PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Vikings

bobcat4life
01-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Bring on AD and the Grandpa and that Jerrod Allan scrub:D

STANG RED
01-10-2010, 01:03 AM
I love Favre, but he'll be lucky to survive past the 1st quarter. Cowboys win BIG! 35-10

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I love Favre, but he'll be lucky to survive past the 1st quarter. Cowboys win BIG! 35-10

He's had a few glimmers of success late in the season but he is fading, I really don't think he can handle the 'boys D.

TheDOCTORdre
01-10-2010, 01:20 AM
People are gonna be all over this game this week and point out how great Minnesota is and how much better they are than the Boys. Where as this was true 6 weeks ago, I remember the Vikings finishing the season losing 3 out of their last four with those losses coming to the Cardinals, Panthers and Bears. The Vikes are on a downward slump while Big D is on the rise

Txbroadcaster
01-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
People are gonna be all over this game this week and point out how great Minnesota is and how much better they are than the Boys. Where as this was true 6 weeks ago, I remember the Vikings finishing the season losing 3 out of their last four with those losses coming to the Cardinals, Panthers and Bears. The Vikes are on a downward slump while Big D is on the rise

big thing is..Vikes lost all those on the road..it is a tough place to play..yes I know Boys beat the Saints in NO, but still this is a hard place to win

kaorder1999
01-10-2010, 01:27 AM
i was watching the ESPN postgame show today and all they did was talk about how much better the Cowboys are right now then the Vikings...i was shocked

STANG RED
01-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
big thing is..Vikes lost all those on the road..it is a tough place to play..yes I know Boys beat the Saints in NO, but still this is a hard place to win

True enough. But if the Dallas D can take the crowd out, and get the Vikes out of their game plan (and I think they they will) early on, the boys will roll. Cowboys are hitting on all cylinders, and the Vikes are sputtering. I like this recipe for a big Cowboy win.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Favre has never beaten the Cowboys in the playoffs. I think Dallas defense plays good enough for the offense to win this one 27-17.

bobcat4life
01-10-2010, 02:09 AM
and the vikings are undefeated at home this year...

carter08
01-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Brett has to retire someday, and going out as Superbowl champs is the best way. Viks roll the 'girls 35-17

Diocletian
01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Min destroyed the Giants....a team that Boys lost to twice this year.

It might be harder than most of you think to win in that Dome.

I like the Vikings at least by 1 TD in this one.

But I'd love to see the Boys make it to the Super Bowl

navscanmaster
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I think that the Cowboys pass rush will get to Favre early and often. I don't think the Vikings are any better on offense than the Eagles were, with Peterson being the exception. I would still rather game plan to stop Favre.

On offense, the Cowboys are explosive enough now that the Vikings will have a tough time trying to cover Crayton, Austin, Witten, Williams, and still try to contain Felix Jones. And Winfield has lost a step in the Viking secondary.

Eagle Eyes
01-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Min destroyed the Giants....a team that Boys lost to twice this year.

It might be harder than most of you think to win in that Dome.

I like the Vikings at least by 1 TD in this one.

But I'd love to see the Boys make it to the Super Bowl

The Vikes beat a Giant team that had already quit on the season.

Dallas is the hottest team right now.

Cowboys 31
Vikings 17

wimbo_pro
01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
If the Cowboys play like they have in the last 4 weeks, the Vikings are toast, no matter how well they play.

pirate4state
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
big thing is..Vikes lost all those on the road..it is a tough place to play..yes I know Boys beat the Saints in NO, but still this is a hard place to win Agreed. I like our chances, but am realistic enough to know this will be tough.

Defense wins championships and our D is playing GREAT! :clap:

JJWalker
01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Fire Wade! LOL

Trashman
01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
If the Cowboys play like they have in the last 4 weeks, the Vikings are toast, no matter how well they play.

X2:D

Charlie47
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I've been for the "boy's" since they became the Cowboys,
no reason to stop now.:clap: :)

Footballhudini
01-10-2010, 09:02 PM
It would be easier on the Viking defense and a lot less painful on Romo if he were to just vaseline himself up before the game.

