PDA

View Full Version : History would say, "Root for the Jets and the Colts this weekend"

TheDOCTORdre
01-13-2010, 10:31 PM
This year marks the 50th Anniversary of the AFL along with the 40th anniversary of the third AFL-NFL Championship game(the first game to officailly use Super Bowl), Super Bowl III, the Super Bowl that is widely known for Broadway Joe Namath's guarantee that the Jets would beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, despite being 18 point underdogs. It is also known as the game that gave the AFL recognition as being a viable force in the AFL-NFL merger, it is considered one of the greatest upsets of all time.

How historically cool would it be to see the Jets and Colts win this weekend and face each other in the AFC Championship game? There is no doubt the stage would be almost the same, as the Jets would be heavy underdogs to the Colts. (Sidenote: whereas Super Bowl III was played in Miami, this years AFC Championship game would be for a chance to go to Miami)

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Id rather see the Cowboys continue the post season dominance of Brett Favre ;)

Still a cool bit of info there Dre

bobcat4life
01-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I wanna see them play each other anyways-the Jets have one off the best defenses in the NFL and the Colts have Peyton Manning. Would be a great matchup

Fal44
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
won't happen, and wouldn't want to see it either... SD is hot right now, jets have a great "D" but i don't like sanchez as a qb or the entire offense.. great running game, but dislike sanchez against SD.

AFC Championship- Colts VS Chargers
NFC Championship- Boys VS Saints.

Love to see the chargers win it all, and have a legit shot of doing it

Farmersfan
01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
won't happen, and wouldn't want to see it either... SD is hot right now, jets have a great "D" but i don't like sanchez as a qb or the entire offense.. great running game, but dislike sanchez against SD.

AFC Championship- Colts VS Chargers
NFC Championship- Boys VS Saints.

Love to see the chargers win it all, and have a legit shot of doing it

I don't think the Chargers can beat the Cowboys again. They only managed a 3 point win the last time and the Cowboys weren't playing near as good as they are now. I give the Cowboys a 2 TD edge in a rematch.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I don't think the Chargers can beat the Cowboys again. They only managed a 3 point win the last time and the Cowboys weren't playing near as good as they are now. I give the Cowboys a 2 TD edge in a rematch.

the size advantage for the Chargers WR still worry me..It was not like the Cowboys DB were getting toasted( except for the one on Newman) they were getting out jumped by the taller WRs.

Farmersfan
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
the size advantage for the Chargers WR still worry me..It was not like the Cowboys DB were getting toasted( except for the one on Newman) they were getting out jumped by the taller WRs.

I don't worry much about the defense. It will be fine. It's the offense that has to continue to produce. If they play like they have been in the last several games they score 30+ on the Chargers. Dallas wins big!

TheDOCTORdre
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
this is not about Dallas:mad:

NateDawg39
01-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
this is not about Dallas:mad: Then why are you talking about them :D

TheDOCTORdre
01-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Then why are you talking about them :D

quit following me from thread to thread

NateDawg39
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
quit following me from thread to thread Technically, you just followed me.....and now im following you....

lvbears32
01-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Technically, you just followed me.....and now im following you....

ladies! lets remain calm! jk

ziggy29
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I want the Jets and Colts to win because I'd like to see the Jets beat both the Bengals and the Colts in the postseason, both of the teams which rolled over for the Jets and let them steal the last playoff spot in the AFC over other teams that had to play teams that cared in the last couple of weeks. It would be good karma and poetic justice if the Jets rolled them both in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
01-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I'll be cheering for the Saints! :)

TheDOCTORdre
01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
this should get alot of talk about being the 40th anniversary of the historic Super Bowl III upset