PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder

GrTigers6
01-18-2010, 06:54 AM
If you think back to the 91 season when the cowboys went 10-6, after seasons of 1-15 in 89 and 8-8 and missing playoffs in 90, They beat Chicago in Chicago for the wildcard and then were blown out by the Lions in the division game. The next four years we all know went very well. So I am interested what this young team can do to match that success. :thinking:

GREAT SEASON COWBOYS!

piratebg
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
The fact that they've finally won a playoff game still makes the season somewhat of a success. It's been a long time coming. I really am excited for next season.

Trashman
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM
X3:D

Pick6
01-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
If you think back to the 91 season when the cowboys went 10-6, after seasons of 1-15 in 89 and 8-8 and missing playoffs in 90, They beat Chicago in Chicago for the wildcard and then were blown out by the Lions in the division game. The next four years we all know went very well. So I am interested what this young team can do to match that success. :thinking:

GREAT SEASON COWBOYS!

Same thing Chris Berman say on TV yesterday.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
different type of league back then...If u were good then unless major injuries hit then u would be good the next year. It took years for teams to build up or rebuild.

Now teams can jump from 5-11 to 11-5 and vice versa in one season

Dallas SHOULD be good again next year, but with their schedule I could seem them being better, but with a worse record.

Also this team has more glaring questions than that one.

the 1992 squad going into 1992 only needed a couple of things..a dominant pass rusher and a more quality depth in the secondary..the rest of the team was in place and it was about the progression of their youth.

This squad needs better OL depth..another true homerun threat at WR...help at safety and of course a kicker.

waterboy
01-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I think the Cowboys are only about 4 or 5 GOOD players away from a Super Bowl shot. They do have to have more depth on the O-line, add another homerun threat receiver, and most definitely a KICKER. Kickers seem to have such a fragile psyche that one miss seems to snowball....... Enough of that! Get somebody who doesn't have a weak psyche! Those two early misses yesterday added frustration to an already frustrated offense yesterday. I knew the Cowboys were in trouble when they missed those field goals after decent drives. Romo needs to learn how to keep from fumbling, too........:doh: I was sitting there hollering, "Tuck the dang ball, and take the sack!":mad: Don't hold the ball like a loaf of bread!:doh: Geeeesh!

Third
01-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Romo needs to learn how to keep from fumbling, too........:doh: I was sitting there hollering, "Tuck the dang ball, and take the sack!":mad: Don't hold the ball like a loaf of bread!:doh: Geeeesh!

That kinda comes as a result of what kind of quarterback he is. He's a playmaker, he makes plays with his feet when things break down, so if you're going to take the good you have to accept the bad when it happens.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Especially when the bad was only 5 fumbles this year..and 2 of the 3 fumbles he has no control over and even the one fumble that was his fault was on a 3rd and long and he was being sacked, so it did not kill a drive

waterboy
01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Third
That kinda comes as a result of what kind of quarterback he is. He's a playmaker, he makes plays with his feet when things break down, so if you're going to take the good you have to accept the bad when it happens.
I realize that, but, dang........he still needs to tuck the ball in congestion. Don't get me wrong, I like Romo and his ability to extend plays, but he does hold the ball out there a little too loosely at times. He did a much better job this year of hanging onto the ball, but yesterday he reverted back to the fumbleitis that he had last year. To be fair about it, though, he was under assault the entire day from the Vikings defense.:( I definitely don't blame Romo for the loss. It was the team that lost this one.

GrTigers6
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Same thing Chris Berman say on TV yesterday. Oh really I missed that, was it on sports center or something else?