PDA

View Full Version : Standaround sponsers

pancho villa
01-14-2010, 11:12 AM
All the standaround guys have gone to Waco this weekend for their annual standaround convention. Everybody in Waco keep your young boys in this weekend!

GreenMonster
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Sitting this one out Pancho, the Mrs. is way pregnant and didn't want me 5 hours from home. Guess all of the turn left coaches are celebrating the fact that the standaround coaches are out of town by patching their tracks and repairing their hurdles.

pancho villa
01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sitting this one out Pancho, the Mrs. is way pregnant and didn't want me 5 hours from home. Guess all of the turn left coaches are celebrating the fact that the standaround coaches are out of town by patching their tracks and repairing their hurdles.

We are going to go hide all the standaround boys buckets today!

hookandladder
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
We are going to go hide all the standaround boys buckets today!

If you would have been a real athlete you would have liked Baseball, the ones that can't play it hate it. Baseball can make you look pretty stupid if you are not any good, there are plenty football players that try to play baseball and all they do is waste a spot on the team.

bigwood33
01-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
there are plenty football players that try to play baseball and all they do is waste a spot on the team.
Please.
I will tell you a quick story. When Joe Jurasek (Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach) was at the University of Oklahoma they won their only National Championship in baseball. He said the thing that separated that team from any other baseball team that he ever worked with was there were more players on it that had played football in high school than straight baseball guys. He said the the former football players knew how to work and drove that team to the championship. He said that if you had a team of straight baseball players, they would be lazy and would complain continuously about hard work. I also know one of the guys who played on that team, Dusty Hansen, and he was an All State QB (Oklahoma) in high school.
Don't give me that "waste a spot" crap.

NastySlot
01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
check out the rosters of most college baseball rosters and you will find a lot of former h.s. football players......heck rice is full of them.......at texas Loy was a qb....and i know moldenhauer played at boerne...................athletes are athletes and can play anything.

bigwood33
01-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
check out the rosters of most college baseball rosters and you will find a lot of former h.s. football players......heck rice is full of them.......at texas Loy was a qb....and i know moldenhauer played at boerne...................athletes are athletes and can play anything.
Agreed.
Brandon Workman (UT pitcher) played QB in high school...and was pretty good too.

pancho villa
01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If you would have been a real athlete you would have liked Baseball, the ones that can't play it hate it. Baseball can make you look pretty stupid if you are not any good, there are plenty football players that try to play baseball and all they do is waste a spot on the team.

Baseball is for all the NA'S (Nonathletes)

NastySlot
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Baseball is for all the NA'S (Nonathletes)

man ....i sorta heard this from a few basketball coaches...but they replaced baseball with football...............man.

pancho villa
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I bet the dirt water boys are all wearing their pants to tight in Waco LOL

44INAROW
01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
played football in high school than straight baseball guys.

as opposed to non-straight baseball guys.. Sorry, I am just having fun - that made me laugh out loud :D

hookandladder
01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Please.
I will tell you a quick story. When Joe Jurasek (Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach) was at the University of Oklahoma they won their only National Championship in baseball. He said the thing that separated that team from any other baseball team that he ever worked with was there were more players on it that had played football in high school than straight baseball guys. He said the the former football players knew how to work and drove that team to the championship. He said that if you had a team of straight baseball players, they would be lazy and would complain continuously about hard work. I also know one of the guys who played on that team, Dusty Hansen, and he was an All State QB (Oklahoma) in high school.
Don't give me that "waste a spot" crap.

If you look at my post a little closer it states if you were a real athlete and the football players you are talking about that can play baseball and other sports well are the real athlete's. Meaning it takes pure athletic ability to play multiple sports and to be successful at each. Lazy and would complain about hard work, now that's a good one. They sounds like a coaching problem, if the coach cannot fix that problem then maybe he or she should not be coaching the sport.

ccmom
01-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
as opposed to non-straight baseball guys.. Sorry, I am just having fun - that made me laugh out loud :D

Haha! I was thinking the same thing! :D

baseballcoach13
01-20-2010, 10:30 AM
I bet the dirt water boys are all wearing their pants to tight in Waco LOL

You are showing your age there Pancho Abuelo....everyone wears loose fitting pants these days. Oh, and the stirrups are out too.

pancho villa
01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
You are showing your age there Pancho Abuelo....everyone wears loose fitting pants these days. Oh, and the stirrups are out too.

Are all you na's back from Waco with your rakes,hoses and such?

pancho villa
01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
I heard they had to hire Omar to make our assissant standaround sponsers pants.

baseballcoach13
01-20-2010, 11:28 AM

WTH is a sponser? I know what a sponsor is, but never heard of a sponser.

And yes we are back with our rakes, hoses and such. By the way, can I get all your pole vaults this year since they are just collecting dust. I figure if I can duct tape them to my rake handles I can reach the back edge of the dirt and never have to leave a footprint after I water the dirt.

pancho villa
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
WTH is a sponser? I know what a sponsor is, but never heard of a sponser.

And yes we are back with our rakes, hoses and such. By the way, can I get all your pole vaults this year since they are just collecting dust. I figure if I can duct tape them to my rake handles I can reach the back edge of the dirt and never have to leave a footprint after I water the dirt.

you tard there are no coaches in a sport that has no athletes! Therefore they are sponsers! And don't touch my pole you H@&@.

baseballcoach13
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
you tard there are no coaches in a sport that has no athletes! Therefore they are sponsers! And don't touch my pole you H@&@.

again with the sponsers....I am assuming you are meaning sponsor. I guess it's that good quality education you got in Ole Mexico High in AZ

pancho villa
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
again with the sponsers....I am assuming you are meaning sponsor. I guess it's that good quality education you got in Ole Mexico High in AZ

Wow you can spell. Now go water some dirt!

LH Panther Mom
01-20-2010, 06:46 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: That cracked me up! :D

themsu97
01-21-2010, 10:26 AM
who do you think makes Pancho's clothes... there are more x's on panchos clothing than there are in a best two out of three game of tic tac toe...
big fatty