PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboy Roller Coaster

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 09:57 AM
We've all ridden the Cowboy roller coaster week-to-week all season long, and I find myself as a lifelong Cowboy's fan, asking where I come down on the Cowboys. One week I want everybody's head to roll from the owner on down and the next week I'm singing their praises and talking Superbowl. But through it all I have never given up on the Cowboys in 50 years---and I don't think I ever would---I might threaten, but I'll never do it. Any of you do the same thing?

lostaussie
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I used to let it bother me.............now I just take it for what it is and enjoy the wins when they come.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
We've all ridden the Cowboy roller coaster week-to-week all season long, and I find myself as a lifelong Cowboy's fan, asking where I come down on the Cowboys. One week I want everybody's head to roll from the owner on down and the next week I'm singing their praises and talking Superbowl. But through it all I have never given up on the Cowboys in 50 years---and I don't think I ever would---I might threaten, but I'll never do it. Any of you do the same thing?

I am a cowboys fan through thick and thin.....which is why I started this thread a couple of years ago.

You never were!!!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=91494&highlight=cowboys)

pirate4state
01-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I gave up on the season on December 6th. :D

I was getting way to pissed about us losing, so I decided from that moment on to expect them to lose, that way if they won...I'd be pleasantly surprised. They lost the following week, but since then, have kept me pleasantly surprised.

GO COWBOYS!

Eagle Eyes
01-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I used to let it bother me.............now I just take it for what it is and enjoy the wins when they come.

:ditto:

TheDOCTORdre
01-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm relatively a youngster so when I was growing up it was way to easy to be a fan and I was one and was privelaged with 3 Super Bowl wins and pretty spoiled. And then somethng happened as I grew older, there was a 13 yeard layoff without a playoff victory, nonetheless I would not give up on the 'Boys, there have been times tha it has been good, bad, and ugly but I always knew the 'Boys would be back and I wanted to be there when it happened. I was 11 the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game and now I am 24and I can honestly say I've stuck with them all along. One of the wrst feelings is when the Boys are having a bad season and it comes Christmas time and you get a Cowboys t-shirt/hat/watch or something and you're thnkng well thats great I get to wear this fr about a week before the seasons over :D

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I think the "roller coaster" perception is created by the 24/7 influx of Sports Radio, online newspapers, blogs, espn, NFL networks and "experts"with instant commentary.

We will see a team either buried, or hailed as the next great team until that team wins or loses then all the experts swing to other extreme.

For once I would love to hear an expert say, we will have to see how the rest of the season plays out. To much is decided by the experts on one game, they jump to conclusions, then in the next week will backtrack and jump the other way.

Maroon87
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the "roller coaster" perception is created by the 24/7 influx of Sports Radio, online newspapers, blogs, espn, NFL networks and "experts"with instant commentary.

Exactly. A month ago it was all about how they couldn't win games in December and how they couldn't win in the playoffs. Now the same guys are handing them the Lombardi Trophy...:hand:

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Exactly. A month ago it was all about how they couldn't win games in December and how they couldn't win in the playoffs. Now the same guys are handing them the Lombardi Trophy...:hand:

this week, Maroon87...:D

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM

I give Trent Dilfer a ton of credit..he has been saying ALL december dont think this is the "same old" Cowboys and that they would be a force in the play-offs. He was basically laughed off the segment after the SD game, but he kept saying Dallas is the best team in the NFC.

MJMbrahmas10
01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
personally im annoyed of all the new fans....dallas pretty much went from the most hated to the favorite team

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 01:12 PM
You guys have lost your minds! All the December "Hype" was earned! It wasn't media driven or fair weather fans getting out of line. IT WAS EARNED!!!!! And commentators all over tv are jumping on the Cowboys band wagon for one reason and one reason only: THEY ARE PLAYING GREAT FOOTBALL!!!! When everyone was predicting the Cowboys to fail it was because that is exactly what the Cowboys had shown they would likely do. Get it?
I for one consider myself a analytical person. If the team loses I cannot simply say oh' well maybe next week. I want to know why and I want to know what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again. I don't give professional athletes making millions of dollars much ley-way. At this level they should know how to do their job. An example is during the last game some of the Dallas defense started making horrible, immature mistakes and getting stupid penalties. TX called me on it for being negative during a blowout game. I wanted it to STOP right now!!!! Not because it would cost them the game today! But because it may very well cost them the game NEXT WEEK!!!!!! People are creatures of habit. Laugh off an attempted latteral by Jenkins in a blowout game and you can expect an attempted latteral by Jenkins in a close game some time in the future. I wanted the coach to get knee deep in his ARSE to make sure he gets the message so it doesn't happen again....

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM

Until they do it then isn't it correct that they "CAN'T"?????

BullsFan
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I come from at least 3 generations of Cowboys fans, so it wasn't likely I was going to be anything else. But my personal obsession..er, love of the Cowboys began in the late 80s/early 90s. Troy Aikman, Darryl Johnston, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Charles Haley, Tony Casillas, Ken Norton Jr., Russell Maryland...I could go on and on. My love for the Cowboys has never wavered, although my faith and confidence in them has certainly been shaken. And there are probably a host of bandwagon fans who have attached themselves to the Cowboys' rising star this season, but I know they won't know a fraction of the satisfaction I feel every time the Cowboys pull out a big win.

(And having been a fan of the Cowboys during the that time, I have to say that beating Philly three times in a row including one postseason game? Niiiiiice. One of my most enduring memories of those years is the Bounty Bowl.)

Green Bling
01-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm a Cowboy fan for life. Many years I just can't explain it. Can't stand JJ and never will, win or lose! But it must just be in my DNA! Love those, Boys!!

Ranger Mom
01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
My love for the Cowboys has never wavered, although my faith and confidence in them has certainly been shaken. And there are probably a host of bandwagon fans who have attached themselves to the Cowboys' rising star this season, but I know they won't know a fraction of the satisfaction I feel every time the Cowboys pull out a big win.

EXACTLY!!! I couldn't have said it any better!!!:clap: :clap: