena School Dist. they told me txthe Giddings Coach was hired Tuedsay night at the Board meeting. They are very excited that he can bring J. Frank Dobie back. Also see the attached article out of Pasadena Citizen paper.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/01/20/pasadena_citizen/sports/011910_fitzhenry.txt

1st and goal
01-22-2010, 01:32 PM
While the paper quoted him in many excerpts, it also stated he would make up his mind on Friday.

hookandladder
01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Just spoke with some good friends at Pasadena School Dist. they told me txthe Giddings Coach was hired Tuedsay night at the Board meeting. They are very excited that he can bring J. Frank Dobie back. Also see the attached article out of Pasadena Citizen paper.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/01/20/pasadena_citizen/sports/011910_fitzhenry.txt

If he does take the job, is it HC only or AD/HC.

rancher
01-22-2010, 01:45 PM
He will be head coach and ath. coord. at J. Frank Dobie H.S. He will not be the ath. dir. for the pasadena school dist.

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
any word on the next hc?

hookandladder
01-22-2010, 02:15 PM

When you say bring Dobie back, if you mean football only that is where you can have major problems. If they are bring him to Dobie just to win football games then this could lead to problems in other sports, the HC/AC should support all sports equally.

rancher
01-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Football is king, evident by this forum. Like Al Davis said, "Just win baby."

warda
01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't think its open yet. Nothing is official until you sign on the dotted line.

hookandladder
01-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Football is king, evident by this forum. Like Al Davis said, "Just win baby."

LG hired a coach a few years ago to just win baby and that he did however the lack of support for other sport's wore his welcome out. There are coaches out there that can win baby and support all sports.

rancher
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Pick up the phone and call the Pasadena School Dist. Athletic Dept., they will tell you that it is a done deal. He will be starting soon at J. Frank Dobie.

TRENCHES06
01-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
LG hired a coach a few years ago to just win baby and that he did however the lack of support for other sport's wore his welcome out. There are coaches out there that can win baby and support all sports.

LG now is successful in all girls sports, boys basketball, baseball, football and has started a soccer program.

Good things going on in LG since 2005.

hookandladder
01-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
LG now is successful in all girls sports, boys basketball, baseball, football and has started a soccer program.

Good things going on in LG since 2005.

Very true, great Super,Coaches,school board and community support. Could not be better timing for me, hoping things stay the same for a while. Go Leps.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I just spoke with a Giddings coach who told me he was going with Fitz to a 5A school...so, I guess it's a done deal?

GiddingsFan
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I call BS!

poundthaball
01-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Coach Fitzhenry was offered the head fb coaching job with Pasadena ISD. The board has approved his salary. He has not accepted the position at Pasadena ISD. He has not resigned from Giddings ISD. No decision will be made until next week.

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 06:09 PM
thanks for clearin that up

WAOBUFFS!
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Everybody has jumped the "proverbial gun" on this one. Just spoke to another football coach. They said Fitzhenry was "offered job".
Had not and may not take Pasadena job. Even went as for to say that He would more than likely stay in Giddings. Even with all the nonsense that was going on.

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 06:58 PM
got a friend at dobie hs. said the whole school expects fitzpatrick to b there coach

Trashman
01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
I just spoke with a homeless guy at the Early Whataburger and he said it was a done deal.:D

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
u sure he wasnt brad mccoy incognito?

Trashman
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
u sure he wasnt brad mccoy incognito?

You know.........you may be right....:thinking:

bobcat4life
01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Brad MCoy could be the next HC :D

poundthaball
01-23-2010, 07:58 AM
There has been a develpoment, not a new one. Could be the 'greener on the other side of fence' situation. I was told Coach Fitzhenry would be at Powerlifting Meet today that Giddinigs was hosting.

Mojado
01-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by poundthaball
There has been a develpoment, not a new one. Could be the 'greener on the other side of fence' situation. I was told Coach Fitzhenry would be at Powerlifting Meet today that Giddinigs was hosting.

Grass is green everywhere as long as you dont pee on it...:D

bigwood33
01-24-2010, 09:01 PM
When you say bring Dobie back, if you mean football only that is where you can have major problems. If they are bring him to Dobie just to win football games then this could lead to problems in other sports, the HC/AC should support all sports equally.
He would only be the HFC so, it his only job will be winning football games. Pasadena ISD has an AD and are looking for a football coach only.

Mojado
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM

Show me a Head Football Coach that supports all sports equally but loses Football games and I'll show you a house for sale... his! First order of business is winning football games and turning the football program around first...

hookandladder
01-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
Show me a Head Football Coach that supports all sports equally but loses Football games and I'll show you a house for sale... his! First order of business is winning football games and turning the football program around first...

In 3A schools down, there are plenty of AD/HC coaches who have won on the football field but did not support other sports. When those coaches end up leaving some of the time it is because they were not supportive of all sports, you can be successful in football and support all other programs. It is why you have the AD with your job title.

PhiI C
01-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Was that the one they fired right after he won the state championship but the next year they lost an early game and he made the players leave by the back door after the game? It seemed like there was more to it than that.

Johnny Utah
01-25-2010, 08:32 AM
You should want to win at everything, every sport, no matter what. Yes, AD/Head Football coaches are there to build football programs, but they are also there to build every program. Look at Graham, Abilene Wylie, Gilmer(can hoop), Tatum, Seminole, La Vernia, etc...those programs support each other and win in everything. That is how it is supposed to be. I want my kids in programs like that.

warda
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Was that the one they fired right after he won the state championship but the next year they lost an early game and he made the players leave by the back door after the game? It seemed like there was more to it than that.

The coach you are thinking of was not fired. He left to take another job closer to family. Plus, he didn't leave until 4-5 years after they won it all. As a matter of fact, he went back to the state championship game the next year. Then he went 3 deep the next year. Then he went 3 deep the next year. Then he had a down year, and decided to move on.

NastySlot
01-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I just spoke with a homeless guy at the Early Whataburger and he said it was a done deal.:D

Early has a Whataburger?

Mojado
01-25-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm not arguing with Johnny and Hook... I'm saying he needs to win football games FIRST, then do the supportive thing...

And it's not like the other sports in Giddings suck... I hear the track teams are pretty good and both basketball teams aint bad and the softball team usually heads to the playoffs every year and the baseball team should win the state title...

He might do alright wherever he goes...

Johnny Utah
01-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I hear ya, not arguing either. I just think we miss the point at times, no reason a successful football program can not carry over to winning in other sports.

TRENCHES06
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
WHY is there no update to this??

hookandladder
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C

Been here 15 yrs. and have never heard of that one, This is all new news to me. I do not think we even have a back door.

hookandladder
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
I'm not arguing with Johnny and Hook... I'm saying he needs to win football games FIRST, then do the supportive thing...

And it's not like the other sports in Giddings suck... I hear the track teams are pretty good and both basketball teams aint bad and the softball team usually heads to the playoffs every year and the baseball team should win the state title...

He might do alright wherever he goes...

I think you may be missing the point here, just because other sports are successful does not mean you are a great AD/HC. I am saying win or lose in all sports the AD should be supportive of all coaches and kids, I have seen AD/HC's that are not supportive of all programs although they are successful.

Johnny Utah
01-25-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree totally Hook. Your the athletic leader, you should be and should be expected to be supportive of all sports.