kepdawg
01-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Will he? Should he?

kaorder1999
01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
i bet he doesnt......

LE Dad
01-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Smart move on Vols part, but I don't think he will go.

coach
01-13-2010, 12:31 AM
im going to go out on a limb and say yeah...he goes

Tx Challenge
01-13-2010, 12:36 AM
A good friend and member on here have had this debate.

No the Vols have no chance. Will makes a ton of money at Texas as a DC. The Tn Vols are not a fit.

Taking everything in consideration, No matter what his contract states, I dont think Mushcamp ever will be the HC at Texas, UNLESS Brown retires or becomes the A.D. in the next couple of years.

Will grew up in Ga, played for Ga, He is a SEC Guy. If this opening were at Georgia, I think he would give it consideration

Old Tiger
01-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Don't know why he would want to go to Tennessee when he knows he'll be the next coach of the Horns.

The grass is a hell of a lot greener on the other side at Texas than at Tennessee and Muschamp knows that but I've seen stranger things in my day. Right now I think he stays at Texas.

I don't think Mack will full fill the rest of his 7 year contract anyway and I think he retires at age 60.

Maroon87
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
What kind of buyout would be involved, since Muschamp is HC-in-waiting at Texas?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
What kind of buyout would be involved, since Muschamp is HC-in-waiting at Texas?:thinking:

I dont think there is a buy out

bigwood33
01-13-2010, 09:09 AM
The Tennessee job is great job and I can't imagine that he will stay in Austin. If I were a betting man I would bet that he goes.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
The Tennessee job is great job and I can't imagine that he will stay in Austin. If I were a betting man I would bet that he goes.

It was open last year and he was not interested then..not sure how great it is of a job compared to Texas
At Tennessee, you have to recruit regionally to contend. At Texas, you don't even have to leave the state for a pipeline of talent

Old Tiger
01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
What kind of buyout would be involved, since Muschamp is HC-in-waiting at Texas?:thinking: The UT AD doesn't do buy outs.

Tx Challenge
01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Anything is possible, but I still say he stays put for now. He is a good coach so that is why his name is coming up so often. I do think the guy intends on taking over for Brown. Just think at some point he is going to find an offer too tempting and jump ship.

Here is where I am coming from. The guy is relatively young. Look at his history. He has moved around a lot. He was the DC at LSU when they won the title. Nick takes him to the NFL and then he came back to Auburn, now to Texas. It is obvious the guy has ambition and wants to move up. UT is a good place to be at this point. They have talent, and should be a contender for the next few years.

For now I think he is happy. The question is will he feel this way in 2-3 years? He makes unreal money at TX, so it is going to take lots of this to lure him away. Also, suppose UT has a bad year along the way Suppose the defense is to blame. Are they going to want to turn over the HC to an inexperienced guy? Just throwing it out there. I like Mushcamp. UT fan or not, he is fun to watch..

BreckTxLonghorn
01-13-2010, 10:17 AM
If it was this time last year, I'd be a bit nervous, and that's not to say I feel 100% comfortable. But Mus turned down Auburn last year, the school he'd just left and a school where everybody loved him. Also, as TxB said, he could've had Tennessee last year and said no. That makes me think he's pretty set at Texas unless there's an offer he can't refuse. Considering he makes $1MM a year just to focus on defense, it's gotta be a huge offer.

I think he ends up taking over the Horns in the next 5 years. If Texas would have won the NC, I saw DeLoss (AD) retiring and Mack taking over AD, Davis retiring, and Muschamp moving to HC/DC with Major as OC. I still think that happens in 4 years. My honest opinion is Mack plays out the string with GG, and maybe Connor Wood, and if there's not another NC in that, he moves to AD.

Tx Challenge
01-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
If it was this time last year, I'd be a bit nervous, and that's not to say I feel 100% comfortable. But Mus turned down Auburn last year, the school he'd just left and a school where everybody loved him. Also, as TxB said, he could've had Tennessee last year and said no. That makes me think he's pretty set at Texas unless there's an offer he can't refuse. Considering he makes $1MM a year just to focus on defense, it's gotta be a huge offer.

I think he ends up taking over the Horns in the next 5 years. If Texas would have won the NC, I saw DeLoss (AD) retiring and Mack taking over AD, Davis retiring, and Muschamp moving to HC/DC with Major as OC. I still think that happens in 4 years. My honest opinion is Mack plays out the string with GG, and maybe Connor Wood, and if there's not another NC in that, he moves to AD.

Great points. I think that is the plan for now. UT is loaded with talent the next few years. They will be a force to deal with.

It is also hard to argue with that. We are saying a lot of the same things. My point is no team will stay on top forever. UT is on an up cycle and why would Brown not ride out the wave? The hard work is done IMO. No doubt he has a great recruiting quality.

Muschcamp has a great job at this point. Tx is a better place to be than TN. I simply thing the lure of something else will grab Mush if Brown stays on another 4 years..

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I really dont think Brown will move into the AD spot..he might, but I just dont see it.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I really dont think Brown will move into the AD spot..he might, but I just dont see it.

I can understand that train of thought, but he's so well known and so well-liked around here that I think he could assemble a staff to do most of the leg work and simply make decisions and b the face of the program. That's always been the word in Austin that Mack will take AD, kind of like a semi-retirement so he can ease into doing nothing and still be an active mentor to Muschamp. Only time will tell though.

I truly believe Mack will not just retire. IMO, He either takes the AD, or runs for Senate. Seriously.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I can understand that train of thought, but he's so well known and so well-liked around here that I think he could assemble a staff to do most of the leg work and simply make decisions and b the face of the program. That's always been the word in Austin that Mack will take AD, kind of like a semi-retirement so he can ease into doing nothing and still be an active mentor to Muschamp. Only time will tell though.

I truly believe Mack will not just retire. IMO, He either takes the AD, or runs for Senate. Seriously.

Agreed. Like Osbourne after he left Nebraska.

BwdLions
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
One of the paid sites I am a member on confirned that Muschamp is getting a raise and staying at Texas.