PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Coach

87 TIGER
01-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Hear head coach is leaving , anything to this ?

bobcat4life
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Hear head coach is leaving , anything to this ? he is. goin to coach at a college

TRUBLU
01-17-2010, 04:19 PM
which college that be?

87 TIGER
01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I heard it was a high school in Houston

TRENCHES06
01-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Rhymes with Hobie.

buff4life
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
he is. goin to coach at a college

nice job on your info...WRONG

bobcat4life
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
nice job on your info...WRONG dang...I knew he left but couldnt remember where. and I didnt want to go back and look through the other thread from a few days ago.

cr180t
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I did not know he left

lvbears32
01-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Rhymes with Hobie.

houston dobie?

hookandladder
01-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by lvbears32
houston dobie?

Heard he did take the Dobie job, can anyone confirm this. Also heard their facilities at Dobie are compareable to most college's.

WAOBUFFS!
01-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Giddings head football coach mulling offer from 5A school
Derek Fitzhenry considers taking job at Pasadena Dobie

Giddings athletic director and head football coach Derek Fitzhenry is thinking about whether to leave the town he loves for a similar position at Pasadena Dobie, a 5A school in Houston.
Officials from Pasadena Do-bie asked for permission to talk to Fitzhenry last Friday, and offered him a lucrative job to become their new athletic coordinator and head football coach.
"I love Giddings and would like to stay here. But with all the turmoil of the School Board, you have to look at all your options," said Fitzhenry, who has until this Friday to make a decision.
Citizens packed the school board meeting two months ago to show their support of Fitzhenry, the winningest foot¬ball coach in Giddings High

School football history. There were rumors that the board was going to take action regarding Fitzhenry's job, but Superin¬tendent Mike Kuhrt later said those were just rumors.
Local residents expressed their concerns, with Evan Gonzales saying the School Board needs to concentrate on other things and to leave the coaches alone and let them do their jobs.
The scrutiny of the coaching department by school officials has taken a toll on Fitzhenry, who is in the first year of a three-year contract but has been forced to consider other options.
"I'm going to have to think about it this week and see what happens. We have some really close friends in Giddings and I love the kids here, but I have to do what's healthy for my fam-

ily and the athletic program," Fitzhenry noted.
In his seven years here, Fitz-henry has developed Giddings ISD into one of the top athletic programs in the state. Giddings ISD ranked 8th out of over 200 schools in the Lone Star Cup standings for Class 3A.
"We've done some really special things. With all the hard work that's gone into it, it's go¬ing to be difficult to walk away from that," Fitzhenry stated. "But things have to change and I just want to be treated with respect."
The School Board will meet in regular session this Thursday night, although it is unknown whether or not administrators will discuss Fitzhenry's job.
And on Friday morning, Fitzhenry will make the tough decision of whether to stay or go.

Front page. Giddings Times and News--Jan. 21

hookandladder
01-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by WAOBUFFS!
Giddings head football coach mulling offer from 5A school
Derek Fitzhenry considers taking job at Pasadena Dobie

Giddings athletic director and head football coach Derek Fitzhenry is thinking about whether to leave the town he loves for a similar position at Pasadena Dobie, a 5A school in Houston.
Officials from Pasadena Do-bie asked for permission to talk to Fitzhenry last Friday, and offered him a lucrative job to become their new athletic coordinator and head football coach.
"I love Giddings and would like to stay here. But with all the turmoil of the School Board, you have to look at all your options," said Fitzhenry, who has until this Friday to make a decision.
Citizens packed the school board meeting two months ago to show their support of Fitzhenry, the winningest foot¬ball coach in Giddings High

School football history. There were rumors that the board was going to take action regarding Fitzhenry's job, but Superin¬tendent Mike Kuhrt later said those were just rumors.
Local residents expressed their concerns, with Evan Gonzales saying the School Board needs to concentrate on other things and to leave the coaches alone and let them do their jobs.
The scrutiny of the coaching department by school officials has taken a toll on Fitzhenry, who is in the first year of a three-year contract but has been forced to consider other options.
"I'm going to have to think about it this week and see what happens. We have some really close friends in Giddings and I love the kids here, but I have to do what's healthy for my fam-

ily and the athletic program," Fitzhenry noted.
In his seven years here, Fitz-henry has developed Giddings ISD into one of the top athletic programs in the state. Giddings ISD ranked 8th out of over 200 schools in the Lone Star Cup standings for Class 3A.
"We've done some really special things. With all the hard work that's gone into it, it's go¬ing to be difficult to walk away from that," Fitzhenry stated. "But things have to change and I just want to be treated with respect."
The School Board will meet in regular session this Thursday night, although it is unknown whether or not administrators will discuss Fitzhenry's job.
And on Friday morning, Fitzhenry will make the tough decision of whether to stay or go.

Front page. Giddings Times and News--Jan. 21

Wow, sounds like the school board has it's own agenda. If Fitzhenry does leave, the new coach will have to deal with the same board problems. Got to love them school board members that know more than the coach. Good Luck.

teetle
01-21-2010, 09:13 AM
There be some school board members that be knowing alot. Just askes them. They let you know. Theys thinks theys can do a better job. Theys be full of it likes the Christmas Turkey. Fitzheney a very good coach. He like Jimmy he know what he be doing. If I wases him, I woulds leave them holding the bag.:eek: :weeping: :eek:

YTBulldogs
01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
What is the school boards (some of the board members) issues with him?

YTBulldogs
01-21-2010, 10:33 AM
This working?

What is the school boards (some of the board members) issues with him?

457drag
01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Typical small town politics...it seems like the board or the supt is often the problem.

It is rare to have a good board and a good supt at the same time. When it does happen it doesn't usually last long.

That is just the way it is when you coach in a small town.

There are exceptions...but this is the norm.

YTBulldogs
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Good grief, they are going to ruin a good thing there then. Butt out, let him run his system if it's clean.

rancher
01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Consider him gone, he has ties to the Houston area and it will be a big raise in salary for him. With the type of athletics Dobie has, he will be successful. If I remember correctly, Stan Labay who was at Bellville before Huey, took the head job at Dobie and was very successful. He is now doing very well at Klein H.S. Giddings better put out the vacancy notice.

hookandladder
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 457drag
Typical small town politics...it seems like the board or the supt is often the problem.

It is rare to have a good board and a good supt at the same time. When it does happen it doesn't usually last long.

That is just the way it is when you coach in a small town.

There are exceptions...but this is the norm.

Here in LG we went thru the same thing, luckly now we a have a great Super. and the school board has definitely improved. Overall we are in great shape, hoping this trend continue's for another 3 years. After that time I will have no kids in high school, then it is up to the next generation.

BaseballUmp
01-21-2010, 01:42 PM
yea he is definately gone from the word i got the other night

Coach BS
01-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Where are all the Giddings folk? Whats the word is he gone or what?

Tx Challenge
01-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
yea he is definately gone from the word i got the other night

Wow, Maybe several of us think this might be a good move for Gidds...Fitz may b a great coach.. .Maybe not. Who knows? I think he will fail above the 3a level. Sometimes the type of tactics he uses just dont work..

Buffgal
01-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Where are all the Giddings folk? Whats the word is he gone or what?

Most I have talked to have spent their free time in prayer, albeit not ones with a common purpose.

Decision will supposedly be made today, I'm sure someone will post it.

JMHO......After reading the newspaper article from local paper, I was expecting Miss Aretha to start belting her trademark song like those newfangled greeting cards that scare you to death when you open them in Walmart. I am from the old old school, call me ancient BUT ...Respect is a two way street.

GiddingsFan
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Gimme a break...

Buffgal
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Gimme a break...

Wow, surprised me

We do think alike.

Mojado
01-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I gotta a feeling this thread will be close soon because of COACHES like Buffgal.......:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This thread is fixing to get ugly....:doh:

GiddingsFan
01-22-2010, 10:45 AM
What will she do with her time when she is no longer such a martyr to the athletic program, I wonder?

Ranger Mom
01-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up...and I agree!!

One thread has already been closed and moved on this subject.