PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Food

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Everybody on the 3ADL likes to eat, so let's discuss what we're going to have during this NFL playoff weekend. For me, I'm going to rely on some old "standbys"---

Velveta, ground meat, and Rotel dip
Guacamole

German sausage and smoked cheese from Fischer's Market in Muenster

Smoked pork ribs
Homemade potato salad
Beans
Salad
French bread

A couple of brands of iced beer....

jason
01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Velveta, ground meat, and Rotel dip
Guacamole
its better with breakfast sausage...

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jason

Glad you mentioned that, jason--I'll try that. BTW, what are you going to do when you can no longer drink beer and watch all the gamest? :D

STANG RED
01-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Dont forget the Frito's Scoops and hot bean dip. :D

Also, if weather permits, you gotta have some bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, grilled outside over mesquite. Yuuuummmm ;)

Ranger Mom
01-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by jason

Have you tried breakfast sausage, cream cheese and rotel??

YUMMMMMMMY!!!!

Green Bling
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I just gained 3 pounds reading this thread. What? No celery and carrot sticks?

GreenMonster
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I just gained 3 pounds reading this thread. What? No celery and carrot sticks? You are either a chick or a she/male to make a comment like that. Playoffs are like Thanksgiving and Christmas to real men. You know, where it doesn't really matter what you eat it's all about over-indulging and repenting later when you come back to your senses, especially when the Cowboys are still in the hunt!

BullsFan
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll be bringing some kind of veggie tray or something at least partially healthy...and yes, I am a chick. But I'm also thinking about crockpot recipes...something that can cook during church so we can eat quickly and move out to the media room. I'm thinking about doing either pork (for pulled pork sandwiches) or brisket in a crock pot. Anyone had any luck with that? Any tips?

STANG RED
01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I'll be bringing some kind of veggie tray or something at least partially healthy...and yes, I am a chick. But I'm also thinking about crockpot recipes...something that can cook during church so we can eat quickly and move out to the media room. I'm thinking about doing either pork (for pulled pork sandwiches) or brisket in a crock pot. Anyone had any luck with that? Any tips?

Try this site out. Looks like some good crockpot recipes.
http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Probably will order takeout from Dickey's BBQ...two meat plate with brisket and turkey.

bowleghorses
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
GUMBO...CAN YOU DIG IT?:D :D :D

BullsFan
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Try this site out. Looks like some good crockpot recipes.
http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

Thanks! I LOVE that site!!

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
GUMBO...CAN YOU DIG IT?:D :D :D

Anytime, anywhere....What's your address? :D

STANG RED
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks! I LOVE that site!!

No problem. So what time should I be there? I'll bring the potatoe salad, in my monster truck. :D

bowleghorses
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
It's a long drive, but I can guarantee it will be the best you ever ate.Know what I mean Sha!!!:stirpot:

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
We actually have never had "football" food..just depends on what we feel like having.

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
It's a long drive, but I can guarantee it will be the best you ever ate.Know what I mean Sha!!!:stirpot:

I well know what you mean---lived in Lafayette several years...
bon temps roulez, mes ami...:D

Blackcat1954
01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Summer saussage with cheese and Vinciks in EAst Bernard has Beef Sticks that are good as well

Our big party is Super Bowl-Wife wants to host one every year and we have about 20 people over-Need more chairs-two of our folding ones died last year

We were watching on HD 42 inch TV and relalized in 3rd quarter we had not turned on HD on direct tv menu and were watching it regular mode

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
you cant go wrong with these things:

Nachos
Jalapeno poppers
cheese sticks

just remember anything is always better if you fry it

oh and wings, tons and tons of wings

bowleghorses
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I well know what you mean---lived in Lafayette several years...
bon temps roulez, mes ami...:D

Go a little further south to Maurice (just drive 40 mph) to Soop's restaraunt and eat that seafood gumbo...man it's good. If you don't drive 40 mph, you might meet up with me.

BullsFan
01-15-2010, 04:03 PM
No problem. So what time should I be there? I'll bring the potatoe salad, in my monster truck. :D

Game time is at noon, church gets out about 11:30. Any time there in the middle should work. We'll be at my parents'. And if you can't find us in the house, we're all ready settled into the media room out back. Hope that's not a problem. :D

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Game time is at noon, church gets out about 11:30. Any time there in the middle should work. We'll be at my parents'. And if you can't find us in the house, we're all ready settled into the media room out back. Hope that's not a problem. :D

Bit of advice, Stang---get there before me or slpybear---we both definitely know how to appreciate good food. :D

DU_stud04
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
i think im either going to order wings or cook a brisket. heck, id be happy with a pbj....its the superbowl!!!

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Tell the truth---how many of you yell at the TV when the Cowboys make a bad play, or the other team makes a good one? :D

I admit to yelling at Roy Willams a few weeks ago after dropping some passes----"They ought to call him "Maxwell House" because he's "Good to the last drop."" Sure hope I don't have to do that Sunday...:D

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Tell the truth---how many of you yell at the TV when the Cowboys make a bad play, or the other team makes a good one? :D

haha, I do and my mom is an avid Cowboy hater, so whenever I am visiting home and the Cowboys are playing their is a ton of yelling lol

pirate4state
01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Usually it's finger foods and chips and dip.

lostaussie
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
I went to Wingstop and got me a load last week.............not impressed. Gonna cook my own this weekend. A little more trouble but well worth it. And...............how i would kill for a pound of smoked jalapeno cheese form Fischers:D Can you send me a care package!!

DU_stud04
01-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I went to Wingstop and got me a load last week.............not impressed. Gonna cook my own this weekend. A little more trouble but well worth it. And...............how i would kill for a pound of smoked jalapeno cheese form Fischers:D Can you send me a care package!! never been a fan of wingstop wings. my favorite wings are from winghouse...too bad they closed all of them in the metroplex besides the one in dallas. their wings...you would think the chickens were on steroids! great flavor as well, i would mix their dallas sauce with the hot...amazing. second best wing ive had are from pizzahut's wing street. beats out any other wing on the market...easily.

CelinaCatFan
01-15-2010, 05:02 PM
This weekend's menu includes:

Rotel Cheese dip
Boneless Buffalo Wings
Mini Tacos
Pizza Rolls
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers

STANG RED
01-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Bit of advice, Stang---get there before me or slpybear---we both definitely know how to appreciate good food. :D

I'll just mash yall with my tater salad loaded monster truck if you get im my way. You remind me of why BS starts with Bull. :eek: :D

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I'll just mash yall with my loaded monster :D

:eek: