PDA

View Full Version : Underrated to overrated

coach
01-21-2010, 05:53 PM
is there an athlete out there who was been "claimed" to be underrated so much that in your eyes they are now overrated

GreenMonster
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Rodney Dangerfield, he made a living off of his "no respect" schtick. After his many years on the scene, many called him a comedic genius. I think he was just comedic. OVERRATED

Bullaholic
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Don't want to, but I just gotta----TO could be the poster child for this thread. :D

coach
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Rodney Dangerfield, he made a living off of his "no respect" schtick. After his many years on the scene, many called him a comedic genius. I think he was just comedic. OVERRATED

athlete

Green Bling
01-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't want to, but I just gotta----TO could be the poster child for this thread. :D :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

bobcat4life
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Romo. he is good but I often hear him as a top 5 quarterback, and he is not a top 5 qb.

forum_guy
01-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Romo. he is good but I often hear him as a top 5 quarterback, and he is not a top 5 qb.

+1

lvbears32
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM

+2

NateDawg39
01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Romo. he is good but I often hear him as a top 5 quarterback, and he is not a top 5 qb. He is a top 6 QB

bobcat4life
01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
He is a top 6 QB I think is is in the 8-12 range compared to other starters in the league

coach
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
+1

shocker of the night

coach
01-21-2010, 09:18 PM
ray allen gets my vote

carter08
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM
QB's better than Romo:

Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Schaub
Favre
Rogers

31. JaMarcus Russell
32. Tony Romo

bobcat4life
01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by carter08
QB's better than Romo:

Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Schaub
Favre
Rogers

31. JaMarcus Russell
32. Tony Romo there are a few backups you forgot to mention lol

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I think is is in the 8-12 range compared to other starters in the league

What are the comparisons?

Gobbla2001
01-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I'll put my two cents (maybe even sense) in on Romo:

When he's playing with confidence: top 5 QB...

When something (or two) bad happens during a game that he may/may not have had control over: bottom half...

bobcat4life
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
What are the comparisons? thats just my opinion on Romo compared to the ohers in the league.

coach
01-22-2010, 01:49 AM
QB's better than Romo:

Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Schaub
Favre
Rogers

31. JaMarcus Russell
32. Tony Romo

schaub is not better than romo

carter08
01-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by coach
schaub is not better than romo

If you think that, you're blind with Cowboys love.

Let's just look at the stats. Schaub put up the 6th highest passing yard total in NFL history. More TD, higher rating, better completion percentage, fumbled less than Romo, all without having anyone else on offense but Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels, who missed half the season with an injury. Schaub had no running game to help him out.

BullsFan
01-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Let's just look at the stats. Schaub put up the 6th highest passing yard total in NFL history. More TD, higher rating, better completion percentage, fumbled less than Romo, all without having anyone else on offense but Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels, who missed half the season with an injury. Schaub had no running game to help him out.

Having no running game can falsely inflate your passing numbers. If you have no other options, you're forced to pass all the time. And I don't know who all Schaub faced, but I also think that can affect your numbers.

Farmersfan
01-22-2010, 10:09 AM

How dare you speak out against the Boy-God Romo!!!!!!!! You will perish in a most heinous way for your insolence carter08!!!!

:D :D :D

Farmersfan
01-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Having no running game can falsely inflate your passing numbers. If you have no other options, you're forced to pass all the time. And I don't know who all Schaub faced, but I also think that can affect your numbers.

But wouldn't having "no running game" also increase the obstacles that Schaub had to pass against????? Looks like to me it would be a wash.

Maroon87
01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
QB's better than Romo:

Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Schaub
Favre
Rogers

31. JaMarcus Russell
32. Tony Romo

Thanks for that completely unbiased analysis...

BullsFan
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Not to mention that saying without having anyone else on offense but Andre Johnson is like saying I don't have anyone else to help in a boxing match except the USMC. Johnson is the best receiver in the league, and I would know as I watched one of my competitors in FF beat me handily every week with Andre and Chris Johnson. She liked to say that her Johnsons were working out pretty well for her. ;)

coach
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM

then why cant schaub get into the postseason? whats his overall record? how many more times does he thow the ball more than romo?

coach
01-22-2010, 11:39 AM
not to mention the td int ratio is way better...and claimig that romo is the 32nd qb in the league just shows your stupidity on football and your biased towards houston sports which hasnt been relevant since the 90's and even that comes with an *....if anyone is blind with love it is you with the sorry texans...hell romo has just as many playoff wins as texans do winning seasons

Farmersfan
01-22-2010, 11:41 AM
then why cant schaub get into the postseason? whats his overall record? how many more times does he thow the ball more than romo?

Running around slinging the ball all over the place and putting up huge passing numbers without actually accomplishing anything and then failing to make the playoffs or failing in the playoffs???

Dang Coach, You are right! Schaub isn't better than Romo.....He IS Romo!!!!! :D :D :D

GrTigers6
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Running around slinging the ball all over the place and putting up huge passing numbers without actually accomplishing anything and then failing to make the playoffs or failing in the playoffs???

Dang Coach, You are right! Schaub isn't better than Romo.....He IS Romo!!!!! :D :D :D So according to this quote, if you lose in the playoffs you are romo. So I guess every qb but one in the league is a " romo".
Only one can win it all, just because you dont, doesnt make you a bad qb. as long as you are growing and getting better then thats all I ask.

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Back to the original discussion:

Matt Schaub

OldBison75
01-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Let it be said that the Bison will look at things realistic and offer this comparison:

Take Romo and put him in the offense of, say, the New Orleans Saints this year. He has a better o-line, good receiving corps, a good running back and a super multi-purpose back. Suddenly Romo is a pretty good QB.

Now take Brees and put him in the Cowboy system. His offensive line is questionable, he has a top tight end and spotty wideout play, he has a good running back corps but no real brekaway threats. Brees is now reduced to average.

The reality is that Romo is not the best QB in the league, and not the worst. In the right system with great support, he would probably be a top 5 QB. In the system he is in he is probably number 7-10 right now.

Romo is not the problem with the Cowboys, it is much deeper than that.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM

uhh who did romo have to throw to? a pro bowl TE a bust of a WR and a UFA WR became the main target..dont act like Dallas was loaded with WR threats.

Shaub threw only 3 more TDS but 7 more ints

Shaub had a hell of a season, but dont act like his season was so much better than Romo.

Emerson1
01-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Marion Barber

Farmersfan
01-22-2010, 01:57 PM
So how do you measure a O-line? What number or stat tells how good or how bad your O-line is?

carter08
01-22-2010, 04:38 PM

Schaub threw the ball 33 more times than Romo. OOOOH.

Romo at 32 was a joke people. I put him right before I put the "..."

coach
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Schaub threw the ball 33 more times than Romo. OOOOH.

Romo at 32 was a joke people. I put him right before I put the "..."
no you have it wrong....you're the joke

JasperDog94
01-23-2010, 12:05 AM
HA!!! There was not a doubt in my mind that this thread would turn into a discussion on Tony Romo.:hijacktd: :hijacktd: :hijacktd:

carter08
01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
no you have it wrong....you're the joke

Mmm, that would hurt if I was coming from anyone else.