PDA

View Full Version : Boise State 2010 football

Buckeye1980
01-14-2010, 12:41 PM
I know it is early to think about but Boise State football is returning 21 of 22 starters next year . They will play Oregon State at home and Virginia Tech at Fed Ex Field in Landover, Maryland along with their conference schedule. If they run the table , will they play in BSC Championship game?

bigwood33
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
They won't (run the table) but they would (if they could).

injuredinmelee
01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe if it wasnt for all the other crap teams on their schedule.

Spread It Out
01-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I think they will. With all the skepticism about mid-major colleges not getting a chance, and Boise going undefeated two straight seasons would give them enough push to get into the NC, IMO.

rancher
01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Remember what their head coach has said, "We will play any body, any time and any place." If they run the table, they will be in the BCS. Funny, I dont see Texas, A&M or other wanting to play them. Look at the cup cake schedule of the member of the Big 12 play.

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2010, 03:38 PM
If two automatic conferences have teams go undefeated, Boise will get left out again (although that may be the straw that finally kills the BcS). If Boise is one of only two teams to go unbeaten, they'll be in the NC game.

It may be perfect timing for Boise. For the first time in a long time, I don't think people are looking at the season ahead and already knowing who the top teams in the country will be.The Big XII doesn't have a powerhouse (Nebraska is probably the best team going into next year). The PAC-10 doesn't either. The SEC may end up with one undefeated team, but it won't get two. Sure, there are wildcards in any of the major conference as well as TCU that could spoil things, but if Boise State is ever going to play for a national championship under the current format, 2010 sure looks like the year for it to happen.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Remember what their head coach has said, "We will play any body, any time and any place." If they run the table, they will be in the BCS. Funny, I dont see Texas, A&M or other wanting to play them. Look at the cup cake schedule of the member of the Big 12 play.

it aint that simple..along with his we will play anyone anywhere they wont do it unless a team is willing to pay them out the arse

waterboy
01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Most teams usually schedule their games at least 3 or 4 years in advance, don't they? I don't think any of the BIG schools are "scared" of playing Boise State. The Broncos have had a good program for a while now, but they didn't break out onto the national scene until their bowl matchup a few years ago with Oklahoma.......I don't think. I think it's more of a "we don't have to play you to get into a BCS game" sort of thing with the automatic bid conferences.

injuredinmelee
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by rancher

if they had to go through the big xii grind week in and week out they wouldnt be undefeated. mediocre athletes and gimmicks only work for so long (see texas tech football).

Buckeye1980
01-14-2010, 04:37 PM
What do you think of Boise State as a national championship contender in 2010?

"It would be a shame, to me, if Boise were passed over for a one-loss team from a power conference. Surely, with now two BCS wins, the Broncos have at least obtained some level of legitimacy." - Travis Haney, The (Charleston, S.C.) Post and Courier

"I am putting a 2010 preseason Top 10 in Friday's paper and I have Boise State at No. 2, right behind Ohio State. And I really went back and forth on that, but I like the way Ohio State's schedule sets up better than Boise State's. Depending on what happens in the offseason, there is a very good chance I will have Boise State at the top of my ballot going into the 2010 season. Especially, if Ohio State loses another player early to the draft." - Bob Asmussen, Champaign (Ill.) News-Gazette

"I would have Boise either first or second in the preseason Top 25 for 2010." - John Adams, Knoxville (Tenn.) News Sentinel

"I'm thinking Boise will have a top-three spot on my preseason AP ballot. They'll be deserving of a spot in the national title conversation, and if they go undefeated again, particularly with that tougher nonconference slate, they should probably deserve a chance to play for the big trophy." - Dave Matter, Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune

"Playing Oregon State and Virginia Tech helps, but if the WAC is as bad as it was this year, that's not going to be enough. They need to do whatever they can to get into the Mountain West." - Adam Van Brimmer, Savannah (Ga.) Morning News

"I refuse to hold WAC membership against them. They aren't afraid to go out and play people, with Virginia Tech and Oregon State on the schedule next season. And that's what earns them respect." - Eric Hansen, South Bend (Ind.) Tribune

"I absolutely think Boise State will be in the mix for next year's national championship. I think they'll start off in the Top 5 - maybe the top two or three - in the preseason polls with all of their returning starters. And they will deserve to be there." - Jimmy Burch, Fort Worth (Texas) Star-Telegram

"If they win the (Virginia Tech game), they have a terrific chance to contend for the title. It shapes up as a two-game season for the Broncos, with Va. Tech and Oregon State." - Jon Wilner, San Jose Mercury News

"I think with wins over Oregon and TCU, Boise State will have newfound title cred, especially if they knock off the Hokies in that good non-conference schedule." - John Hunt, The Oregonian

Buckeye1980
01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
SI's early preseason Top 10 for 2010

1. Alabama Defending champ returns eight
starters on offense, faces tougher schedule
2. Boise State Takes best shot at becoming
first non-BCS team to play for championship
3. Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor looks like Heisman
contender, and defense remains stout
4. Texas Freshman QB Garrett Gilbert provided
glimpses of things to come in title game
5. Iowa Led by DT Adrian Clayborn, Hawkeyes
are primed for Nov. 20 visit from Buckeyes
6. Oregon All 11 starters are back from an
offense
that scored 36.1 points a game
7. TCU Experienced Frogs look to be tested
early with opener against Oregon State
8. Georgia Tech Count on the option remaining
potent, even without RB Jonathan Dwyer
9. Virginia Tech Hokies favored to repeat in
ACC but must travel to top challenger Miami
10. Wisconsin John Clay and Montee Ball
will run behind one of the nation’s best lines

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/664895.pdf?ATCLID=204868305&SPSID=48553&SPID=4061&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=9900

ziggy29
01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Folks, most of these schedules were made before Petersen arrived in Boise. Petersen has been more willing to follow the Pat Hill/Fresno State approach of "anyone, anytime, anywhere" than Hawkins (his predecessor) was. Fair or not, I think he realizes it's the only way to earn undisputed national respect for the Broncos.

If Boise played a tough OOC schedule, ran the table and was still snubbed, it is evidence to me that the system is broken because they are penalized for something out of their control (their conference affiliation).

And see, this year Boise could have played four tough OOC opponents, all on the road against Top 50 BCS conference opponents, ran the table and *still* finished no better than #3 in the BCS behind Alabama and Texas. That #3 rating would be justifiable. That a team which performed such a feat would have no chance to play for a championship, IMO, is not.

waterboy
01-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Honestly, I don't think Boise State could've beaten Alabama, Texas (with McCoy), or Florida (maybe) this past year. They would NOT have been an easy out, and with a few breaks could've beaten anybody on a given day or night, but that's just opinion and we'll never know for sure. That's why they have to find a way to get into a BCS conference, or at least find some BCS conference foes that can and will play them. They're on the right path with the scheduling of Oregon State and Virginia Tech next year, though.......but they absolutely HAVE to win BOTH of those games to have any shot at BCS legitimacy, in my opinion.

TheDOCTORdre
01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

"I am putting a 2010 preseason Top 10 in Friday's paper and I have Boise State at No. 2, right behind Ohio State. And I really went back and forth on that, but I like the way Ohio State's schedule sets up better than Boise State's. Depending on what happens in the offseason, there is a very good chance I will have Boise State at the top of my ballot going into the 2010 season. Especially, if Ohio State loses another player early to the draft." - Bob Asmussen, Champaign (Ill.) News-Gazette

***, this gets stupidest thing I have ever read honors, and its not the fact that Boise St is #2 its the fact that tOSU is #1.
Bull-freakin-crap:mad: