PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Factor In Cowboys Improvement

Bullaholic
01-20-2010, 11:25 AM
What do you think was the biggest factor in the improvement of the Cowboys this season?

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Well I voted for Phillips as DC; the D played great this year but statistically wasn't much different in the past 3 years. Romo playing better ball and Miles Austin emerging made the biggest difference. So I'm changing my vote, should have thought about it first.

waterboy
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Fewer injuries? Maybe?

I think you could have a valid argument for any of the above......

3afan
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
all of the above!

pancho villa
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I think they were just as rotton as last year! The NFC east was horrable! Go Viks

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I think first and foremost they did not lose their starting QB for 3 games..did not lose their starting RB for basically last month of season..did not lose their 2nd best RB for most of season.

Phillips running the D all year was huge

Romo improved his turnovers

As far as the leadership and chemistry

I am still torn on that...I have been reading a book that followed the Ravens for a year and Brian Billick said it best

When your 10-6 the lockeroom is great..when ur 8-8 the lockeroom becomes a problem.

So I dont know how much the losing affected the chemistry or the chemistry created the losing...I do know it did not hurt to get rid of the "problem" players whether real or percieved.

BuckeyeNut
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Having a WR that can run and catch the ball opened up the Offience so more more.

3afan
01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
i think the term "distraction" is so over used .......

take last year with the Cowboys ... so much was attributed to the TO & PacMan distractions. how did the attention given those 2 (Distraction!) affect other players doing theor jobs? it doesnt.

but it makes juicy reporting so the media runs with that stuff

Bullaholic
01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree with you guys---"Lack of Key Injuries" should have been another poll choice.

GrTigers6
01-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
all of the above! I agree, I believe it was the combination of all of those factors coming together.

VWG
01-20-2010, 02:10 PM
I can't pick just one. I would say Wade as the DC, Romo's improved play, and getting rid of the cancer in the clubhouse.

TheDOCTORdre
01-20-2010, 02:20 PM
McBriar was healthy

forum_guy
01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
They need open up the playbook and go downfield more. Their offense was too easy to read. As far as the poll it has to be a combo of all of them.

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
They need open up the playbook and go downfield more. Their offense was too easy to read. As far as the poll it has to be a combo of all of them.

It is kinda funny..last year the knock was they tried to go deep TO MUCH and did not have enough routes in a play that allowed Romo to dump the ball

Now it is they dont go deep enough.

Farmersfan
01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Having Felix Jones healthy down the stretch was huge. I think they need to make Jones the fulltime back and bring Marion in like they use to with Julius Jones. (but Marion would never go for that).

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Having Felix Jones healthy down the stretch was huge. I think they need to make Jones the fulltime back and bring Marion in like they use to with Julius Jones. (but Marion would never go for that).

I am torn on this one as well

I kinda liked how Jones got more carries LATER in the season

I would not mind a Choice/Jones combo and Barber in short yardage goal line or whatever

PPSTATEBOUND
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
A weak division.:clap:

Bullaholic
01-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
A weak division.:clap:

When you going to change your name to PPSTATECHAMP? :D

DU_stud04
01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
make felix #1 back, it would be nice if he could stay healthy. i like choice in the backfield with him. barber seems to be falling apart with his abusive running style that he's used over the years. bennetts got to step his game up, i was exited about the two tight sets with him and witten, even splitting his large frame to the outside like they would at the beginning of the season. he needs alot more work though, see if he can better those hands and get in sync with romo.

Old Tiger
01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Obviously it was Miles Austin because before he emerged they were not very effective offensively.

IMO they need to trade MB3 and keep Felix and Tashard.

Trashman
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
i think it was a domino effect. Get rid of the gangsters and the others items on the list fell into place.:D

LH Panther Mom
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think the term "distraction" is so over used .......

Well, there was the whole "Jessica" distraction. :devil: :devil: And yes, lots of media-driven stuff over that, but I can't be the only one that noticed that he "seemed" to play at a better level when she wasn't there.