PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams

Eagle Eyes
01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe........just maybe he has started to contribute.
Receivers vs Eagles (Playoff game)

Dallas Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
M. Austin 7 82 11.7 36 1 0
R. Williams 5 59 11.8 17 0 0
P. Crayton 3 34 11.3 18 0 0
F. Jones 1 30 30.0 30 0 0
J. Witten 4 27 6.8 18 0 0
T. Choice 1 6 6.0 6 0 0
K. Ogletree 1 5 5.0 5 0 0
J. Phillips 1 1 1.0 1 1 0

pirate4state
01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
He had big catches on 3rd down. Hope he keeps it up!

STANG RED
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
He was much better last night, but I'm not ready to jump off his back just yet. He kindof reverted back to his old ways later in the game. Lucky for him, the game was pretty well decided by then, so most didnt notice.

Green Bling
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I really think his turnaround started last week when he started considering that maybe he had something to work on himself instead of blaming someone else for his lack of success. Hope he can keep his focus where it belongs.

GreenMonster
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Keyshawn's book: "Throw Me The Damn Ball!"
Roy Williams' book: "Catch The Damn Ball!"

NateDawg39
01-10-2010, 01:28 PM
TO's book: Throw me the ball and catch the ball!

Charlie47
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm sure hoping Roy's got it worked out, I would like for him
to stay on the Cowboys, that's been his dream.;)

MJMbrahmas10
01-10-2010, 11:39 PM
i respect roy alot cause he knows its his fault and he doesnt try to blame others for his mistakes

Bearkat
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I like Roy Williams and I like Roy Williams with the COWBOYS. Here's what everyone has to understand. Roy is not the #1 WR in DALLAS. Sure he was given #1 money and the COWBOYS gave up draft picks like he was a #1, but he's not. Roy Williams is a very good #2, possession WR. Miles Austin is the #1 WR on the team. Once everyone figures this out and accepts it, everything will be fine. Throw Roy the jump balls in the endzone. Throw him the slant so he can use his big body. Throw him the 15 yard dig to move the chains. Roy never felt this kind of pressure in detroit. He will adjust to it and have a very good career with the COWBOYS!!!

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I think if Roy can get his head straight, he will be fine. I think the guy has been a basket of nerves over his lack of performance and only some success on the field will cure this. He's starting to dig his way out of this mental hole. I wish him all the luck in the world---the Cowboys need every player they've got to contribute.

OldBison75
01-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Bull is exactly right, the pressure of the contract and what Dallas gave up for Roy have really worked on his nerves. It is very hard to live up to those expectations in a big fishbowl like the Cowboys. Now that Austin and Whitten are being recognized as the go to guys, the pressure is not as great, but he still wants to contribute big for the Boys. He is accepting the role the Boys have for him and as a result is starting to find ways to contribute. Roy will become more of a force for the team in the next few weeks and I believe that next year we will se Roy being a much bigger contributor. He dosen't have to be the weapon on this team and can enjoy being part of a very good receiver group.

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I think Roy Williams has a bit of the "Quits" in him. He got his money and things have not worked out well for him so I honestly think he has told himself that Dallas can "Kiss his ***"! A little success in the offense could go far in getting him out of this funk. I also don't buy the (slip & fall) on that receiver screen in the Philly game. That was nothing but self preservation on Roy's part. He saw the D-linemen coming in the corner of his vision and his instincts told him to "Bailout"!!! He did it again on another play where he caught the ball over the middle. He went to the ground before anyone even touched him but cuased the defender to hit him in the head because he was going down. That's when he went to the sideline hurt. I greatly question his toughness for being such a big receiver!

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I think Roy Williams has a bit of the "Quits" in him. He got his money and things have not worked out well for him so I honestly think he has told himself that Dallas can "Kiss his ***"! A little success in the offense could go far in getting him out of this funk. I also don't buy the (slip & fall) on that receiver screen in the Philly game. That was nothing but self preservation on Roy's part. He saw the D-linemen coming in the corner of his vision and his instincts told him to "Bailout"!!! He did it again on another play where he caught the ball over the middle. He went to the ground before anyone even touched him but cuased the defender to hit him in the head because he was going down. That's when he went to the sideline hurt. I greatly question his toughness for being such a big receiver!

big assumption to make that he purposley fell

Emerson1
01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Remember who it is you are talking to

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Don't disagree, but I also predict that Williams will be thumping his chest, taking his helmet off on the sidelines and pointing to himself as soon as he gets the monkey off his back---not that I'm going to like this behavior either, but that is just how his character strikes me. I don't think there will be any middle ground with him.

