PDA

View Full Version : Any Fishermen on the forum?

Farmersfan
01-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I have recently started getting up to date with "OTHER" forms of fishing. For 30 years I managed businesses and did not go fishing and just recently bought a bass boat and have started fishing again. My normal comfort zone is throwing spinner baits or Texas Rigged plastics. Some top water and a little bit of the normal other type artificials. I'm interested in getting knowledgeble with Drop-Shot fishing, Jig fishing and fishing with a Wacky rigged plastic artificials. Is anyone familiar with these types of fishing techniques and might be willing to share some secrets? I would also like to find someone who is willing to share their GPS coordinates for their "Honey holes" on Lake Fork, Ray Roberts and Texoma. I know that's asking for something most men value more than their wifes but it never hurts to ask......

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2010, 09:11 PM
I know JD94, lost aussie and probably some others fish.

cameron91
01-14-2010, 09:18 PM
texas fishing forum..best website for fishing tips,:2thumbsup .take a look , you will very very happy..

turbostud
01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
My dad fishes with plastic worms and caught a 13 pd black bass on Ray Roberts. Also won a bass boat in a tournament a couple of years ago on Ray Roberts fishin with plastic worms.

BOCEPHUS
01-15-2010, 05:52 AM
I BE US'EN 250-300 HOOKS AT ONCE, SOME CITY FOLK SAY IT AIN'T FISH'N BUT THEY AINT BY GAWD RAN LINES WITH ME!!!
U CAN SET IN UR CUTE LITTLE SEAT, TOSSN UR $8 PLASTIC WHATEVER, ER U CAN MAKE AND CATCH BAIT FOR WEEKS, NEED ATLEAST 800 PIECES FOR A TRIP, 200 LIVE. ROLL OUT HUNERDS OF YARDS OT TROT LINE, SNAP ON HOOK FOR HOURS, CRAWL AROUND IN SUBMERGED TRESS TRY'N TO TIE OFF, UNROOL DOZENS OF TEXAS JUGS, THEN BAIT HOOKKS FER 2-3 HOURS, THEN AS SOON AS UR DONE START RUNING THEM, THEN START OVER , THEN MAYBE HAVE A BEER, THEN START AGAIN, NOW IT 3:00 AM, SO RUNNIN ONE LAST IME FER THE SUN COMES UP, THE RUNN THEM ONE MORE TIME HOUR AFTER SUN UP, THEN CLEAN FISH TILL NOON,...KEEP THE CLEANING FOR CHUM OR STINK BAIT, LET IT SPOIL IN BUCKED FER A WEEK OR SO..
U WILL HAVE DRUP IN SOME 50 LB BLUES AND FLATS, BY HAND!! AND WILL HAVE 50-75 BOX SIZE TO CLEAN, BUT U WILL NEVER GET A BREAK, UNLESS U JUST TAKE ONE

squid
01-15-2010, 07:30 AM
All caps posts are very hard to read, and are rarely read, just sayin'.......

BOCEPHUS
01-15-2010, 07:51 AM
OH YEAH, ALMOST FERGOT, I USE SQUID FER BAIT TOO!!!:D :devil:

lostaussie
01-15-2010, 08:04 AM
sites to check

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/
http://www.fishingworld.com/
http://www.bassfan.com/
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/
http://www.flwoutdoors.com/
http://www.basszone.com/

and of course my favorite:D
http://skeeterboats.com/

Farmersfan
01-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
I BE US'EN 250-300 HOOKS AT ONCE, SOME CITY FOLK SAY IT AIN'T FISH'N BUT THEY AINT BY GAWD RAN LINES WITH ME!!!
U CAN SET IN UR CUTE LITTLE SEAT, TOSSN UR $8 PLASTIC WHATEVER, ER U CAN MAKE AND CATCH BAIT FOR WEEKS, NEED ATLEAST 800 PIECES FOR A TRIP, 200 LIVE. ROLL OUT HUNERDS OF YARDS OT TROT LINE, SNAP ON HOOK FOR HOURS, CRAWL AROUND IN SUBMERGED TRESS TRY'N TO TIE OFF, UNROOL DOZENS OF TEXAS JUGS, THEN BAIT HOOKKS FER 2-3 HOURS, THEN AS SOON AS UR DONE START RUNING THEM, THEN START OVER , THEN MAYBE HAVE A BEER, THEN START AGAIN, NOW IT 3:00 AM, SO RUNNIN ONE LAST IME FER THE SUN COMES UP, THE RUNN THEM ONE MORE TIME HOUR AFTER SUN UP, THEN CLEAN FISH TILL NOON,...KEEP THE CLEANING FOR CHUM OR STINK BAIT, LET IT SPOIL IN BUCKED FER A WEEK OR SO..
U WILL HAVE DRUP IN SOME 50 LB BLUES AND FLATS, BY HAND!! AND WILL HAVE 50-75 BOX SIZE TO CLEAN, BUT U WILL NEVER GET A BREAK, UNLESS U JUST TAKE ONE

Comparing this to fishing is kind of like comparing riding a bicycle at Talladega to racing. What you describe here is more like HARVESTING. I fish for the sport and generally throw what I catch back.

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Comparing this to fishing is kind of like comparing riding a bicycle at Talladega to racing. What you describe here is more like HARVESTING. I fish for the sport and generally throw what I catch back.

Aw, don't be so hard on Bo, Farmer. I've heard he's been known to phone the fish up and check on them now and then. :D

lostaussie
01-15-2010, 11:41 AM
also, our latest and greatest

www.skeeterfx.com.

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Is Fork still the bass "mecca" in Texas, aussie?

Bone Pile
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Go to 2coolfishing.com they can fix you up.

Mojado
01-15-2010, 12:10 PM
A couple more...

austinbassfishing.com
ttz1.com

And I second the texasfishingforum.com... These are my 3 everyday go to's...

Farmersfan
01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys! I have visited a lot of the suggested places previously and will followup on the others.

BOCEPHUS
01-15-2010, 04:59 PM
DOING NO CAPS FER SQUID...

i put back everything over 12 lb. do not use a net, u ever hand loaded a 50 lber in a 8 ft. pond prowler plastic boat???????
or better yet u memeber when they had to put another barrel in jaws and Brodie said "we need a bigger boat" ????? chase a jug thar with a 50 # plus blue cat.......
u want sport, u just come on with ole boy...i shoot the video, we put it on the outdoor channel, especialy when he takes u a swimmen.

Bullaholic
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS

i put back everything over 12 lb. do not use a net, u ever hand loaded a 50 lber in a 8 ft. pond prowler plastic boat???????
or better yet u memeber when they had to put another barrel in jaws and Brodie said "we need a bigger boat" ????? chase a jug thar with a 50 # plus blue cat.......
u want sport, u just come on with ole boy...i shoot the video, we put it on the outdoor channel, especialy when he takes u a swimmen.

I stay in the boat and get my wife to "noodle" for em', Bo....:D

JasperDog94
01-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I can't say I've ever fished a drop shot rig. I'm just not convinced that a drop shot works that great in some of the murkier water like we see most of the time in East Texas. I would think that you need at least 4-5 foot visibility to even consider a drop shot. I'm more of a worm, crankbait, spinnerbait and rattletrap fisherman myself. I'm sure there are many more techniques out there that work, but I just have not invested the time and energy to develop them.

No doubt that Fork is an incredible fishing lake, but some of favorite times to fish are when I can get on an isolated body of water that most people overlook. It pays to get to know some guys who don't mind sharing a little bit of info.

BTW - FYI it is in bad taste to ask for GPS coordinates from folks. Once you get to know someone they might share some with you, but I wouldn't ask on a message board. Some folks can get down right upset about it. ;)

squid
01-16-2010, 07:29 AM

u want sport, u just come on with ole boy...i shoot the video, we put it on the outdoor channel, especialy when he takes u a swimmen

Hey I appreciate that. But you can go back to all caps now, there wasnt anything worth reading there anyway.

BOCEPHUS
01-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by squid
Hey I appreciate that. But you can go back to all caps now, there wasnt anything worth reading there anyway.

SURE. WILL DO ANYTHING FER A WOMAN, JUST MY RAIS'EN

CHS_89
01-16-2010, 01:00 PM
FF,
I fish all the time at Ray Roberts. Theres some neat little lakes up around Bonham that are fun to fish. Let me know if you want to go sometime via PM.

squid
01-16-2010, 01:40 PM
SURE. WILL DO ANYTHING FER A WOMAN, JUST MY RAIS'EN

kinda figured you as a lesbian.....kudos!

BOCEPHUS
01-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by squid
kinda figured you as a lesbian.....kudos!

I figures it was onna them thar Shemales.......they gotz that kinda stuff in tha city(abilene town)

Bubba-Joe given me the heads up