PDA

View Full Version : best walk-on

coach
01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
who are some of the best walk-ons to ever play college football?

Pick6
01-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Rudy, he was so good they made a movie about him...lol

Rabid Cougar
01-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Rudy, he was so good they made a movie about him...lol

12th Man Kick off Team members (all walk-ons) under Jackie Sherrill would have eaten Rudy's bbq lunch and sent him home crying for momma. They maybe were not the best Walk-ons but a damd site better than Rudy.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
I know Cedric Benson didn't have a scholarship until his last year at Texas.

I'm not sure Ricky Williams was ever a scholarship player at all.

Maybe only technically right, but kinda close.

hawkfan
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I know Cedric Benson didn't have a scholarship until his last year at Texas.

I'm not sure Ricky Williams was ever a scholarship player at all.

Maybe only technically right, but kinda close.

I don't know if they should be considered walk-ons. Both recieved signing bonuses for minor league baseball that helped pay tuition. If not for that they would definantly be scholarship players.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I don't know if they should be considered walk-ons. Both recieved signing bonuses for minor league baseball that helped pay tuition. If not for that they would definantly be scholarship players.

But they weren't :)

big daddy russ
01-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't have a comprehensive list, but I'd submit Brandon Burlsworth of Arkie. Guy was a stud, died waaay too early.

STANG RED
01-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Wasnt Wes Welker a walkon?

BEAST
01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Wasnt Wes Welker a walkon?

I was thinking that as well. If so, to me, he is the best, in recent history anyway.

BEAST

bobcat4life
01-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Wes Welker was great....

Old Tiger
01-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Clay Matthews was a walk on at USC and he ended up being a first round draft pick and was in the talks this year for rookie of the year in the NFL.

OLE'BULL
01-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Brian Gambel from A&M was a walk on from I think Alto. Guy turned in to a 4 year starter for the Ags back when they were still the Wrecking Crew. Never had a career after but I think he's in to coaching

bobcat4life
01-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Brian Gambel from A&M was a walk on from I think Alto. Guy turned in to a 4 year starter for the Ags back when they were still the Wrecking Crew. Never had a career after but I think he's in to coaching he was a stud at Alto. He was an all state player both ways in 95

NastySlot
01-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Brian Gambel from A&M was a walk on from I think Alto. Guy turned in to a 4 year starter for the Ags back when they were still the Wrecking Crew. Never had a career after but I think he's in to coaching

I think he was on the staff at Incarnate Word.

LH Panther Mom
01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I think he was on the staff at Incarnate Word.
As far as I know, he still is. :thinking: I don't remember seeing him at the banquet last week, though.

NastySlot
01-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
As far as I know, he still is. :thinking: I don't remember seeing him at the banquet last week, though.

should have put I think he was on the staff at Incarnate Word this past season....I did make it sound like he might not be there...sorry.

LH Panther Mom
01-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
should have put I think he was on the staff at Incarnate Word this past season....I did make it sound like he might not be there...sorry.
I figured that's what you meant, and I still don't remember seeing him....I did see the rest. :thinking:

eagleqb_14
01-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Rudy, he was so good they made a movie about him...lol haha:fnypost: