PDA

View Full Version : Wade Phillips

bobcat4life
01-17-2010, 04:04 PM
does he keep his job?

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2010, 04:06 PM
He should..Won a division won a play off game.

coach
01-17-2010, 04:07 PM
hell does he keep jason?

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by coach
hell does he keep jason?

I wish Jones would at least think about it..but he wont

NateDawg39
01-17-2010, 04:09 PM
It just seemed like they were calling conservative plays all day and not really taking any chances on trick plays, or long deep passes.

AND STOP with the delayed hand offs! They worked against some teams but im pretty sure the Vikings saw how good the boys were doing on those and schemed against them

sinton66
01-17-2010, 04:17 PM
hell does he keep jason?

If he has a lick of sense, he won't.

kaorder1999
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
hes fired a coach after winning a super bowl so it wouldnt surprise me if he does

sinton66
01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
hes fired a coach after winning a super bowl so it wouldnt surprise me if he does

Yeah, but Phillips isn't trying to be the GM. That's what caused the rift with Johnson. Jones had every intention of giving that job to his son.

Green Bling
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
JJ isn't the most patient person and doesn't always think logically( understatements). Cowboys are improving and changing head horses in midstream will throw the in reverse.Keep Wade and you have a chance to keep getting better.

carter08
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
If Jones fires his head coach, 'girls will go 6-10 next season.

PhiI C
01-17-2010, 07:03 PM
If the NFL goes to free agency no salary limit the Cowboys may be the next Yankees with Jerry Jones money.

bobcat4life
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
If the NFL goes to free agency no salary limit the Cowboys may be the next Yankees with Jerry Jones money.

sounds good to me

carter08
01-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C

Cowboys finished top 8 this year. They will have restrictions this offseason if there is no cap.

gobbler grad
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
keep Wade and trade for another QB...:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
keep Wade and trade for another QB...:thinking:

And he would have still got sacked 6 times today

Trashman
01-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Wade is the only shot the Boys have of getting to the SB next year. Can't believe I just said that.....but it's true.:D A new coach and a new offense and defense would take a couple of years to implement. Time this team does not have.:thinking:

SintonFan
01-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
And he would have still got sacked 6 times today

Another QB might have been sacked 8 or 9 times.:(

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Seems like we need:

1) Kicker
2) Safety
3) O-line depth
4) More home games in the playoffs.

I was proud of the boys this year. I actually got to see them live at Arrowhead and had a great time. I think we are moving in the right direction and hope we can go all the way next year.

Romo was sacked not because of what he did but because our line just got whipped today. He didn't play his best game either but still I think he is a good enough player to be our starter at QB.

Play calling got derailed after we got behind. Looked to me like the Vikes were playing the run and wanted to make Romo pass which when he did he was under a lot of pressure. I would like to see more screens in situations like that but Jason did the best he could. I'm not mad about play calling -- just turnovers.

SintonFan
01-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Seems like we need:

1) Kicker
2) Safety
3) O-line depth
4) More home games in the playoffs.

I was proud of the boys this year. I actually got to see them live at Arrowhead and had a great time. I think we are moving in the right direction and hope we can go all the way next year.

Romo was sacked not because of what he did but because our line just got whipped today. He didn't play his best game either but still I think he is a good enough player to be our starter at QB.

Play calling got derailed after we got behind. Looked to me like the Vikes were playing the run and wanted to make Romo pass which when he did he was under a lot of pressure. I would like to see more screens in situations like that but Jason did the best he could. I'm not mad about play calling -- just turnovers.

I very much agree!:)
2010 can be much better if the team stays healthy and they find another player or two.:clap:

GrTigers6
01-18-2010, 07:01 AM
The biggest problem I had with coaching was the lack of adjustments. If something doesn't work you have to do something to stop there pursuit or at least make them think about it. We never once tried to go deep or even 20 yards until it was out of reach. and I don't remember but one screen pass, which was flagged for ineligible down field. but it worked. why not try it again. I want a new coach but I agree that it will harm the team more than help to be successful next year.

crzyjournalist03
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Here's a proposal for another playmaker:

Trade Roy Williams for Brandon Marshall.

Who says no to that trade? Marshall is obviously unhappy in Denver, and the team is going to need something "valuable" in return to save face if they trade him considering that many fans are still upset about the Cutler deal. Williams has four years left on his deal, and I'm sure that a lot of Broncos fans would like to think that they could get the production out of him that Dallas couldn't, and it's going to be hard to get a really "good" player considering that with only one year left on Marshall's deal before free agency, they don't exactly have ton of leverage.

Dallas gets a playmaking receiver who has complained about his contract situation. Jerry can show him the money, and you've most likely got yourself a model citizen on your hands and easily one of the top five receivers in the game to go along with Miles Austin, who's entering the discussion for the top 10.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Here's a proposal for another playmaker:

Trade Roy Williams for Brandon Marshall.

Who says no to that trade? Marshall is obviously unhappy in Denver, and the team is going to need something "valuable" in return to save face if they trade him considering that many fans are still upset about the Cutler deal. Williams has four years left on his deal, and I'm sure that a lot of Broncos fans would like to think that they could get the production out of him that Dallas couldn't, and it's going to be hard to get a really "good" player considering that with only one year left on Marshall's deal before free agency, they don't exactly have ton of leverage.

Dallas gets a playmaking receiver who has complained about his contract situation. Jerry can show him the money, and you've most likely got yourself a model citizen on your hands and easily one of the top five receivers in the game to go along with Miles Austin, who's entering the discussion for the top 10.

talent wise love it..but again ur getting a WR who is moody when he does not get the ball and likes to gripe thru the media. Not sure if Dallas is ready to deal with that again

crzyjournalist03
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
talent wise love it..but again ur getting a WR who is moody when he does not get the ball and likes to gripe thru the media. Not sure if Dallas is ready to deal with that again

Hmm...I haven't heard a lot of the ball-hog issues about him. I thought that it was contract related like Boldin.

If he's truly a ball hog, then this probably isn't the place for him. Miles Austin has earned a chance to catch 80 balls next year. I'd love for Dallas to get another WR with that kind of ability though. It's amazing how much better your O-line works when the defense can't blitz because you'll burn their secondary.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Hmm...I haven't heard a lot of the ball-hog issues about him. I thought that it was contract related like Boldin.

If he's truly a ball hog, then this probably isn't the place for him. Miles Austin has earned a chance to catch 80 balls next year. I'd love for Dallas to get another WR with that kind of ability though. It's amazing how much better your O-line works when the defense can't blitz because you'll burn their secondary.

plus u have the off field issues with him as well..but ur right..another WR is needed..I would prefer more of a speed burner to stretch the field

crzyjournalist03
01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
plus u have the off field issues with him as well..but ur right..another WR is needed..I would prefer more of a speed burner to stretch the field

The biggest problem is there areot a lot of options out there this year...with no CBA, Vincent Jackson becomes restricted, so there's no way we're getting him unless we give up a first, a third, and more money than San Diego is willing to pay him.

I suppose trading up for Dez Bryant in the draft could be an option, but I'd rather have someone who's established.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
The biggest problem is there areot a lot of options out there this year...with no CBA, Vincent Jackson becomes restricted, so there's no way we're getting him unless we give up a first, a third, and more money than San Diego is willing to pay him.

I suppose trading up for Dez Bryant in the draft could be an option, but I'd rather have someone who's established.

yea I think the draft might be the only way to go..I dont think a Bryant type is what Dallas needs..his 40 time is around 4.5-4.6

I would rather find if it is out there a Desean Jackson type..a true blazer who will force the safties to play the deep bal which opens up the middle

NateDawg39
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
We know that Dallas has a playmaker in Felix Jones. And Tashard Choice can do a lot when GIVEN the chance. The O line is good but I have to say that some more depth would be just what they need, Some way to move guys in and out and keep the D line goin against fresh bodies. Defense?? On paper it looks like the Cowboys are pretty stacked but they need a shutdown kinda guy. Someone who makes big stops and JAMS receivers on the line. Jerry should throw about 60 million towards Darrelle Revis :D And Jared Allen. Can you imagine having Jared Allen and D Ware on the line?

NateDawg39
01-18-2010, 11:07 AM

I suppose trading up for Dez Bryant in the draft could be an option, but I'd rather have someone who's established. GET GOLDEN TATE!

crzyjournalist03
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
yea I think the draft might be the only way to go..I dont think a Bryant type is what Dallas needs..his 40 time is around 4.5-4.6

I would rather find if it is out there a Desean Jackson type..a true blazer who will force the safties to play the deep bal which opens up the middle

Judging from Scouts Inc's current rankings, it would appear that Golden Tate from Notre Dame would be the closest thing to that kind of receiver, and even he was only rated a 2.

If you want to delve deeper into second-round picks, Jordan Shipley is an intriguing name that would be slated around where the Cowboys will pick, although he's not really a vertical threat.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
And Jared Allen. Can you imagine having Jared Allen and D Ware on the line?

Jared allen would get killed as a 3-4 DE...Your DE in a 3-4 are about stopping the run and freeing up the OLB to rush the pasher..they need to be Marcus Spears size not Jared Allen

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Judging from Scouts Inc's current rankings, it would appear that Golden Tate from Notre Dame would be the closest thing to that kind of receiver, and even he was only rated a 2.

If you want to delve deeper into second-round picks, Jordan Shipley is an intriguing name that would be slated around where the Cowboys will pick, although he's not really a vertical threat.

I dont think Dallas has to draft HIGH for a WR..again IMO they are not looking for a #1 WR, but a speed guy..also be great if he can return KO and punts..but I dont think they need someone who should be getting 80 passes a year thrown there way.

NateDawg39
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Jared allen would get killed as a 3-4 DE...Your DE in a 3-4 are about stopping the run and freeing up the OLB to rush the pasher..they need to be Marcus Spears size not Jared Allen Well I want him on the team anyway!! Just so he cant hurt Romo again next year :(

Phantom Stang
01-18-2010, 04:51 PM
hell does he keep jason?
That decision should belong entirely to Wade Phillips.

bobcat4life
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
I dont care what the Cowboys do at reciever, but they need another threat of some kind. I would prefer a burner, but as long as they get some sort of threat I would be fine.