PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy vs Vikings SCORE Predictions

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Score and why

I have

Dallas 27
Vikes 20

I think both teams will move the ball well at times, but TDs will be hard to come by.

I think Romo will be hit Austin early on a big play and then Dallas will basically match the Vikes score for Score the rest of the way

I see Roy Williams continuing his mo from last week.

Farve will make his usually plays, but I also think Dallas causes him into a couple of key turnovers

jason
01-15-2010, 09:37 AM
cowboys 34
vikings 24

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Cowboys 27
Vikings 17

Right now, I just don't see how the Dallas defense gives up 20 points. And the Vikings were hammered pretty good up until the last game of the season against a Giants team that couldn't wait for the plane ride home.

themsu97
01-15-2010, 10:03 AM
somebody has got to pick the Vikes...

Peterson will be to tough to stop... Dallas has to put 8 in the box...
Romo pulls a Schaub and throws a pick 6 late...

Minnesota 31
Dallas 21

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
somebody has got to pick the Vikes...

Peterson will be to tough to stop... Dallas has to put 8 in the box...
Romo pulls a Schaub and throws a pick 6 late...

Minnesota 31
Dallas 21

You want to leave via I35N or I20 East or West? :D

Cowboys 28
Vikings 21

waterboy
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Cowboys 23
Vikings 16

themsu97
01-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You want to leave via I35N or I20 East or West? :D

Cowboys 28
Vikings 21

neither... I10 will get me out much quicker... but I love Texas... just do not see the Cowboys winning this game...
in fact I think all the favorites will win...
I just believe that Peterson will be too much for the Boys...
and again... Flozell Adams v Jared Allen... imo, not a good matchup for the Cowboys because you know the refs already call penalties on him so... 2nd and long, 3rd and long... not good for any team

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
.. but I love Texas... just do not see the Cowboys winning this game...

That says it all, thems....you can stay, and we'll even overlook your lack of football savvy :D (but I'll call you an expert and eat my portion of the crow if you are right.)...

GrTigers6
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Cowboys 24
Vikings 17

Cowboys defense will control Peterson and Farve. When the vikings score it will be early then the defense will adjust and shut them down. I think they may get a late td trying to come back from 24-10 late in the fourth quarter do to the "prevent" defense.

pirate4state
01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Vikings 31
Dallas 28

Because I've been expecting them to lose since Dec 19th and they haven't. Sticking with my doom & gloom attitude in hopes that they continue to prove me wrong. :D

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Vikings 31
Dallas 28

Because I've been expecting them to lose since Dec 19th and they haven't. Sticking with my doom & gloom attitude in hopes that they continue to prove me wrong. :D

You're just saying that because TO is not there anymore...:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Cowboys 31

Vikings 12

Favre gets knocked out on the opening drive on a massive blindside hit.

BwdLion73
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
45--17 Cowboys...:thinking:

statewide
01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
2 interceptions by Favre to equal his home season total.
Dallas 24
Vikings 17

gobbler grad
01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Cowboys 24-20...that would be a great score...

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
ESPN's Madden simulation:

http://espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl2010?id=4823318

STANG RED
01-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Dallas D will make the Vikes O one deminsional. I cant say which poison they'll pick, but it really doesnt matter. Also, I cant see Favre avoiding the relentless pass rush, and he will end up getting beat up badly. So I'm guess the Dallas D will try to take away the run first, then will attack Farve when they have to go more to the pass game.
Dallas 31 (the D and/or special teams will score at least once)
Minn 17

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
It will be a defensive game from the start and will probably be tied or really close at the half, but low scoring, The 2nd half will start with good offense adjustments by both teams that will result in a couple of TD drives, but the 4th will go into a defensive stalemate again. Dallas will be up by 3 midway through the 4th when Peterson will have a costly turnover that will lead to a Dallas FG to put Dallas up by 6. Farve will get the ball back with a little over 2 minutes left and will get a drive going only to see it go down in flames when he throws a pick 6 and crush any chance at a comeback.

Final Score
Dallas-30
Minnesota-17

DU_stud04
01-15-2010, 03:42 PM
28-27 vikings

DU_stud04
01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
The 2nd half will start with good offense adjustments by both teams one of the most ridiculous statements ive heard...childress doesnt change anything for the better. he just gives control away...which i guess is an adjustment all in its own :) bald monkey and Zygi need to leave minnesota.

themsu97
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
ESPN's Madden simulation:

http://espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl2010?id=4823318

the only problem here is it has Suisman hitting the field goal to win it...
do not see that happening... Suisman is a choker... a step up from Folk... but a choker none the less...

