PDA

View Full Version : Haiti Earthquake- A Human tragedy of Epic Proportions

Bullaholic
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
The Haitian earthquake may turn out be one the greatest human tragedies in history....The people in Haiti are among the poorest in the world. I hope that the world will come together as a community and do everything necessary to relieve the suffering of these poor people...I just pray that the loss of human life is not as great as initially feared.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/13/haiti.earthquake/index.html

DDBooger
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Haitian earthquake may turn out be one the greatest human tragedies in history....The people in Haiti are among the poorest in the world. I hope that the world will come together as a community and do everything necessary to relieve the suffering of these poor people...I just pray that the loss of human life is not as great as initially feared.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/13/smallbusiness/cash_balance_pension_plan/index.htm a 7.0 earthquake in that place would flatten it all to the ground. Hell, I didn't even know Haiti sat in a quake zone. My first thought was if it is off the coast could it cause a Tsunami in the gulf. Imagine that.

JJWalker
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I agree entirely.

Peace.

big daddy russ
01-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Definitely.

Keep those people in your prayers. Haiti is the only country in the Western Hemisphere that is poor and underdeveloped enough to be considered "fourth-world" (Afghanistan, Ethiopa, Rwanda are also fourth-world countries).

That disaster happened at one inopportune time and place for those folks. Just as the government there was beginning to stabilize, this happens. Haiti's endured decades of ruthless dictatorship and then the whole Aristide debacle. Tragedies like this put a complete stop to the democratic process because people are looking for immediate help (survival mentality) wherever they can get it.

Like Bull and everyone else, I'd ask everyone to pray for those not fortunate enough to live in a country as stable and safe as ours. Their road to recovery is a long and hard one. Think about this: New Orleans still hasn't completely recovered from Katrina despite tons of volunteer hours, hundreds of billions of dollars, and the support of the richest nation on Earth.

I pray that the Haitians that were involved in this disaster have their basic needs met by good-hearted people around the world. I also know that you can't find anyone with a bigger heart than a Texan.