PDA

View Full Version : Digging Deeper into the Marvin Harrison Case

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201002/marvin-harrison

Funny how the likes of TO and Ocho was always compared to the "quiet" workman like Marvin harrison....I always felt that perception was a fraud

He was once asked about his attitude or lack of it and he said he was fine...as long as Peyton remembered HE was the WR that should get most of the throws....The announcers of course shaped it into the man he wants the ball you have to love that about him when in the same comments were trashing TO and Ocho for saying basically the SAME thing

Old Tiger
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Funny how the likes of TO and Ocho was always compared to the "quiet" workman like Marvin harrison....I always felt that perception was a fraud

He was once asked about his attitude or lack of it and he said he was fine...as long as Peyton remembered HE was the WR that should get most of the throws....The announcers of course shaped it into the man he wants the ball you have to love that about him when in the same comments were trashing TO and Ocho for saying basically the SAME thing I believe it was the great Jerry Rice who said show me a receiver who didn't want the ball and I'll show you a bad receiver.

Third
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM

He was once asked about his attitude or lack of it and he said he was fine...as long as Peyton remembered HE was the WR that should get most of the throws....The announcers of course shaped it into the man he wants the ball you have to love that about him when in the same comments were trashing TO and Ocho for saying basically the SAME thing

Look I'm not picking sides here but this is far from the whole story on the event. This is a recounting of some of the events from a low-level street hoodlum. It states that he never heard any of the conversions between Harrison and the large man. It appears that the large man, "Pop" was harassing Harrison and his places of business and eventually a confrontation occurred. Who initiated it or what exactly happened there isn't known. It's apparent Harrison did shoot the man but it's also very likely Harrison shot in self defense. The problem is that we're not likely to ever get the whole story because there seems to be a lack of interest in pursuing it from the DA. (I mean come on, they had a witness in protective custody but stopped paying the hotel bill). The police seem to have also let a few things go, like not being able to secure a statement from the men in the car with the child. The whole culture from that area of the city also has a lot to do with what's hampering the investigation.

I just think it's unfair to say that Harrison's demeanor was fraudulent based on this story. It's a situation that could have been handled better of course, but it appears he was forced into a confrontation simply because he didn't want to let an armed man into his place of business and that man's friend, a convicted criminal, took issue with it.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I've lived a quiet life but if anyone ever threatened my life or the lives of my loved ones I would definitely make it a messy situation. Depending on what version of the story is actual truth, however, if Harrison lied about anything that happened, that is where he went wrong. Self defense is self defense.

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Whoa, I forgot all about Marvin Harrrison

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Third
Look I'm not picking sides here but this is far from the whole story on the event. This is a recounting of some of the events from a low-level street hoodlum. It states that he never heard any of the conversions between Harrison and the large man. It appears that the large man, "Pop" was harassing Harrison and his places of business and eventually a confrontation occurred. Who initiated it or what exactly happened there isn't known. It's apparent Harrison did shoot the man but it's also very likely Harrison shot in self defense. The problem is that we're not likely to ever get the whole story because there seems to be a lack of interest in pursuing it from the DA. (I mean come on, they had a witness in protective custody but stopped paying the hotel bill). The police seem to have also let a few things go, like not being able to secure a statement from the men in the car with the child. The whole culture from that area of the city also has a lot to do with what's hampering the investigation.

I just think it's unfair to say that Harrison's demeanor was fraudulent based on this story. It's a situation that could have been handled better of course, but it appears he was forced into a confrontation simply because he didn't want to let an armed man into his place of business and that man's friend, a convicted criminal, took issue with it.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I've lived a quiet life but if anyone ever threatened my life or the lives of my loved ones I would definitely make it a messy situation. Depending on what version of the story is actual truth, however, if Harrison lied about anything that happened, that is where he went wrong. Self defense is self defense.

If it was self defense why did Harrison simply just say that instead ditching his gun and saying he did not shoot?

Third
01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
If it was self defense why did Harrison simply just say that instead ditching his gun and saying he did not shoot?

Last paragraph.

bigwood33
01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
That is some scary stuff...and MH is one of the scary ones.