PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 Baseball 3A teams --based on strenght of teams not divided by Regional splits

Old Cardinal
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
1st place tie.. Orangefield & Bridge City
3. Jasper
4. West
5.Carthage
6.Sinton
7. Lubbock Estacado
8 Lufkin Hudson
9. Giddings
10. Lucas Lovejoy
11. Spring Hill
12 Huffman-Hargrave
13. TX Pleasant Grove
14. Cameron Yoe
15. Celina
16.-17 tie....Silsbee &
Abliene Wylie
18. Farmersville
19. Madisonville
20. Robstown

pirate4state
01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Is this your top 20? you have Sinton wayyyy to high. We only have 1 starter returning and he will be late getting out because of basketball, but thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)

Spread It Out
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Giddings should be #1, IMO.

LE Dad
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
PG is loaded:D

Old Cardinal
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I had it that Sinton has one great group of newcomers....I too trust your judgment however.

And yes, TX Pleasant Grove is loaded...OK I am easy and that might all be in order

Let's trade--put TX P G IN 6th PLACE AND PUT SINTON IN 13th SPOT--ok?

sinfan75
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Sinton will be very inexperienced next year. Good but inexperienced.

LE Dad
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I had it that Sinton has one great group of newcomers....I too trust your judgment however.

And yes, TX Pleasant Grove is loaded...OK I am easy and that might all be in order

Let's trade--put TX P G IN 6th PLACE AND PUT SINTON IN 13th SPOT--ok? You have no idea how physically ill that made me to post that. Lol

Old Cardinal
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes, But I know where you are coming from.....:D

WILDGOBBLERCAT
01-12-2010, 12:43 AM
It's sad not seeing Cuero in the top 20, but I'm betting we'll be there before it's all over. I think our JV was close to being undefeated (if not) and we do have one heck of a coach.

hookandladder
01-12-2010, 10:01 AM
If Giddings has another pitcher step up, they will be hard to beat this year. I would be will to bet when playoffs roll around in the later rounds Giddings will try for a 1 game playoff, just like La Grange did in the Homer years.

Old Cardinal
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
To H and L: What does LaGrange Baseball & Softball look like IYO?

snake_attack
01-16-2010, 05:40 PM
No way should Madisonville be on the list.

44INAROW
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by WILDGOBBLERCAT
It's sad not seeing Cuero in the top 20, but I'm betting we'll be there before it's all over. I think our JV was close to being undefeated (if not) and we do have one heck of a coach.

True - we lost alot but Coach Holder is a great coach and he'll get the team ready to go. Looking forward to another good baseball season..

GO MEAN GREEN

Yoe_09
01-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack
No way should Madisonville be on the list.

I would have to agree with that...they went 2-17 and 0-12 in district according to 3abaseball. They should be improved with 6 returning starters but are not top 20 quality until they prove it.

Old Cardinal
01-16-2010, 10:58 PM
To Yoe, I saw just a little of the Yoe vs Madisonville last year....and I think they both have the coaching to get these teams competitive.

I was impressed with Yoe's SB team later that night. The Catcher and Pitcher were premium for Juniors. They also had a number of fast younger girls; in fact, they had the fastest Freshman I have ever seen in a SB game.

Also, If Yoe does in fact drop to 2A next year they could well be contenders in SB & BB and maybe even VB.

bobcat4life
01-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Brownwood should be number #1 and #2. They are the best at everything they do, and only Brownwood can beat Brownwood:redxpoke: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Buffgal
01-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Giddings is a complete team:

Pitching (more than one FYI, but Masek will be dominating)

Defense (the # double plays by the Marlow middle infield, I lost count & it's not too smart to try to steal a base)

Hitting (over 40 HRS as a team last year, team avg about .400)

Not too deep so we'll need the luck and health to stay on our side but are absolutely loaded in senior leadership. These guys are so excited for their "Friday Night Lights' to begin. With three players already signed for college ball.....a talented bunch of guys to have on a 3A team.

Buffs are going to do great. They got a feel for the State Tournament and are aiming for it again this year.

Been their team mom since they were five years old, Can't wait for it to start and the fun to begin but I know that it will be one day closer to the end and that will be a bittersweet day for me.

Go Buffs Baseball..............have Donkey will travel.;) :clap: :clap:

buff4life
01-17-2010, 06:43 PM

Giddings also has a marlow that committed to A&M and can hit 90 also...after that your correct in the pitching department though

snake_attack
01-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Not sayin giddings cant hit the ball because yall can but yalls baseball field is really small.

Yoe_09
01-17-2010, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal
[B]To Yoe, I saw just a little of the Yoe vs Madisonville last year....and I think they both have the coaching to get these teams competitive.

I was impressed with Yoe's SB team later that night. The Catcher and Pitcher were premium for Juniors. They also had a number of fast younger girls; in fact, they had the fastest Freshman I have ever seen in a SB game.

Also, If Yoe does in fact drop to 2A next year they could well be contenders in SB & BB and maybe even VB.

I expect everyone in the district to improve besides maybe Taylor and Rockdale.

I think you might be thinking of the Sophomore catcher and pitcher from last year. This year the team will consist of basically all juniors and really no one else. There is also very good talent in the Freshmen and 8th grade classes right now as well that could end up being better. The SB team should compete for a district title this year as well.

I really see the VB team being vastly improved after a very good Regional Semi-final showing with a very young team.

Yoe_09
01-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Giddings should be pretty solid

Old Cardinal
01-17-2010, 10:15 PM
To Yoe 09 Please read my previous thread I was talking about the Softball team had a strong set of-- Catcher & Pitcher etc: lol

I know BC beat Cameron Yoe 13-3 in Baseball last year in the playoffs....but you have a good Coach and a number of better players, being a year older stepping up to the plate. You could have done quite well in some Regional settings.

If we meet again this year- we will have to pitch and hit well to prevail...

Yes I agree, the VB team took out one of our District playoff teams and played well in last seasons VB bracket playoffs!

Yoe_09
01-17-2010, 11:33 PM
To Yoe 09 Please read my previous thread I was talking about the Softball team had a strong set of-- Catcher & Pitcher etc: lol

I know BC beat Cameron Yoe 13-3 in Baseball last year in the playoffs....but you have a good Coach and a number of better players, being a year older stepping up to the plate. You could have done quite well in some Regional settings.

If we meet again this year- we will have to pitch and hit well to prevail...

Yes I agree, the VB team took out one of our District playoff teams and played well in last seasons VB bracket playoffs!

oops...sorry about that. Yeah this will need to be the year for the SB team in my opinion.

hookandladder
01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
To H and L: What does LaGrange Baseball & Softball look like IYO?

LG softball lost a number of quailty players that will be hard to replace however the Homer kid who is a Freshman will be an impact player this year will help right away. LG baseball lost 2 starting players with the main one being the Supak kid who was our Ace last, if the Schubert kid comes back strong after Tommy John surgery which was 2 years ago we should be in great shape to definitely make the playoffs. Really looking forward to baseball season this year.

baller375
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
I think LG and Yoe SB play each other at the Weimar Tournament. Should be a graet game.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Who all does A. Wylie bring back? I think they might be ranked a little high... I dont kno for sure yet if they are the best team in the district.

STANG RED
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Who all does A. Wylie bring back? I think they might be ranked a little high... I dont kno for sure yet if they are the best team in the district.

I dont really keep up with baseball very much, but was told by someone a few days back, that Sweetwater is actually picked to win the district. It shocked the crap out of me, and I have no idea how much truth there is to it, if any. But the person that told me that, is usually in the know as far as baseball matters. But I find it hard to believe myself. Do you know anything about how the district is picked?

Old Cardinal
01-18-2010, 05:03 PM
To Yoe 09: I saw the Catcher for your SB team as a Junior last year at a tryout for the LamarState-Port Arthur Seahawks team. She did quite well for a Junior and seems to have not yet reached her full potential at that point. I sure hope she can bring her Pitcher if she chooses to come and play down here in Lapland LOL.

Old Cardinal
01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Anyone like to hazard a poll on here for 3A Softball?

I will get it stated I would pick a tie at this time between two 22-3a teams for first place.

TIE for #1 Huffman-Hargrave & Splendora.......now that ought to get it started LOL LOL

Mojado
01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Giddings is a complete team:

Pitching (more than one FYI, but Masek will be dominating)

Defense (the # double plays by the Marlow middle infield, I lost count & it's not too smart to try to steal a base)

Hitting (over 40 HRS as a team last year, team avg about .400)

Not too deep so we'll need the luck and health to stay on our side but are absolutely loaded in senior leadership. These guys are so excited for their "Friday Night Lights' to begin. With three players already signed for college ball.....a talented bunch of guys to have on a 3A team.

Buffs are going to do great. They got a feel for the State Tournament and are aiming for it again this year.

Been their team mom since they were five years old, Can't wait for it to start and the fun to begin but I know that it will be one day closer to the end and that will be a bittersweet day for me.

Go Buffs Baseball..............have Donkey will travel.;) :clap: :clap:

LMAO...they should win it all shouldn't they? Their best players quit football to put their eggs in the baseball basket...correct?

baller375
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal
[B]To Yoe 09: I saw the Catcher for your SB team as a Junior last year at a tryout for the LamarState-Port Arthur Seahawks team. She did quite well for a Junior and seems to have not yet reached her full potential at that point. I sure hope she can bring her Pitcher if she chooses to come and play down here in Lapland

Sorry but the pitcher is going to Abilene Christain University. The cather is still up for grabs. How do you see this district, 24-3A. I got this from a good source.

Old Cardinal
01-18-2010, 11:58 PM
WOW glad the Pitcher has secured a good college scholarship!
I just don't know what Lamars' JUCO has to offer at this point. They picked up Valerie Brown a Senior this year from Bridge City that catches for a prime Select team. She may just be a shoo-in for All State this season.......

Samantha Lunceford is presently a great Soph. Catcher that hails out of Port Neches-Groves and she was instrumental in leading many Beaumont Blast teams to the top of national bracketry play at different age groups.

Again on Val, she is also a HS State Champion Powerlifter.......AND HS National Champion 198# Powerlifter(this was as a HS Junior)

Valerie chooses to play locally in college SB for two years.

I look for Valerie to set Powerlifting records continually and end up on the USA Olympic team--if they have the event. Meanwhile, she will continue to knock HRs way out of the park.

hookandladder
01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by baller375
I think LG and Yoe SB play each other at the Weimar Tournament. Should be a graet game.

If this tournament is before basketball is done then LG will not be very strong also pretty sure a starter from last year is not playing this year to focus on Volleyball. This years team will have some huge holes to fill, SS,Catcher,3rd,C,LF, the pitching will be solid with both starters back from last year however scoring runs might be prety hard. As stated above til basketball is over they will be missing a couple of impact players.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont really keep up with baseball very much, but was told by someone a few days back, that Sweetwater is actually picked to win the district. It shocked the crap out of me, and I have no idea how much truth there is to it, if any. But the person that told me that, is usually in the know as far as baseball matters. But I find it hard to believe myself. Do you know anything about how the district is picked?

I dont know how the district is picked but nothing is out of the question. I think yall return a lot of starters and I know Snyder does. B'wood will be tough! The Mcshan kid is pretty good. And of course A. Wylie will be decent! The two i dont know much about is graham and breck...

Old Cardinal
01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Let's start a listing of MPH for Pitchers across the state.....Please us the--gold standard--Crow Hop Drill method...That is; whereby, the Pitcher throws with all the power he can muster. I have- Jugs Radar- results garnered by THE ZONE run by Coach SAM Moore on two Bridge City Pitchers & one of Orangefield pitcher.

Please add the speeds of Pitchers across Texas in 3A.....

Bridge City--Junior- Forrest Zoch 90
Bridge City--Senior- Matt Hicks 94
Orangefield--Senior- Chase Angelle 87

Please include all others that you have accurate information to share.....

Mojado
01-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Pancho Villa - 72...:D

Gobbler Fan
01-22-2010, 10:45 AM
did you forgot the decimel point ? 7.2

baseballcoach13
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
did you forgot the decimel point ? 7.2

No, 72 is correct....We are talking about Mexican dinners Per Hour, right?

44INAROW
01-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
No, 72 is correct....We are talking about Mexican dinners Per Hour, right?
ROFL too funny.......... can't wait to see Pancho's reply...

baseballcoach13
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ROFL too funny.......... can't wait to see Pancho's reply...

I am sure he will have a good one....It will no doubt have at least one misspelled word, but funny none the less.

hookandladder
01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I am sure he will have a good one....It will no doubt have at least one misspelled word, but funny none the less.

Funny and most likely plain stupid.

Old Cardinal
01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Can any Pitchers across TXs beat Pancho's 72?

What can the Sinton, West, Spring Hill, Giddings and Jasper Pitchers throw?

BaseballUmp
01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack
Not sayin giddings cant hit the ball because yall can but yalls baseball field is really small.

Im gonna have to agree on this one

Buffgal
01-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Yes, Giddings field is very small, I think I remember in previous discussions it being described "popcorn park". Accurate description.

Last year Giddings played 35 games of high school baseball, only 5 of those games were home games.

(don't know the accuracy of this, just remembered one inning when Ty Marlow hit two, those kinds of AB's kinda just stick in your mind) anyway, of the 40 plus HR total maybe 5-10 were hit in the popcorn home park. Of my own kids personal total, one was hit at home, rest at legit sized fields like LaGrange, Columbus, Rockdale, I think he hit about 5. Brooks Marlow was knocking them over Texas Tech's big wall this summer, it was something to see, that much power from a pretty small package.

Have no idea what velocity/MPH Giddings pitcher Masek throws...

if I would venture to guess someone would start telling me that I don't know what I'm talkin about since I used to be a girl who never had any JUGS and all so I'll just say it is up there and quite adequately in the paint and that's why he signed with Texas Tech and that's why my kid has alot of bruises.

Old Cardinal
01-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Check with Masek; he will know his velocity via crow hop drills.

Well Gal at 68 years of age I am starting to get Jugs myself: but they are not pretty...LOL

Buffgal
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll ask him.

I remember at the Area Code Try Outs, he threw in from the outfield (I'm guessing these kind of crow hop drills you are referencing) and one of the TX Ranger guys had a radar gun and he yelled out 92. Is that JUGS?

Masek got pulled into the "save this bunch" group so I would guess that this # was a good one.

Same happened for my kid in the catchers drill, not the 92 #, but still the highest one called out for the POP thing down to second and he also made the first cut.
I would have to say that it was one of the most humid hot days of our summer baseball with a thunderstorm threatening and it felt like a steam sauna all day long.

Only advice I have rec'd about the 68 yrs old and other problems is make sure you wear a loose baseball t shirt. Seems to help. ;)

Old Cardinal
01-22-2010, 08:40 PM
To Buffgal: Actually the crow hop drills is thrown from the same distance as a legal pitch.
The thrower is allowed the liberty to come forward touching the rubber and deliver the ball with all his might....It's to measure his true potential.....usually the Pitcher throwing his fastball legally in a game would be about two MPH below this ultimate peak illegal speed throw--from the all-out possible arm speed optimized delivery.... The Jug radar speed is named after one of the best radar guns available on the market.....sold by Jug.

Buffgal
01-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Ok thanks for the explanation. What I saw was not a "crow hop drill" because I do know the difference between the outfield and the pitchers mound.

I'll ask Masek next time I see him.

Thanks also for being so polite in your explanation. It is appreciated.

Just a few more days til 1st day of baseball. Should be getting a really strong cold front any day now.

hookandladder
01-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Saw Masek pitch the other night, I would say he be hitting 80 atleast.

Old Cardinal
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM
H & L: Not questioning you......but do you maybe have a typo and mean 90 mph?

hookandladder
01-25-2010, 07:45 AM
H & L: Not questioning you......but do you maybe have a typo and mean 90 mph?

Just poking a little fun out there, yes he would definitely be around the 90 + mark. He has worked extremely hard to be where he is today, Giddings will be very hard to beat this year.

Old Cardinal
01-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Could you please take the time to post your HSs upcoming schedules?

Also what are the speeds of our various 3A Pitchers across the state?

Thank you

Yoe_09
01-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Schedule:

2010 Yoemen Baseball Schedule
Feb 8th Robinson Cameron 5:00 7:00
Feb 13th Killeen/Salado Killeen 10:00
Feb 13th Killeen/Salado Cameron 10:00
Feb 19th Thrall Thrall 5:00 7:00
Feb 20th Alumni Game Cameron TBD
Feb 23rd Cen Tex Cameron 5:00 7:00
Feb 25-27th Rivals Bell Classic Cameron/Rockdale TBD
Mar 1st Troy Cameron 5:00 7:00
Mar 4-6th Rogers Tournament Rogers TBD
Mar 4-6th West JV Tournment West TBD
Mar 9th * Taylor Cameron 5:00 7:00
Mar 11-13 Bridge City Varsity Tournament Bride City TBD
Mar 11-13 Waco ISD JV Tournament Waco TBD
Mar16th * @ Madisonville Madisonville 5:00 7:00
Mar 19th * Rudder Cameron 5:00 7:00
Mar 23rd * @ Navasota Navasota 5:00 7:00
Mar 27th * Caldwell Cameron 5:00 7:00
Mar 30th * Rockdale Cameron 5:00 7:00
April 1st * @ Taylor Taylor 5:00 7:00
April 6th Schulenburg Schulenburg 5:00 7:00
April 9th * Madisonville Cameron 5:00 7:00
April 13th * @ Rudder Bryan 5:00 7:00
April 16th ** Navasota Cameron 5:00 7:00
April 20th * @ Caldwell Caldwell 5:00 7:00
April 23rd * @ Rockdale Rockdale 5:00 7:00

Old Cardinal
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
WOW, March 11-12 in the BC Tournament! had an old schedule that said they would play each other at the Nederland Tournament.

Looking forward to seeing the Yoemen again!