PDA

View Full Version : Strat-O-Matic football and baseball board games ?

Buckeye1980
01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
I jus had a thought to growing up when me and my cousin played Strat-O-Matic football and baseball board games and was wondering if anyone else around did? I looked up their website and they now have computer games. The board games were very realistic ...any one els ever play?

Green Bling
01-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Going way old school, Mr. Bling has an electric vigrating football game. He still has all the pieces including the football.

Third
01-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Going way old school, Mr. Bling has an electric vigrating football game. He still has all the pieces including the football.

I still have one too but my kids got a hold of all the players and lost them. miggletoys.com I think is a website where you can get team sets, NFL, come college or even blanks to paint yourself.

lostaussie
01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I jus had a thought to growing up when me and my cousin played Strat-O-Matic football and baseball board games and was wondering if anyone else around did? I looked up their website and they now have computer games. The board games were very realistic ...any one els ever play? hahaha..........probably nobody but me and you even know what the heck you are talking about!!!!

bobcat4life
01-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
hahaha..........probably nobody but me and you even know what the heck you are talking about!!!! I know I dont. That was a little before my time

CelinaCatFan
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I loved those Strat-O-Matic football games!

Who remembers the Coleco (sp?) handheld football and baseball games?

Buckeye1980
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
hahaha..........probably nobody but me and you even know what the heck you are talking about!!!!

I made the post on Smoaky about strat a matic and got more responses, even a couple emails about leagues where people play on computer now in leagues world wide .... I looked at their website, brought back lot of memories

3afan
01-19-2010, 10:19 AM
i played the baseball game when i was a kid

lostaussie
01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i played the baseball game when i was a kid we played whole freaking seasons!!! we even kept stats:doh:

Ranger Mom
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I loved those Strat-O-Matic football games!

Who remembers the Coleco (sp?) handheld football and baseball games?

I remember the Coleco electric football games....I think they ran on vibration??

Here is a video...... Old School football game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sD1hmqBFs)

I had some hand held football game...all it had was lines on it denoting the players. This game is what actually taught me the game of football.....to this day, my dad still hums the tune from the game when he sees a touchdown!!:D

After some research, I think it was a Coleco handheld game I had too!

http://gaygamer.net/images/1980-coleco-catalog-04.jpg

Buckeye1980
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coleco_Electronic_Quarterback.jpg

Buckeye1980
01-19-2010, 01:04 PM
we played whole freaking seasons!!! we even kept stats:doh:

and even made our own way to play solo