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Wow TX! The man has been bailing out on passes for two years in Dallas and you come to his defense because he catches a few passes in the playoffs????? Watch the play again if you don't believe it. He is 100% concerned about the D-lineman that is coming up behind him. He bailed without question. Ogletree scores on that play!
I am also one of those that hopes Williams has found his desire again because it makes Dallas sooooooo much more potent if he does. But a couple of good catches in week 18 of the season doesn't erase two seasons worth of short-arming passes and losing concentration on the ball because of a fear of contact.

BTW: Your pre-occupation with my opinions of Dallas players is beginning to concern me. Should I dare look out my window late in the evening for strange cars parked across the street? :D :D

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Wow TX! The man has been bailing out on passes for two years in Dallas and you come to his defense because he catches a few passes in the playoffs????? Watch the play again if you don't believe it. He is 100% concerned about the D-lineman that is coming up behind him. He bailed without question. Ogletree scores on that play!
I am also one of those that hopes Williams has found his desire again because it makes Dallas sooooooo much more potent if he does. But a couple of good catches in week 18 of the season doesn't erase two seasons worth of short-arming passes and losing concentration on the ball because of a fear of contact.

BTW: Your pre-occupation with my opinions of Dallas players is beginning to concern me. Should I dare look out my window late in the evening for strange cars parked across the street? :D :D

hmm..explain where I defend him? I said..big assumption that he fell on purpose. Did not offer anything else.

MJMbrahmas10
01-11-2010, 12:42 PM
i would be very satified if he started to show up now that he is in the playoffs and win games when it matters....the cowboys won without him producing. it will just make them that much better

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't disagree, but I also predict that Williams will be thumping his chest, taking his helmet off on the sidelines and pointing to himself as soon as he gets the monkey off his back---not that I'm going to like this behavior either, but that is just how his character strikes me. I don't think there will be any middle ground with him.

I think Roy has a #1 mentality with a #3 skill set. Without the mental edge he performs like a 3rd receiver. Hopefully the playoffs will give him enough of a edge that he starts getting into the games and having success. But for two seasons now he has made a habit out of bailing on catches and giving less than his all.

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 12:55 PM
hmm..explain where I defend him? I said..big assumption that he fell on purpose. Did not offer anything else.

It's not a big assumption if you consider two seasons worth of "Bailing" on plays and giving less than 100% effort. On this particular play you can see him watching the linemen that are coming down the line instead of focusing his attention forward. All his attention is turned sideways and behind instead of where he wants to go. I don't think he "INTENTIONALLY" fell down so much as subconscienciously avoided contact. And based on what he has done for two seasons only a true homer would question that statement.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 01:11 PM
It's not a big assumption if you consider two seasons worth of "Bailing" on plays and giving less than 100% effort. On this particular play you can see him watching the linemen that are coming down the line instead of focusing his attention forward. All his attention is turned sideways and behind instead of where he wants to go. I don't think he "INTENTIONALLY" fell down so much as subconscienciously avoided contact. And based on what he has done for two seasons only a true homer would question that statement.

No actually I never questions someone's effort unless they come out and say I did not try or did not give my best effort. I think it is always a HUGE assumption to say someone is not playing hard or is afraid or anything like that

As far as the play itself, we can argue it all day..IT LOOKED like it was a tunnel screen where he catches and then finds his blockers which were set up to seal the outside and he goes behind them, basically turning inside off their rear...as he is making that cut to go inside the DL from inside back comes crashing down and Roy tries to change his movement from inside back to the outside and loses his footing.

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
No actually I never questions someone's effort unless they come out and say I did not try or did not give my best effort. I think it is always a HUGE assumption to say someone is not playing hard or is afraid or anything like that

As far as the play itself, we can argue it all day..IT LOOKED like it was a tunnel screen where he catches and then finds his blockers which were set up to seal the outside and he goes behind them, basically turning inside off their rear...as he is making that cut to go inside the DL from inside back comes crashing down and Roy tries to change his movement from inside back to the outside and loses his footing.

Naw!!! That ain't it!!!!

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Naw!!! That ain't it!!!!

Why am I not surpised.

pirate4state
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
where is the smiley of a person banging their head on a brick wall? wow

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
where is the smiley of a person banging their head on a brick wall? wow

:kiss: :inlove:

bobcat4life
01-11-2010, 08:12 PM
while Roy is not as good as we thought, I think the Cowboys need him. He is a good compliment to Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton. He is a big reciever who compliments Miles Austin's speed and Craytons ability as a slot reciever very well and provides them with balance