PDA

View Full Version : Hey FarmersFan

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
IRVING -- A third quarter interception by Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins turned into a sideshow in the NFC wild card game victory over the Eagles on Saturday. Jenkins, after picking off a Donovan McNabb pass, tried to lateral it to another teammate.

The loose ball was recovered by Eagles wide receiver Reggie Brown.

Jenkins' play seemed to upset coach Wade Phillips, who said those types of mistakes are a carryover from practices.

The Cowboys cornerbacks want to lateral the ball after getting interceptions in practice. Phillips said he's tore into the players for doing that.

"We've been on them all year, that's something we don't do," he said. "I've stopped practice before, I know it's surprisingly, berated some people for lateraling the ball. When we get it we need to keep it, I know it looks good, I saw Baltimore do it, but more times than not, it's hard enough to get the football, so just keep it when we get it. Our offense is good enough to take it from there."
==============================================

Just shows that just because YOU dont see it, does not mean Phillips does not get on his players about mistakes