PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys

coach
01-17-2010, 03:42 PM
I know many will disagree but what a good year. After coming off one of te most disappointing seasons in the history of the franchise the cowboys won the east, won a playoff game, and out together a nice run at the end of the year. They just met up with a better team today. Looking into next season it will be just as tough as they play minnesota, green bay, tennessee, indy and the usual giants and philly twice. Hopefully they can take the next stp forward. Hats off to the boys and i will be anxious to see what they will bring to the table. Romo has shown he can win a big game and in the months of december and january. He only threw 10 pics all year and has really worked on his leadership role. Expect big things next year. Now i will have to either jump on the vikings or colts bandwagon until the boys report back to camp.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I think a great year...Now they need to build off of it..Still a young team and most of the playmakers are coming into their prime

sinton66
01-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I very much like the improvement I saw this year. They need to make some good choices in the draft and could be a force to deal with the next couple years. They need a quality o lineman or two for backups and another good wr. They're NUTZ if they don't figure out how to draft Shipley.

TRUBLU
01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
They need to throw it down the field more

sinton66
01-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by TRUBLU

Hard to do when you have defenders in your face or blind-siding you the whole game. Got to have time to get it downfield.

TheDOCTORdre
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
the biggest problem Ihad with today is when they started to run the ball pretty soundly up the gut, thy decided to go with that stupid wide run with Barber

sinton66
01-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
the biggest problem Ihad with today is when they started to run the ball pretty soundly up the gut, thy decided to go with that stupid wide run with Barber

Yup, and that's on Garrett, not ROMO.

Eagle 1
01-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TRUBLU
X2

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-18-2010, 12:21 AM
I was proud of the Cowboys as well. This year turned out pretty good and I have high expectations for next year. We have to have a better kicker though.

3afan
01-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I was proud of the Cowboys as well. This year turned out pretty good and I have high expectations for next year. We have to have a better kicker though.

agree - good year

piratebg
01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I keep telling other the same thing. This was a very good season and I enjoyed it even more than the 13-3 season a couple of years ago.

BullsFan
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
In my head I understand all this. Emotionally I still need a little time to grieve over this last loss. What a heartbreaker. But give me a few days and, like Cowboys fans have done for the last 15 years, I'll be ready to look to next season.

GUNHO
01-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
In my head I understand all this. Emotionally I still need a little time to grieve over this last loss. What a heartbreaker. But give me a few days and, like Cowboys fans have done for the last 15 years, I'll be ready to look to next season.

We were never in the game ( after the 1st quarter )for it to be considered a heartbreaker for me...but I know what you mean.

BullsFan
01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
We were never in the game ( after the 1st quarter )for it to be considered a heartbreaker for me...but I know what you mean.

It was a heartbreaker for me because I was already making plans for the next two victories. And again, logically I know never to plan past the next game, but from the NO game on the Cowboys played like the Cowboys of old, and I'll admit my hopes were raised.

NateDawg39
01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
It was just upsetting because I had recently only watched the QB and D line during the game. I started watching the O line more and had really enjoyed how they handled other defenders until yesterday. I think if they were to play again, the outcome may not have changed, but the score would have been closer

carter08
01-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I can't wait to watch Demeco, Cushing, and Mario wreck Romo and that O=line up next year.

NateDawg39
01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I can't wait to watch Demeco, Cushing, and Mario wreck Romo and that O=line up next year. yeaaa we will see how ready they are for the O line... (something tells me they wont be ready for it) ;)

BullsFan
01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
LOL. No matter how bad things get for the Cowboys, I need to remind myself at least I don't root for the Texans. :D ;)

Pick6
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I can't wait to watch Demeco, Cushing, and Mario wreck Romo and that O=line up next year.

Just another texan fan infatuated with all things Cowboys. One day you guys will have something to root for, instead of against.

CelinaCatFan
01-18-2010, 06:06 PM
My HSO...Garrett needs to go! His playcalling becomes too predictable and he is slow to make in-game adjustments.

STANG RED
01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
For the first time in a long long time, I'm looking forward to next season. For a long time, the cowboys were doing more wrong things than right. Now they are finally doing more of the right things, and less of the wrong, and they look like their headed in the right direction, and are dedicated to it. Romo is on the right track, and should only get better. Same for the defense. The few deficiencies are easy to identify, and I'm sure they have been. At least the entire team does not need to be re-tooled. Sure up the O line, get another good quality receiver, and get a real good backup for Romo. I don’t see any glaring problems elsewhere. Although it wouldn’t hurt my feelings too bad for Garrett to move on.