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
the only problem here is it has Suisman hitting the field goal to win it...
do not see that happening... Suisman is a choker... a step up from Folk... but a choker none the less...

LOL people act like Suisham was having a terrible year when he was released from the Skins..he was kicking better than Folk

pirate4state
01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
You're just saying that because TO is not there anymore...:D haha am not!

CelinaCatFan
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I hope I'm wrong about this...Vikings 24, Cowboys 21.

They brought up a good point on The Ticket 1310 this morning.

The key matchup in this game may prove to be Bobby Carpenter's ability to cover the Minnesota backs on passing/check down plays. His open field tackling scares me (especially against Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor).

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

The key matchup in this game may prove to be Bobby Carpenter's ability to cover the Minnesota backs on passing/check down plays. His open field tackling scares me (especially against Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor).

something that I heard brought up today that has me concerned is many people myself included have thought that Brett was taking way too much control of the Vikings this season and taking Peterson out of the game, but what if that was the Vikings game plan all along once the had a ployoff berth locked up because they want Peterson to have fresh legs for the playoffs:eek: that would be a nightmare

Ranger Mom
01-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Vikings 31
Dallas 28

I guess I better keep wearing my lucky shirt too....huh??

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
How many of you remember this play when the Cowboys and Vikes played in 75'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMN1HfQaE5o

Sure hope the 'Pokes don't have to rely on this again Sunday...

forum_guy
01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Vikes 27
Boys 24

waterboy
01-15-2010, 05:37 PM
How many of you remember this play when the Cowboys and Vikes played in 75'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMN1HfQaE5o

Sure hope the 'Pokes don't have to rely on this again Sunday...
I actually remember that game....:eek: I also vividly remember this run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbzN6vDmHVs&feature=related

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I actually remember that game....:eek: I also vividly remember this run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbzN6vDmHVs&feature=related

Dallas lost that game though

carter08
01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Vikings 35 Crygirls 14

99IHSMustang
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
This is usally the case:

If I watch the game.

Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

If I don't watch the game.

Cowboys 28
Vikings 14

This seems to be the case every time the cowboys are supposedly playing good ball. I decide to watch their game and they loose. :confused:

waterboy
01-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Dallas lost that game though
I don't remember the details, just the play... If they lost.....BAD example!:doh: What was the situation and the final score? I really don't remember...

waterboy
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
This is usally the case:

If I watch the game.

Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Cowboys 28
Vikings 14

This seems to be the case every time the cowboys are supposedly playing good ball. I decide to watch their game and they loose. :confused:
It's really VERY simple..........DON'T WATCH! Listen to it on the radio if you have to, but.............I'm just saying.......;)

DU_stud04
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
This is usally the case:

If I watch the game.

Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Cowboys 28
Vikings 14

This seems to be the case every time the cowboys are supposedly playing good ball. I decide to watch their game and they loose. :confused: wanna come over and watch with me buddy? shiner keg, brisket, 50" plasma....should be a blast! hahaha

waterboy
01-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
wanna come over and watch with me buddy? shiner keg, brisket, 50" plasma....should be a blast! hahaha
It don't matter......the Cowboys are gonna win......;) :taunt:

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2010, 06:09 PM

:confused: Bobby Carpenter hasn't covered the running back on many occasions. When he's in on 3rd down, he's almost exclusively covering the tight end. Generally, Anthony Spencer is on the RB unless he's blitzing.

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't remember the details, just the play... If they lost.....BAD example!:doh: What was the situation and the final score? I really don't remember...

it was year of the strike and last game of season

DU_stud04
01-15-2010, 07:09 PM
It don't matter......the Cowboys are gonna win......;) :taunt: you know first hand, my teams win :D Skol Vikings!

SintonFan
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry no prediction.

But hopefully the Cowboys win!!!:clap:

SintonFan
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
This is usally the case:

If I watch the game.

Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Cowboys 28
Vikings 14

Hey Izz,
I'll be watching the Cowboys play around 6 PM Sunday on my 120" projector in full 1080p glory. You are welcome to come on over.
That might be a compromise to your dilemma...
the hard part is not finding out who won the game before I start it.:D

The coolest thing about starting the game later is you get to fast forward between commercials and even in between plays. It makes a 3+ hour game about 1.5 hours.:cool:

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

99IHSMustang
01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
wanna come over and watch with me buddy? shiner keg, brisket, 50" plasma....should be a blast! hahaha

lol... Sorry can't afford a ticket to California to watch a game on TV... :D

bobcat4life
01-15-2010, 07:48 PM
24-16 Cowboys keep rollin'

99IHSMustang
01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hey Izz,
I'll be watching the Cowboys play around 6 PM Sunday on my 120" projector in full 1080p glory. You are welcome to come on over.

The coolest thing about starting the game later is you get to fast forward between commercials and even in between plays. It makes a 3+ hour game about 1.5 hours.:cool:

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

120" projector.. Nice!! I could go over to your house, but what is more exciting than seeing if my Cowboys curse holds up or not :eek:

forum_guy
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
The Vikings offensive line does not suck as bad as the Eagles or have second stringers playing because peope are hurt. They don't have a second string center that was thrown in there to "try" and block ratliff. Don't get me wrong Dallas will get theirs on defense still but they will not destroy the same way they did the Eagles 2 weeks in a row. It will be a close game. Vikes are at home. Playing at home gives you 3 points so i got vikes 27-24.

SintonFan
01-16-2010, 12:06 AM
120" projector.. Nice!! I could go over to your house, but what is more exciting than seeing if my Cowboys curse holds up or not :eek:

You are still welcome...
Hopefully we can dispel past superstitions.:cool:
Game starts at my house at 6PM Sunday!:clap:

eagleqb_14
01-16-2010, 12:15 AM
it will be A close game

Ranger Mom
01-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hey Izz,

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah....we have to build up pause time or record it. I like to be caught up by the middle of the 4th quarter though...so I can watch it live.

It kinda stunk during the superbowl last year though...we missed all the commercials!!

Diocletian
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Vikings are too tough in that Dome.

J. Allen gets at least one fumble on Romo,

Romo throws 2-3 picks to that great Vik secondary,

AP runes wild on the edge.

Farve secures the win in the 4th with at least 2 20+ yard TD passes...

Min - 35
Dal - 14

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Vikings are too tough in that Dome.

J. Allen gets at least one fumble on Romo,

Romo throws 2-3 picks to that great Vik secondary,

AP runes wild on the edge.

Farve secures the win in the 4th with at least 2 20+ yard TD passes...

Min - 35
Dal - 14

That great secondary that is 19th in the league agianst the pass?

sinton66
01-16-2010, 10:28 AM

Bobby Carpenter can be easily replaced by Brookings if he doesn't keep up.

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Bobby Carpenter can be easily replaced by Brookings if he doesn't keep up.

Brookings is not as fast as Carpenter and not as good in pass defense

I know people like to rag on Carpenter..but Dallas has played some of the best TEs in the league and he is usually matched up agianst them....Need to go look at the stats..he has played REAL well agianst them. He has a role on this team and is doing it.

sinton66
01-17-2010, 09:08 AM
I think Carpenter will do okay, but my point was Dallas does have an option if he doesn't. Brookings brings a world of experience to the middle.

Eagle 1
01-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Cowboys 24
Vikings 14

12thMan
01-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Dallas D will make the Vikes O one deminsional. I cant say which poison they'll pick, but it really doesnt matter. Also, I cant see Favre avoiding the relentless pass rush, and he will end up getting beat up badly. So I'm guess the Dallas D will try to take away the run first, then will attack Farve when they have to go more to the pass game.
Dallas 31 (the D and/or special teams will score at least once)
Minn 17

Wow. Looks lome it was the other way around. No mo Romo!!

99IHSMustang
01-17-2010, 04:26 PM
This is usally the case:

If I watch the game.

Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Cowboys 28
Vikings 14

Well I watched the game and Dallas looked like their old selves. The curse continues. :eek:

TheDOCTORdre
01-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Well I watched the game and Dallas looked like their old selves. The curse continues. :eek:

I blame you then

99IHSMustang
01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I blame you then

You know what is even weirder is that my girlfriend has been a long timte Favre/Packers fan. She is still a Faver fan and was rooting for the Vikings. She refuses to watch his games because 95% of the time she does, he loses. She watched about 6 mins in the first qtr and some of the second and the Vikings were not really moving the ball. She said ok I am done. As soon as she leaves the room Vikings start moving the ball and score. She said "see I told you so"..

:eek: