PDA

View Full Version : Teams That Don't Get Noticed.....

Bullaholic
01-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Which schools do you think have some pretty good sports teams/programs that don't seem to get that much discussion or notice, not just on the 3ADL, but in general?

Bullaholic
01-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I think our Bridgeport Sissies girl's basketball team kind of falls into this category. They have been improving greatly over the last couple of seasons with a deep playoff run in 08', and currently a No. 16 state ranking. If we can keep the coach and the girls keep working as hard as they have been, I think Bridgeport girls basketball will begin to show up on a lot of folk's sports radars.

I will say that I think it is especially hard for non-football, and especially girls teams, to get a lot of love outside of their own towns.

Charlie47
01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
That's easy, Lucas Lovejoy. Allen is 3 miles away, great coverage.
Lovejoy, prior to the Quarterfinals, a "52 word article". The girls
Volleyball, 2 State Championships in a row, very little coverage.
On Friday Night Football TV coverage, various stations bring the crews to games all over the Metroplex, no coverage or even mention by any of the MetroPlex TV stations.:(

Bullaholic
01-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47
That's easy, Lucas Lovejoy. Allen is 3 miles away, great coverage.
Lovejoy, prior to the Quarterfinals, a "52 word article". The girls
Volleyball, 2 State Championships in a row, very little coverage.
On Friday Night Football TV coverage, various stations bring the crews to games all over the Metroplex, no coverage or even mention by any of the MetroPlex TV stations.:(

Wow, sure tough being the "new kid on the block", Charlie. I did not know that the girls had 2 state volleyball titles in a row, but I knew that the football team did well this season without winning a title.

catgut
01-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Try living in Paris sometime. We're just stuck up here in corner where no one knows we exist.

STANG RED
01-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Try living in Paris sometime. We're just stuck up here in corner where no one knows we exist.

But yall do have that big ol tower everybody talks about.:D

Oh, and I almost forgot about that huge can of soup.;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Sweetwater, Snyder, and Brownwood never get any attention.

OLE'BULL
01-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Sweetwater, Snyder, and Brownwood never get any attention.

Best one I have heard in a long time

Bullaholic
01-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I think Lorena and Pleasant Grove were both better teams than many thought and noticed last season. Lorena barely lost to Carthage, and Pleasant Grove knocked off a very salty Argyle team in the playoffs before narrowly losing to Pittsburg.

bobcat4life
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Pleasant Grove, Lovejoy, Monahans, Mexia, and Brownwood

lvbears32
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
la vernia has made the playoffs in football every year since 1997. we had a 200 meter sprinter win state (by beating jordan shipley who took silver), and won district every year for at least the past 4 years in track, our cross country team took silver as a team this year at state, we had our first olympian in dusty jonas (high jump), golf went to state for the first time last year (8th), powerlifing send people to state every year and has 2 gold medals, had a basketball player at a&m a few years back, a defensive end at houston football and a tight end at tcu right now. and a great uil acdemics tradition including being a top art program in the state.

catgut
01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
But yall do have that big ol tower everybody talks about.:D

Oh, and I almost forgot about that huge can of soup.;) LOL..would you believe I helped build that tower and before that I worked in that huge can of soup!

BullsFan
01-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
la vernia has made the playoffs in football every year since 1997. we had a 200 meter sprinter win state (by beating jordan shipley who took silver), and won district every year for at least the past 4 years in track, our cross country team took silver as a team this year at state, we had our first olympian in dusty jonas (high jump), golf went to state for the first time last year (8th), powerlifing send people to state every year and has 2 gold medals, had a basketball player at a&m a few years back, a defensive end at houston football and a tight end at tcu right now. and a great uil acdemics tradition including being a top art program in the state.

LOL--I just realized what your name stands for. And here since you started posting I've just been thinking you're a guy who isn't afraid to admit he loves teddy bears. ;)

lvbears32
01-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
LOL--I just realized what your name stands for. And here since you started posting I've just been thinking you're a guy who isn't afraid to admit he loves teddy bears. ;)

ROTFL! sorry to disappoint u BullsFan. if it makes u feel better im not afraid to admit that i am fond of teddy bears, however it has nothing to do with my username

BullsFan
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
ROTFL! sorry to disappoint u BullsFan. if it makes u feel better im not afraid to admit that i am fond of teddy bears, however it has nothing to do with my username

You know, it takes a big man to admit his partiality for fuzzy wuzzy stuffed animals. ;)

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
You know, it takes a big man to admit his partiality for fuzzy wuzzy stuffed animals. ;)

not fuzzy...just cuddly. the fuzzy ones make me sneeze

bobcat4life
01-22-2010, 12:52 AM
we all have our weaknesses

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
we all have our weaknesses

except brad mccoy

coach
01-22-2010, 08:28 AM
fairfield girls basketball...9 straight postseasons....they were within single digits two seperate years from heading to state and they had one of the best players in the state a couple of years ago in choicetta mcmillan

GUNHO
01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by catgut

That's what wo-s thought but we know who you are now.:tongue: :D

truebluestang
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
The Ingleside Mustangs 54-19 in the last six seasons reaching the state semi-finals and state quarterfinals. Played a good game against Cuero who was the best team in 3A this (Idon't care what anyone says- they had Gilmer beat).

44INAROW
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
la vernia ....golf went to state for the first time last year (8th),
I followed couple of the golfers on the LV golf team at Regionals in 2006 and 2007 - one was Corey Baker.. Where is he now. He and my youngest played the 1st day together in 2006 I think?

lvbears32
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I followed couple of the golfers on the LV golf team at Regionals in 2006 and 2007 - one was Corey Baker.. Where is he now. He and my youngest played the 1st day together in 2006 I think?

corey baker played football for 2 years at eastern new mexico. he was gunna start his junior year, but coaches changedand the new guy wanted a dropback passer. now corey is golfin at tlu

MUSTANG69
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
The Ingleside Mustangs 54-19 in the last six seasons reaching the state semi-finals and state quarterfinals. Played a good game against Cuero who was the best team in 3A this (Idon't care what anyone says- they had Gilmer beat).

:thumbsup: