PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please!

CHS_CG
01-11-2010, 02:44 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/81099007.html

As many of you know I work for the College Station Police Department, and yesterday morning one of our own was very badly injured. Officer Tracy Sheets was in accident with the other car hitting her head on. She is in Scott and White in Temple, with several broken bones. I posted the story above that our local news is running. The driver of the car was traveling at approx 90-100mph and was very intoxicated. Please pray for Tracy and she is going to have a long hard recovery and it is very likely she will not be able to return to patrol due to the damage caused by this reckless 21 year old. If you get a chance, watch the video that KBTX has.. It has a picture of her patrol car and a picture of the other car that hit her, though the pictures do not due it justice. Officer Sheets is very lucky to be alive tonight!

Also as a small reminder, these men and women are out on the streets, protecting everyday citizens like you and I, and risking their lives. Officer are not out to see how many arrests can be made or to pick on the public, or make somebodys life difficult. We are lucky to have such caring men and women!

pirate4state
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Prayers for Tracy.

44INAROW
01-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Hope she makes a full recovery.. I am interested in how the story unfolds. Who loans someone a Maserate (sp) that they obviously just bought?

CHS_CG
01-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hope she makes a full recovery.. I am interested in how the story unfolds. Who loans someone a Maserate (sp) that they obviously just bought?

Lorey that is what we are trying to figure out. We are hearing it was boyfriends and he didnt know she had it.. but we can not confrim that for sure yet.

The girl KBTX interviewed, April, called yesterday wanting her purse, when we told her she couldnt have it back yet, she got very upset with us. We also had a call from who said they were a tow truck driver from Houston, asking if he could come pick up the car for insurance purposes... but it sounded a bit to fishy.. even for a tow truck driver.

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Can you say "maserate" on here...? :D

Prayers for the full recovery of this officer---the men and women in the blue are the only people between us and some very bad people out there.

OldBison75
01-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Prayers are coming from Navasota. As a former peace officer, I have a tremendous respect for the dangers that those in the patrol field face everyday. It is so often that the stupidity of a single person can damage or destroy the lives of so many others.

I hope that the men and women of the CSPD will recognize that the majority of people are there to support you and will bravely continue to move forward while praying for and supporting each other.

God Bless You and may he hold this injured officer in his healing hands.

Phil C
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Prayers from Sinton for a full recovery.

CHS_CG
01-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Update:

Tonight we got a warrant for Ms. Ford and hopefully will be able to pick her up from the hospital when she is released tomorrow. Her BAC was indeed over the legal limit.. as we already knew... KBTX also has a new story posted.. here is the link

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/81178732.html

Also say another prayer for Tracy, she has another surgery tomorrow to fuse a bone in her hip to keep her hip from popping out of place. This will help the situation for now, but later in life she is going to need a hip replacement. She is in good spirits considering the situation. Thank you to everybody who has prayed thus far and please keep them coming!

Ranger Mom
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

Also say another prayer for Tracy, she has another surgery tomorrow to fuse a bone in her hip to keep her him from popping out of place.

She is still in my prayers!!

I must admit thought, the above quote gave me a great laugh....I had to read it several times to figure out what you were talking about.

"to keep her him from popping out":eek:

CHS_CG
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She is still in my prayers!!

I must admit thought, the above quote gave me a great laugh....I had to read it several times to figure out what you were talking about.

"to keep her him from popping out":eek:

Opps that should say HIP... forgive me, I was tired.... can somebody fix that for me

CHS_CG
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Update:

Tracy underwent surgery to fix her hit and her ankle today. It lasted about 6 hours but everything went well. She is in a lot of pain which is to be expected. She may be out as soon as 5 days! Thank you to everybody who has sent prayers, but we aren't out of the woods yet.. she still has a long road ahead!

bobcat4life
01-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Update:

Tracy underwent surgery to fix her hit and her ankle today. It lasted about 6 hours but everything went well. She is in a lot of pain which is to be expected. She may be out as soon as 5 days! Thank you to everybody who has sent prayers, but we aren't out of the woods yet.. she still has a long road ahead! great news! we will continue to pray for Tracy and thanks for providing updates

CHS_CG
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Update:

Today Tracy should be moved to rehab today and is doing good. They have her doing some moving around but not having her put alot of weight on her leg yet. She will go up to Arlington for rehab, as that is where her family is. Things look to be moving in the right direction. Tracy is a very strong woman, and things are looking good. We still are unsure if she will ever get to come back to patrol, due to the damage that was done in the accident, but we are hoping and praying she will and this hasnt ended her career. Thank you to everybody who has sent prayers to Tracy. They really do work and I am very thankful!

bobcat4life
01-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Update:

Today Tracy should be moved to rehab today and is doing good. They have her doing some moving around but not having her put alot of weight on her leg yet. She will go up to Arlington for rehab, as that is where her family is. Things look to be moving in the right direction. Tracy is a very strong woman, and things are looking good. We still are unsure if she will ever get to come back to patrol, due to the damage that was done in the accident, but we are hoping and praying she will and this hasnt ended her career. Thank you to everybody who has sent prayers to Tracy. They really do work and I am very thankful! it sounds like she is doing very well for somebody in this situation.

Green Bling
01-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Please let Tracy know that sports fans all over the state are concerned about her and praying for her full recovery.

CHS_CG
01-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Tracy has been moved to Arlington and is settled into her rehab facility. She is in good spirits and is learning how to move around in a wheelchair. She will be there for many months to come, learning how to walk again. Her family and extended family @ CSPD is very thankful for all the prayers and well wishes.

On Alex Ford, she was arrested and bonded out last Friday. Some info has been released to the media. Alex's BAC was over 2x the legal limit, she admitted to driving and hitting Tracy and she also admitted to having 7 drinks, though she didnt say what she was drinking. 2 of her friends that were in the car as well, told officers right before the accident Alex was driving about 80mph, which the speed limit in the area she was is 30mph. TABC is also investigating how and why Alex was served so much alcohol.

I will keep you guys updated what happens with the case, as info is released to the public of course, and thank you guys again for the prayers. Tracy still has a hard road ahead of her but the worse seems to behind her.

SHSBulldog00
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Prayers sent!

lvbears32
01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
prayers from la vernia

bobcat4life
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
were still praying for Tracy up here. How is she doing now?

CHS_CG
02-02-2010, 01:35 AM
She is good, they transfered her from the rehab center to her sisters house due to the fact that they do not want her putting to much weight on her legs right now, so rehab is kind of out of the question until some of the swelling goes down. Once they doctors give her the ok, they will transfer her back to rehab where she will be staying. We are having a bbq benefit for her on Feb 19th here in College Station. We also have a fund set up people who want to help but can't make it to the bbq. If anybody is interested PM me your email address and I will forward you the email with the info in it. Thanks again guys for the prayers! We are looking forward to getting Tracy better!

lvbears32
02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
She is good, they transfered her from the rehab center to her sisters house due to the fact that they do not want her putting to much weight on her legs right now, so rehab is kind of out of the question until some of the swelling goes down. Once they doctors give her the ok, they will transfer her back to rehab where she will be staying. We are having a bbq benefit for her on Feb 19th here in College Station. We also have a fund set up people who want to help but can't make it to the bbq. If anybody is interested PM me your email address and I will forward you the email with the info in it. Thanks again guys for the prayers! We are looking forward to getting Tracy better!

thank god! i hope the bbq is a success

CHS_CG
05-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Update:

Tracy has come back home to College Station. She is walking with a boot and crutches but is getting around on her own and can even drive her truck (which she only had for 3 weeks before the accident). She is even able to walk some without the crutches. The doctor thinks with in a month she will be out of the boot. It still seems like it will be after July though before she is able to return to work on Light Duty. Thanks again for everybodys prayers and thoughts for Tracy!

zebrablue2
05-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Update:

Tracy has come back home to College Station. She is walking with a boot and crutches but is getting around on her own and can even drive her truck (which she only had for 3 weeks before the accident). She is even able to walk some without the crutches. The doctor thinks with in a month she will be out of the boot. It still seems like it will be after July though before she is able to return to work on Light Duty. Thanks again for everybodys prayers and thoughts for Tracy!

great news, very happy for her!!

Green Bling
05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
This wonderful news, CHS_CG!! She is a very courageous lady! Continued prayers for her complete recovery.