PDA

View Full Version : Sandifer is Staying!!!

Troybuilt
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
So everyone can relax.!!!! He will not pull the trigger!

bigwood33
01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Is that a rumor or being reported by the Reporter News or a TV/Radio station?

I just called the Reporter News and they have no information but said that they would call Coach Sandifer later today and ask. They will update the website if there is any news.

Troybuilt
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Is that a rumor or being reported by the Reporter News or a TV/Radio station?

Coming out of Barbers Hill.

BwdLion73
01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Yep at the Barbers Hills "Whataburger"!
;)

EAGLETOWN
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
;)

Maybe the Sonic... Barbers Hill doesn't have a Whataburger!!!

bowleghorses
01-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
Maybe the Sonic... Barbers Hill doesn't have a Whataburger!!!

Been a long time since I've read those words.:) WE CAN, WE WILL WERE BARBERS HILL.

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Barbers who?

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Barbers who?

exactly

Troybuilt
01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
;)

A Barbers Hill official reported this earlier today. Apparently they are moving on.

Black_Magic
01-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Been a long time since I've read those words.:) WE CAN, WE WILL WERE BARBERS HILL. Isnt that WE CAN, WE WILL, BEAT BARBERS HILL.

BEAST
01-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Hold your water boys. Just got confirmation from a Brownwood coach who knows Sandifer and he told me that Sandifer took the job this afternoon. I'm not joking.

BEAST

Gobbla2001
01-13-2010, 07:31 PM
even if it was reported he did not take the Barbers Hill job, that still wouldn't mean he was staying in Abilene... BH doesn't have the only open job in the state...

after Patterson leaves TCU for Tenn, and McCoy takes over at TCU, there will be an open job in Graham...

TinyTim
01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hold your water boys. Just got confirmation from a Brownwood coach who knows Sandifer and he told me that Sandifer took the job this afternoon. I'm not joking.

I don't what Brownwood coach you are referring to. But I just talked to Texasfootball2 ( Brownwood coach) and he definitely does not have any knowledge of anything. Bob is out of town, so who is your source of these allegations is they are so true?

BEAST

TinyTim
01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know what Brownwood coach you are referring to. But I just talked to Texasfootball2 ( Brownwood coach) and he definitely does not have any knowledge of anything. Bob is out of town, so who is your source of these allegations if they are true?

wyliefan
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM

BEAST

If he does take the job, I don't think he would go and call up a Brownwood coach and let him know that he is taking another job. The just does not make any sense and Sandifer would tell his players / staff before a coach in Brownwood.

I talked to a senior on the Wylie football team around 6 and asked if he had heard one way or another and he had not.

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I heard from someone, who knows a guy, who talked to a girl, who is friends with a man, who walks Sandifers dog........everyone has a connection it seems :rolleyes:

wyliefan
01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Found the following on Smoaky.com for what it is worth. Posted at 1:00 PM today.

"A source has told me there is another interview taking place "off campus," with a current head coach of a program that has won multiple state championships during his tenure."

David Smoak

Daddy D 11
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan
Found the following on Smoaky.com for what it is worth.

"A source has told me there is another interview taking place "off campus," with a current head coach of a program that has won multiple state championships during his tenure."

David Smoak

Hasn't Sandifer only won one?

Talked to some old buddies that still live in Abilene that are Wylie grads and they said they heard he is leaving? For what it's worth.

wyliefan
01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Hasn't Sandifer only won one?

Talked to some old buddies that still live in Abilene that are Wylie grads and they said they heard he is leaving? For what it's worth.

Only won one title in 2004, and lost 2... 2000 and 2009. The topic was originally about Sandifer when he was there last week, but this states they are talking to another coach.

Daddy D 11
01-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Only won one title in 2004, and lost 2... 2000 and 2009. The topic was originally about Sandifer when he was there last week, but this states they are talking to another coach.

Yeah, who freaking knows. As of late rumor mills are hardly ever true about coaches. (Outside of Pete Carroll) Those turned out true lol

I hope he stays, it'll suck not having Wylie as a power out there in west texas.

Troybuilt
01-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Found the following on Smoaky.com for what it is worth. Posted at 1:00 PM today.

David Smoak

Like I said when I started the thread. Barbers Hill is moving on and Hugh has missed the train. He will not go and they are gonna give all that money to someone else. Finding a highest paid high school football coach in the state of Texas won't be hard. It isn't rumor when it comes from the horses mouth.

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
Like I said when I started the thread. Barbers Hill is moving on and Hugh has missed the train. He will not go and they are gonna give all that money to someone else. Finding a highest paid high school football coach in the state of Texas won't be hard. It isn't rumor when it comes from the horses mouth. Are you the mouth of that horse?

ccmom
01-13-2010, 09:23 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=209082

Reported by: David Robinett
Wednesday, Jan 13, 2010 @06:32pm CST

The rumors continue to fly about Wylie head football coach Hugh Sandifer.

Here are the facts.

Sandifer was called by and met with administrators of Barbers Hill High School about their vacant head coaching job last week.

Today, Wylie Superintendent Joey Light told KTAB Sports, quote, "Wylie I.S.D. is working hard to retain coach Sandifer", unquote.

Light said he and coach Sandifer have met this week, and he hopes to keep the coach in town.

In his career, Sandifer has 211 wins, and he's led Wylie to 3 State Championship games and 1 State Championship.

Troybuilt
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Are you the mouth of that horse?

No. Just the messenger. Just don't see all the big fuss. This board is for fun, right.

The real question is: should someone get a raise at one job just because he is offered another job (that he is not taking) somewhere else. Sandifer is not going to Barbers Hill. They are looking elsewhere. Yet he and the Sup. are about to get a raise. These are the facts.

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
No. Just the messenger. Just don't see all the big fuss. This board is for fun, right.

The real question is: should someone get a raise at one job just because he is offered another job (that he is not taking) somewhere else. Sandifer is not going to Barbers Hill. They are looking elsewhere. Yet he and the Sup. are about to get a raise. These are the facts. Im just bustin yer chops bud no harm intended ;)

Unless your Keith, then I mean anything I say:nerd:

wyliefan
01-13-2010, 10:21 PM
If they do both get a raise, good for them and Wylie can afford it. According to Wylie's financial statements ending in August 2009, they had net income of $5.8 million for the year. ($25.8 million in revenue and $20 million in expenses)

This is one of several reasons that the district has added to three campus' and additions to the football field without raising taxes or incurring debt. When a school district has that much excess funds they can afford to pay their leadership another 20-30 thousand a year.

nobogey72
01-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Like I said when I started the thread. Barbers Hill is moving on and Hugh has missed the train. He will not go and they are gonna give all that money to someone else. Finding a highest paid high school football coach in the state of Texas won't be hard. It isn't rumor when it comes from the horses mouth.

Missed the train????? If he stays, then obviously he didn't want on the train. If it was about money he'd have left long ago. And, BTW Troybuilt, speaking of horse's mouths, the term horse's A$$ seems to come to mind.

NateDawg39
01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Missed the train????? If he stays, then obviously he didn't want on the train. If it was about money he'd have left long ago. And, BTW Troybuilt, speaking of horse's mouths, the term horse's A$$ seems to come to mind. ouch...and I think the talent pool is better at Wylie anyway so he is better off there. He gets it done year in and year out for sure.

Phantom Stang
01-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Missed the train????? If he stays, then obviously he didn't want on the train. If it was about money he'd have left long ago. And, BTW Troybuilt, speaking of horse's mouths, the term horse's A$$ seems to come to mind.
Oh my!

BEAST
01-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I never said it was a current Brownwood coach. Maybe he is wrong, but just wait....

BEAST

NateDawg39
01-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I never said it was a current Brownwood coach. Maybe he is wrong, but just wait....

BEAST Wait for what, more rumors to fly out? lol

squid
01-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Barbers Hill is moving on and Hugh has missed the train.

Allllllll aboard! Next stop, Barbers Hill! Home to perpetual petroleum refinery odors, mosquitos and hurricanes.........Allllll aboard!

NastySlot
01-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by squid
Allllllll aboard! Next stop, Barbers Hill! Home to perpetual petroleum refinery odors, mosquitos and hurricanes.........Allllll aboard!

idk if barbers hill gets all of its money from petroleum....someone told me it sits on a salt dome....i've passed through once on the way to louisiana...it was that bad a place...nice facilities have traditionally they have competed well in all sports.

Troybuilt
01-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Nice post, especially coming from a banker.

nobogey72
01-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Nice post, especially coming from a banker.

Shouldn't you be delivering a baby or doing one of those "extended exams" you're known for instead of jacking around on the computer?

ccmom
01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey Beast....

What is your source saying today? :confused:

Hmmmmm:thinking:

:D

injuredinmelee
01-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Hey Beast....

What is your source saying today? :confused:

Hmmmmm:thinking:

:D

its only a level 1 source (coffee refill lady at whataburger)

wyliegrad04
01-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 @01:23pm CST

Wylie head football coach Hugh Sandifer is staying put.

Coach Sandifer told Superintendent Joey Light today that he is staying at Wylie High School.

Light told Bigcountryhomepage.com Sports today, that he and Sandifer have an agreement in principle on a new deal.

In 24 years as the Bulldogs head coach, Sandifer has led Wylie to 211 wins, 3 appearances in the State Championship game, and 1 State Championship.

TinyTim
01-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 @01:23pm CST

Wylie head football coach Hugh Sandifer is staying put.

Coach Sandifer told Superintendent Joey Light today that he is staying at Wylie High School.

Light told Bigcountryhomepage.com Sports today, that he and Sandifer have an agreement in principle on a new deal.

In 24 years as the Bulldogs head coach, Sandifer has led Wylie to 211 wins, 3 appearances in the State Championship game, and 1 State Championship.

Congratulations Gentlemen. Nicely Done.

slingshot
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
So everyone can relax.!!!! He will not pull the trigger! Good call... :cool:

wyliegrad04
01-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Abilene Reporter News article ....

-------------------------------

Hugh's staying: Wylie football coach-AD turns down Barbers Hill
By Daniel Youngblood

Posted January 14, 2010 at 3:48 p.m.

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill will have to look elsewhere for its next head football coach-athletic director.

Wylie’s Hugh Sandifer confirmed Thursday he is no longer a candidate to replace Don Price for the Barbers Hill job.

Sandifer, who was flown with his wife, Brenda, to Mont Belvieu said after considering his options, he will be staying at the school that gave him his start in coaching. Sandifer completed his 24th season as football coach and AD.

“I’ve got a great job and I think Wylie’s been a great place for myself and my family,” Sandifer said. “That was flattering from the other school, but I’ve got a great situation here.”

wyliefan
01-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Here is the full article.

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill will have to look elsewhere for its next head football coach-athletic director.

Wylie’s Hugh Sandifer confirmed Thursday he has taken himself out of the running to replace Don Price at Barbers Hill.

Sandifer, who was flown with his wife, Brenda, to Mont Belvieu on a private plane last week, said after considering his options, he will be staying at the school that gave him his start in coaching.

“I’ve got a great job and I think Wylie’s been a great place for myself and my family,” Sandifer said. “That was flattering from the other school, but I’ve got a great situation here and have always enjoyed and loved being here.”

Sandifer, a 1978 graduate of Abilene Christian University, has been at Wylie since 1979 and holds a 211-80-4 record in 24 seasons as the school’s football coach. He formerly coached the boys basketball team.

Under Sandifer, the Bulldogs have been one of the most successful programs in Class 3A. Wylie has claimed at least a share of 11 district titles, reached the playoffs 16 straight years and played in three state championship games — winning in 2004, and losing the 2000 and 2009 state finals.

Barbers Hill is a 4A school.

“Obviously, it was a tough decision in a way due to the fact of how much time we have invested here, my family and myself,” Sandifer said. “There are lots of things that weigh heavy on a decision like that. I don’t make it a habit of going to visit places for that reason.

“I’ve been very loyal and this was just kind of an intriguing deal. I never approached them. Every bit of it came from them to me. We did what we felt we wanted to do and then made a decision.”

Wylie Superintendant Joey Light said keeping Sandifer at Wylie has been priority No. 1 since Sandifer confirmed he was a candidate for the Barbers Hill position.

Internet chatter last week identified Sandifer as a leading candidate for the Barbers Hill opening.

“We definitely think he’s one of the best football coaches in the state, but we also think that he’s one of the best athletic directors, and he’s a great ambassador for Wylie schools across the state,” Light said. “When you think of Wylie schools, you think of Coach Sandifer.

“It was just one of those situations that it was a unanimous feeling that we needed to keep him, from the school board to the community to former players. We’re glad to say that that’s the case.”

Discussions leading up to Sandifer’s decision to stay included contract talks for Sandifer and his staff, Light said.

“Of course we just felt like we needed to see what it would take to get him to stay here, and there’s a lot of little things that we talked about,” he said. “We’re just thrilled that we could come to an understanding on some things that would do that.”

Light said Sandifer will receive a pay increase but that details of the raise still are being worked out. The 24-year Wylie coach had an annual salary of $91,000.

Price, Barbers Hill’s second-winningest coach with a 99-35 record in 11 seasons, was reportedly making $98,800 at the time of his resignation. The school was said to be offering Sandifer around $100,000.

“The way I look at it is you can’t blame Coach Sandifer for taking a look at a situation as they proposed it to him,” Light said. “He’s got his family to look after as well, so it was never a contentious situation at all. We just needed to evaluate the whole situation. That’s what happened and we feel like we’re moving in the right direction.”

BHBrave08
01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Now that Sandifer has turned down the job at BH they are looking elsewhere. I heard that Andy Evans from Tatum has been on campus at BH twice this week.

bowleghorses
01-15-2010, 03:11 PM
sorry

bowleghorses
01-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Brainfart...Andy's dad was a great Football coach at Barbers Hill . How has Andy been doing as a coach.