PDA

View Full Version : Tenn Vols in...

Pick6
01-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Ft Worth to talk to Patterson. Does he stay or go if offered the job?

shamu85
01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Man, I hope TCU doesn't lose him.

waterboy
01-13-2010, 05:46 PM
:eek: Dang! I hope he stays! I'd like to see Stump Godfrey go there.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
They're pushing hard for Muschamp again, even after the announcment that he was staying at Texas.

Pick6
01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
They're pushing hard for Muschamp again, even after the announcment that he was staying at Texas.

ESPN in Dallas just said Muschamp is going to have a presser saying he's not going to Tenn.

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 06:30 PM
I doubt Patterson will leave....but then again, I didnt think USC would have the coach they do now :thinking:

bobcat4life
01-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
ESPN in Dallas just said Muschamp is going to have a presser saying he's not going to Tenn. not much of a suprise.

could anyone see Leach at Tennessee?

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
not much of a suprise.

could anyone see Leach at Tennessee? I dont think he has taken off the big ring of his in a few years and I dont think it will be a fit in Tennessee :thinking:

charlesrixey
01-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
not much of a suprise.

could anyone see Leach at Tennessee?

no because Tennessee is not happy with 9-5 every season

charlesrixey
01-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I doubt Patterson will leave....but then again, I didnt think USC would have the coach they do now :thinking:

I absolutely hope Patterson does not go to Tenn, but it would be a good fit

95mustang
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
no because Tennessee is not happy with 9-5 every season

It would be an improvement over the last few years.

lvbears32
01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
im hopin he stays and tcu goes n2 the big 12

headhunter
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:eek: Dang! I hope he stays! I'd like to see Stump Godfrey go there.

I saw that Stump was on the prospect list, but I don't think they will take him as a QB, TCU already has one QB commit from Katy and is pushing real hard for the kid out of Colorado who decommitted from Stanford. Is Stump going as a QB? or possibly a different position, TCU has a reputation of taking very good athletes from High School (especially QB) and putting them into other positions that will help them win.

What other offers does Godfrey have?

injuredinmelee
01-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I was in TN in 08 at their homecaming game against Wyoming. The knoxville paper that day listed Leach as someone TN was very interested in. I dont think they can take the chance though of hiring a coach with the baggage Leach is carrying around right now. Esp after just losing one of the shadiest guys in the business.

charlesrixey
01-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
It would be an improvement over the last few years.

yes but that doesn't mean they accept it. Tennessee fans have been very good at denial the last few years. They still worship the Colts just because Manning is there.

Tennessee has been horribly inconsistent for more than five years.

NastySlot
01-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
yes but that doesn't mean they accept it. Tennessee fans have been very good at denial the last few years. They still worship the Colts just because Manning is there.

Tennessee has been horribly inconsistent for more than five years.

yes they have....but they are a sleeping giant...........they remind of the horns during those lean years before Mack.

Old Tiger
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
yes they have....but they are a sleeping giant...........they remind of the horns during those lean years before Mack. But the Horns were still a giant.

NastySlot
01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
But the Horns were still a giant.

no...they were pretty down....most people on here are posting as if Tennessee was some second rate program.......they have has much history as Texas and Alabama......check out their all time wins, bowl appearences, bowl wins..national championships and have a good rep of turning out pro players.........they have been filling that 100,000 seat stadium for along time...............those years that the horns went through McWilliams, Mackovic and the last few years of Akers........they were near or below average for a university with their tradition.....no offense intended to you and not accusing you.........but a lot the horn bandwagon fans don't remember those years...cause they only started liking the horns during the winning years.....or they maybe they were fans but they choose to forget those years.

Mack has done a great job at texas...they are where they should be every year........if Tennessee finds the right guy they could be just as good as Texas... remember Florida and Alabama are on top now...but it hasn't always been like that....Alabama went through some very tough years.

yes texas was a giant....but like tennessee sleeping.

Old Tiger
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
no...they were pretty down....most people on here are posting as if Tennessee was some second rate program.......they have has much history as Texas and Alabama......check out their all time wins, bowl appearences, bowl wins..national championships and have a good rep of turning out pro players.........they have been filling that 100,000 seat stadium for along time...............those years that the horns went through McWilliams, Mackovic and the last few years of Akers........they were near or below average for a university with their tradition.....no offense intended to you and not accusing you.........but a lot the horn bandwagon fans don't remember those years...cause they only started liking the horns during the winning years.....or they maybe they were fans but they choose to forget those years.

Mack has done a great job at texas...they are where they should be every year........if Tennessee finds the right guy they could be just as good as Texas... remember Florida and Alabama are on top now...but it hasn't always been like that....Alabama went through some very tough years.

yes texas was a giant....but like tennessee sleeping. Regardless if they were down or not because of Texas history and resources they will always be a giant. Same with Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and other similar schools.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Regardless if they were down or not because of Texas history and resources they will always be a giant. Same with Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and other similar schools.

No Texas was not a giant..they were a laughing stock. A team that was not terrible but stuck in 6-5, 5-6 years. Every big time recruit that went there seem to either flame out or get hurt. It was not a fun time and at no time were they thought of as a sleeping giant

NastySlot
01-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Regardless if they were down or not because of Texas history and resources they will always be a giant. Same with Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and other similar schools.

oh i agree...i just think that Tennessee is the same.

but if Texas hadn't won with the Brown hire....what would have happen to the program.......go back research it.......they were on the way down the ladder.........Tennessee is just trying to prevent moving down too far the ladder while rivals Alabama and Florida get too far up it.

I'm just trying to say.........Tennessee has those same resources that Texas and the others you mention have.......just don't understand why so many think it's a second rate program....granted it's been what ten years since they won a title.

waterboy
01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
What other offers does Godfrey have?
These schools have at least shown interest in Stump: Tennessee, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Nebraska, Tulsa, Virginia, Baylor, TCU, and Arkansas. The only ones to actually offer are Kansas State and Tulsa so far. He'll be doing his visits over the next 2 weeks, so he should have it narrowed down a lot more by then........but we really won't know where he's going until signing day. Honestly, I don't think he even knows where he's gonna go yet. I'm pretty sure he wants to go to a school that will let him play his natural position as QB, though, and I think he'll be a really good one. He's very intelligent on the field AND in the classroom. He's a really classy guy to talk to, too.

Old Tiger
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
oh i agree...i just think that Tennessee is the same.

but if Texas hadn't won with the Brown hire....what would have happen to the program.......go back research it.......they were on the way down the ladder.........Tennessee is just trying to prevent moving down too far the ladder while rivals Alabama and Florida get too far up it.

I'm just trying to say.........Tennessee has those same resources that Texas and the others you mention have.......just don't understand why so many think it's a second rate program....granted it's been what ten years since they won a title. 66-3 I believe brought on the Brown era.