PDA

View Full Version : Did the Cowboys win?

pancho villa
01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
After watching the game aginst the Vikings Fri. how did they get in the playoffs? Oh yeah they were in with the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants. oh my! LOL

NateDawg39
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
After watching the game aginst the Vikings Fri. how did they get in the playoffs? Oh yeah they were in with the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants. oh my! LOL :doh: Hey they beat the Saints! lol

Bullaholic
01-19-2010, 11:01 AM
After watching the game aginst the Vikings Fri. how did they get in the playoffs? Oh yeah they were in with the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants. oh my! LOL

Well, you see Pancho, the Cowboys were representing the NFL East in the playoffs---unlike the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants...:D

pancho villa
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, you see Pancho, the Cowboys were representing the NFL East in the playoffs---unlike the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants...:D

Who were to crapy to make the playoffs!

Bullaholic
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM

On that we agree 100%, Pancho...:D

IHStangFan
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
:doh: Hey they beat the Saints! lol Who beat the Vikes.....but as we can all see...that doesn't mean squat. ;)

coach
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
im prett sure the eagles made the pllayoffs

Bullaholic
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by coach
im prett sure the eagles made the pllayoffs

Yep, they were an NFL (Not For Long) wildcard team in the playoffs...:D

pancho villa
01-19-2010, 12:19 PM
The Saints and Vikings were the only teams in the NFC that were any good. Az and GB at times were ok.

forum_guy
01-19-2010, 12:23 PM
What is even worse is that they fooled everyone into thinking they were going to win on the road in Minnesota

Bullaholic
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
What is even worse is that they fooled everyone into thinking they were going to win on the road in Minnesota

I don't think I would be very happy with them if they went into ANY game not expecting to win, much less a playoff game.

forum_guy
01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't think I would be very happy with them if they went into ANY game not expecting to win, much less a playoff game.

Not what i was getting at. I was talking about just because Dallas won the NFC Least as i like to call it this year and beat the Saints when they were due for a loss everyone forgot how they played before that Saints win. The defense had 2 shut outs to end the year against two NFC least opponents and then got lucky to have to play that same "turrible" eagles team again. They do have a rough schedule next year. I don't like the Cowboys but i think they defintely need someone with deep threat ability if they want to go any further than they did this year.

NateDawg39
01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Not what i was getting at. I was talking about just because Dallas won the NFC Least as i like to call it this year and beat the Saints when they were due for a loss everyone forgot how they played before that Saints win. The defense had 2 shut outs to end the year against two NFC least opponents and then got lucky to have to play that same "turrible" eagles team again. They do have a rough schedule next year. I don't like the Cowboys but i think they defintely need someone with deep threat ability if they want to go any further than they did this year. why do u call it the NFC Least

Bullaholic
01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Not what i was getting at. I was talking about just because Dallas won the NFC Least as i like to call it this year and beat the Saints when they were due for a loss everyone forgot how they played before that Saints win. The defense had 2 shut outs to end the year against two NFC least opponents and then got lucky to have to play that same "turrible" eagles team again. They do have a rough schedule next year. I don't like the Cowboys but i think they defintely need someone with deep threat ability if they want to go any further than they did this year.

If you say so, forum---kinda hard to read without any commas.....What do do you call Miles Austin and soon, Ogletree?

forum_guy
01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
why do u call it the NFC Least

AKA Nfc East. I call it that because that division was terrible this year compared to years past

forum_guy
01-19-2010, 02:54 PM
If you say so, forum---kinda hard to read without any commas.....What do do you call Miles Austin and soon, Ogletree?

If defenses don't have to gameplan for the deepball they are already a step ahead. Dallas never utilizes the deep ball like most teams. Constantly throwing 2 and 3 yd passes to Witten is easy to stop for GOOD defenses.

Bullaholic
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
If defenses don't have to gameplan for the deepball they are already a step ahead. Dallas never utilizes the deep ball like most teams. Constantly throwing 2 and 3 yd passes to Witten is easy to stop for GOOD defenses.

NFL teams throw to the "hot" receiver on designed plays, forum. I think you will find the teams who consistently move the ball down the field and have a good scoring % in the redzone are the best teams in the league. True, most can throw th ball up the field--but so can Dallas when the receivers separate and the QB has time to set up. I'll take the high % completions on short passes over going deep too much.

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
AKA Nfc East. I call it that because that division was terrible this year compared to years past

yet overall, it was still the best division in the NFC.

bobcat4life
01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
the cowboys only won because of Red Jesus and Captain Kangaroo:D

forum_guy
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
NFL teams throw to the "hot" receiver on designed plays, forum. I think you will find the teams who consistently move the ball down the field and have a good scoring % in the redzone are the best teams in the league. True, most can throw th ball up the field--but so can Dallas when the receivers separate and the QB has time to set up. I'll take the high % completions on short passes over going deep too much.

oh yeah, i defintely agree. All those stats and tds romo and the boys put up doesn't mean anything if you can't get tds when in the redzone

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM

You have to have that threat of a deep pass to keep the SS and FS from stepping up into the passing lanes and cheating to the run.