PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 in 2003

Big Tarp 74
12-15-2002, 12:58 AM
I am not sure about Division I

Division II

Port Isabel & Rice will be very strong. I beleive that Region IV will be one the best Regions in all of Texas this comming year.

Both PI and Rice have alot of talent comming back.
from what I am seeing PI will be big, faster, and some player that did not play will be comming back this year. I feel there will be some players transfer over from near by schools.

Rice is much like Port Isabel, with lots of talent returning.

What is everyone else Pick.

District303aPastPlayer
12-15-2002, 04:29 AM
I am from Sinton, so dont rip me a new one after this post:

Sinton will not be as dominating as they were the past two years... They will be reloading for about 2 years.... Ingleside looks to be turning things around. The Valley is always good..

sinton66
12-15-2002, 09:09 AM
Who are you thinking is gonna rip you? We all know what's up with Sinton. No need for anyone to rip anyone else. We'll just have to wait to see what happens next year.

District303aPastPlayer
12-15-2002, 05:14 PM
66, you never know with these teenagers(myself included) these days... hehe... But seriously, i have seen some of the posts when a negative comment is made about a team, and was in fear of that happening.

BHSfan03
12-15-2002, 05:28 PM
Expect to see Burnet somewhere in the playoffs...

sinton66
12-15-2002, 05:51 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
66, you never know with these teenagers(myself included) these days... hehe... But seriously, i have seen some of the posts when a negative comment is made about a team, and was in fear of that happening.Aaron, you're among friends here on the 'low. No One from Sinton will criticize you for that. We all know its reloading time. wink (Well, after BASEBALL season anyway!)

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Bull Butter
12-15-2002, 05:58 PM
Big Tarp 74:
I am not sure about Division I

Division II

Both PI and Rice have alot of talent comming back.
from what I am seeing PI will be big, faster, and some player that did not play will be comming back this year. I feel there will be some players transfer over from near by schools.

Rice is much like Port Isabel, with lots of talent returning.

What is everyone else Pick.Here we go again..................

Back in August, you were on here boasting of all these transfers that PI was getting. No such transfers ever enrolled. PI will have a fine team next year with plenty of starters returning. Let's put a stop to all the transfer rumors NOW!

And as for the players who didn't play this year----WHO WANTS THEM ANYWAY!!! We went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs without them and we certainly don't need their quitter, loser attitudes stinking up this football program. :mad:

big daddy russ
12-15-2002, 06:50 PM
1. Burnet
2. Rice Consolidated
3. Port Isabel

Burnet has an extra half-season of experience after this year's playoff run. With the talent they return coupled with their coaching and their experience, they should be Region IV's big Dogs again in 2003... Rice has one big advantage over Port Isabel- they have some size in the trenches. I don't know what PI is pulling up from the JV in the way of offensive and defensive lines, but their two big boys this year- if I remember correctly- are graduating. Port Isabel, though, will be one of the only teams in the Region who can match up with Rice's speed... I'm curious to see what happens in Sinton. It's obvious that they have an outstanding program, and I'm eager to see how they do in a year where they must replace much of the previous year's team. You can never count that team out. Sinton pulls up a JV squad that I believe won District, and even may have gone undefeated... Also, I think that District 25 should have another good little run with some quality teams... Two sleepers next year could be Somerset and Taft... Gonzales, Cuero, Yoakum and West Oso will also be tough once again...

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Big Tarp 74
12-16-2002, 01:20 AM
PI will have some young kids comming up. They will need to replace some of the seniors on defense, and a few hole on offense. I just hope they remmember to check to see how many player are on the field from now on. That will be something to realy fix. As for Bullwhatever, keep in mine, if we keep that kind of attitude, we will not get anywhere. Port Isabel has alway, had very few transfers because, of our location and because we treat them badly, and I dont blame them. In 1981 we lost several good ball player because of this kinda of thing. I hope your are not one of them. PI, is trying to rebuild a problem program. I think they have made a good start, but it will take years of hard work, to see if this program is fully working, and most of all, the community to work along to help make it work. Port Isabel is the worst town for community involment. I dont know if it is due to people not having enough time, or no one cares. Look at sharyland, the community built a great baseball park and has great programs for their kids. PI cant even keep a program going. God knows, I have several kids, in sports. The baseball program is alway having probems. Football is not the only sport Port Isabel has, but it is the one that get the most noticed. I will repeat what I said earlier. I beleive, PI might get some transfers from the Los Fresnos area. Keep in mine that Los Fresnos will be in a rebuilding year. I never said it was going to happen, as of now I know of no transfers, but I did hear, we might lose some ball players to transfers. That is more likley. I hope not, but i know, we have trouble holding on to players. The job market in Port Isabel is not running away with itself, and some players parents are having problems making it. PI had a great year, but it wasnt without it moments. This year the kids played for coach v, but now what will it be. The other problem, I saw last seanson, was our players mouths, I hope this year they will keep it shut. Play the games on the field. Our son tolds us that the coaches were very upset over them saying thinks on the internet, however some still did it. I heard Tarpon Fan From North Texas warn many of our ball players, but because they though they knew it all, they were ROM. If PI focus on the off season, and works hard, they have a chance, but if they dont, then the season is over before it starts. The other think, will be to work hard on there school work. Most kids seem to think that will be taken care of, if they are football players. If you dont pass, you wont play, no mater how good you are.

Big Tarp 74
12-16-2002, 01:34 AM
I do agree, about our line. We will be losing a few. I dont know who will be replacing them. I met a couple of ex-ball player still in school. those boy are good size. One of them said, he had family problems, and was not sure he would even be able to play. The others, were not sure they would play or not. They never said why. PI looks to be faster, but I do not know who will be taking some of the linemen place. As of now, it still to early to tell. I did not get to see rice play. I heard Bandera fans saying that rice was better than anyone. I still think, Aransas Pass had one of the best team. It took alot out of PI to beat them. PI had the breaks just at the right time. I would give Rice the advantage, but it will be close. PI, stands a chance to be a little bit taller. I do not see any changes in weight, yet. What worries me is their experence on the defensive line. I think, we will be hurting in this area. The offense will have the least changes.

big daddy russ:
1. Burnet
2. Rice Consolidated
3. Port Isabel

Burnet has an extra half-season of experience after this year's playoff run. With the talent they return coupled with their coaching and their experience, they should be Region IV's big Dogs again in 2003... Rice has one big advantage over Port Isabel- they have some size in the trenches. I don't know what PI is pulling up from the JV in the way of offensive and defensive lines, but their two big boys this year- if I remember correctly- are graduating. Port Isabel, though, will be one of the only teams in the Region who can match up with Rice's speed... I'm curious to see what happens in Sinton. It's obvious that they have an outstanding program, and I'm eager to see how they do in a year where they must replace much of the previous year's team. You can never count that team out. Sinton pulls up a JV squad that I believe won District, and even may have gone undefeated... Also, I think that District 25 should have another good little run with some quality teams... Two sleepers next year could be Somerset and Taft... Gonzales, Cuero, Yoakum and West Oso will also be tough once again...

Bull Butter
12-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Big Tarp 74
[QB]PI will have some young kids comming up. They will need to replace some of the seniors on defense, and a few hole on offense. I just hope they remmember to check to see how many player are on the field from now on. That will be something to realy fix. As for Bullwhatever, keep in mine, if we keep that kind of attitude, we will not get anywhere. Port Isabel has alway, had very few transfers because, of our location and because we treat them badly, and I dont blame them. In 1981 we lost several good ball player because of this kinda of thing. I hope your are not one of them. PI, is trying to rebuild a problem program. I think they have made a good start, but it will take years of hard work, to see if this program is fully working, and most of all, the community to work along to help make it work. Port Isabel is the worst town for community involment. I dont know if it is due to people not having enough time, or no one cares. Look at sharyland, the community built a great baseball park and has great programs for their kids. PI cant even keep a program going. God knows, I have several kids, in sports. The baseball program is alway having probems. Football is not the only sport Port Isabel has, but it is the one that get the most noticed[QB]The name is Bull Butter...... learn it and remember it.

You say that PI's baseball program has problems. FYI, the Tarpons are back-to-back 32-AAA Champions and have a 5 year playoff streak going. Last year the team ran the table on the district, going 16-0 and currently have a 21 game winning streak in 32-AAA play.

I don't think anyone around here treats transfers badly, it's just that, as you said, we usually have so few of them. We don't need to start unfounded rumors about transfers that most likely will never come about.

I will say it again--- These kids who left the program left not because of work or family situations. That's what they would want you to believe. What kid is actually gonna come out and admit "I'm not playing because I'm lazy" or "I left the program because I'm not disciplined enough to follow rules". You say that the coaches are fixing a problem program. Well, that was one of the biggest problems---lazy,undisciplined,troublemakers who were coddled because they had a shred of athletic talent. The coaching staff has made it clear--- you will show up to practice, work hard, maintain your grades, and behave yourself or you will not be a part of the program.

Big Tarp 74
12-17-2002, 01:07 AM
Bull Butter, so the reason we are having problems is because the kids are lazy, and do not want to work hard. I will remmember that the next time I speak to my kids, I will make damm sure, if they are going to play any sport, they better go 175 per cent or dont play. I think that what you are telling me. For you FYI, I have lived in this community all my life. We have had sports programs come and go. I beleive the best sports programs are the ones that the community is involved in. I have never seen a progam grow, were the community is not behind it. Port Isabel lacks in desiging a community master sport program. The city does not shown much interest or leadship in this area. Cities, that have developed good community sport programs are Sharyland, Mission, Harlingen, and McAllen. I wish I could say that Port Isabel has a great sport plan for all the kids, but they dont. We have some good people trying to develop a youth football program, but if it does not get much support it will fade away after a year or two.

Over a year ago, I developed a football web site for the Port Isabel Tarpons. I create this site, because Joey Lorea, Grandfather asked me to. He was sad to see that the school did not even have a site for the kids. So I created a Web site call Bluefever.org. This site had been out there for about a year. I had a few offer to help with the site, then no one ever did. It was his wish for this Team to have a web site. He died on January 4, 2002. No one knew, why the site was there, or who was behind it. Just like everthing in this town, with the lack of support, I finaly let the site go. does anyone care, well I receive many call from ex-player living else where wanting to know what happen to Bluefever.org. I guess everyone is lazy. I will say it again, if you do not have the community behind you, it will be a tough road ahead.

As for transfers, I never said there would be any. All I said was maybe, with all of the boys graduating from Los Fresnos, maybe some of these kids, might want to come over to PI, where they will have a good ball club. I do not beleive that is starting any rummors. With our luck, we will be luckly, if anyone would even want to come to PI to goto school.

We have one of the worst locations for a football stadium. I can not beleive, we even built this stadium in the location we did. We have put very little into completing it. Many fans are still smoking over destroying the old stadium. What a wast of tax payers money. We took a great stadium, and exchanged it for a piece of junk. We do not even have a parking lot. If you compare our stadium to Rio Hondo or Los Fresnso, they put us to shame. Again, we do not plan! I feel so bad for these kids. We took alot away from them, when we tore down the old stadium. You would think, they would want to make it up to them. I can only pray, cause it just sad. We can not even re-name the stadium, because we are all so hung up. What a way to remmember a great coach, who work hard to see this program grow. What a way to show is family how much we care. One day, this may work itself out, but until then, we can only hope. I will alway keep hoping for that state chanpionship, that will one day come.

BULLDOGFAN
12-17-2002, 10:40 AM
to big tarp74 i have no idea who the heck you are
but why don't you state your credentials and who you played for before you go talking about coach v
and saying that the p.i. teams of today talk too much...the p.i. players played a great game they lost by one play to hopefully the state champs. i was the leading scorer in '84 what did you do big tarp74? quit running p.i. down

<small>[ December 17, 2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
12-17-2002, 10:49 AM
<small>[ December 17, 2002, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

big daddy russ
12-17-2002, 05:45 PM
I talked to a couple of people today who told me about some interesting teams to keep an eye out for. One told me that Hallettsville and Needville should both be pretty tough next year and the other told me that Wimberley should finish just behind Burnet and possibly even give Bandera a run for their money. That second friend also said that Marion could be a pretty tough team out of District 26. Anyone from those districts know anything more about that? Care to elaborate?

Big Tarp 74
12-17-2002, 05:48 PM
I said nothing bad about coach v. What I was talking about is that some of the school board members are hung up in naming the football stadium after Coach V. I think they should name it after him. He worked hard, and saw that the kids got the most out of any sports program they were in. He is someone, that gave to this community. Now it is time for us to remmember him by naming the stadium after him. As for the kids talking trash, their was a few. They were ROM off the site when they would not stop.

Bulldogfan, The tarpons have a great bunch of kids, their are some kids that are not playing for one reason or another. What I was responding to was, a remark made. That the reason all of these kids are not playing is because they are plain lazy. I know that is not true.

As for the other, I am not puting down Port Isabel, It is a problem getting the community behind community sport programs. Such as the Boys and Girls club. I will not even go into there problems. Poncho, has been spending alot of time teaching 9 and 10 year olds, how to play football, but if he does not get the support of the communities, this program will not surive. I was not talking about the High School per say.

But I will tell you, there are very few Tarpon fans happy about the tearing down of the old stadium. This left us with a bitter taste. This one act alone, cause a great deal of anger.

The currrent stadium has no parking lot. It is just plain clay. When they built the new stadium, they built it over an old salt flat. When it is dry and hot, and the wind is blowing, you can not stand to be hit by all the sand blowing. If you lived in Port Isabel, you will know what I mean.

I know the other day, you asked, what happen to bluefever.org. This was a Tarpon Football Website, I stopped, working on it, because no one was wanting to help me develop it.

What was sad, is my father-in-law asked me to build one of the kids before he pass away. I did, this site was on the web for about a year. My wife was very sad that I let it go, but again, it cost money to keep it going, as well as a lot of time developing it.

I had information dating back to the late 40's. I have to work, and I was finding myself caught up working on it to very late at night. I had a few make offers in hekping me, but no one every got back with me. Before, I let it go, I was working on a page for coach v. When I did not get back to the vendor hosting the site, they deleted all of my work.

For what it is worth, I appoligize. There is some mis-understanding.

BULLDOGFAN:
to big tarp74 i have no idea who the heck you are
but why don't you state your credentials and who you played for before you go talking about coach v
and saying that the p.i. teams of today talk too much...the p.i. players played a great game they lost by one play to hopefully the state champs. i was the leading scorer in '84 what did you do big tarp74? quit running p.i. down