NateDawg39
01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
It would be easier on the Viking defense and a lot less painful on Romo if he were to just vaseline himself up before the game. :confused: :eek:

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
It would be easier on the Viking defense and a lot less painful on Romo if he were to just vaseline himself up before the game.

Someone is trying to take Keiths place ;)

bobcat4life
01-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I always knew keith had another account...

12thMan
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Cowboys are going down this week!! Romo isn't winning on the road. AP will run for 150 2 tds.

NateDawg39
01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Cowboys are going down this week!! Romo isn't winning on the road. AP will run for 150 2 tds. I doubt it. Brett will do his normal thing and DEMAND the ball and do his other usual thing and lose the big game

GrTigers6
01-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Cowboys are going down this week!! Romo isn't winning on the road. AP will run for 150 2 tds. I hate to break it to you but Romo has a better record on the road than at home.

themsu97
01-11-2010, 08:25 AM
hate to break this to you guys, that eventhough the Cowboys are on a roll... they have not seen a defense like what Minnesota has... Romo has always had problems with teams that can get pressure with its front four... Flozell will have a very hard time with Jared Allen...
this could be another shootout like Green Bay/ Arizona because I see Favre and Peterson turning the ball over a fair share of times...
Romo has to take his game up one more notch.. if he can Dallas will win... if he cannot... not so sure

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
hate to break this to you guys, that eventhough the Cowboys are on a roll... they have not seen a defense like what Minnesota has... Romo has always had problems with teams that can get pressure with its front four... Flozell will have a very hard time with Jared Allen...
this could be another shootout like Green Bay/ Arizona because I see Favre and Peterson turning the ball over a fair share of times...
Romo has to take his game up one more notch.. if he can Dallas will win... if he cannot... not so sure

I think it will be the other way around. The Vikings have not seen the kind of defense they will get from Dallas. Favre will be under assult all game long. The Cowboys offense seems to finally be hitting it's stride and they have played 11 games this season against defenses as tough as the Vikings. Favre has played only 4 games against defenses even close to the Cowboys. If Dallas plays like they have been playing the past 4 weeks or so then the Vikings go down big.

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 09:42 AM
The Viking defense has given up 60 more points and pretty much the same yardage as the Cowboys defense has this season and the Cowboys have played a much, much tougher schedule than Minnesota has. The Vikings offense has scored 100 more points and compiled basically the same yardage as the Cowboys offense has against that same much easier schedule. But the Vikings offense was hitting on all cylinders early on and has stumbled late in the season and the Dallas offense stumbled early and is hitting on all cylinders now. Could be a great matchup and a close game but it also could be a blow out............ can't wait!

Eagle 1
01-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Defense wins championships and right now Dallas defense is playing lights out.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 09:52 AM
The difference in this game is going to be Peterson.

Dallas was able to basically double the WRs for the Eagles cause they knew their front 7 could handle the Eagle running game.

This is basically the same offense, except with a running game. If Dallas can control the LOS without adding an 8th player to the box this allows them so many options in pass defense.

If they have to bring up help to stop the ground game this forces more one on one and allows the play action to be a part of the Vikes offense.

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I'll put this as simply as I can---the 'Vikes ain't the Eagles. The Cowboys are going to have to continue to execute well and make few mistakes to win this one. Favre is a wily old vet who knows how to exploit weaknesses on a defense and he has some pretty good offensive weapons to get the job done. If the Cowboys can get to Farve and not let Peterson slip by them on the blitzes---Cowboys win.

Go Cowboys!

pancho villa
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
The Cowgirls suck and so do all their fans!!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I am cautiously optimistic!!

NateDawg39
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
The Cowgirls suck and so do all their fans!!!!!!!! Well thats just not very nice now is it :p

Bullaholic
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM

I hope you have to coach baseball this season, Pancho...:D

pancho villa
01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I hope you have to coach baseball this season, Pancho...:D

I don't know what I hate worse standaround or the Cowboys.

I heard Tony Romo and Troy Aikman were dating.

Maroon87
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM

I heard Tony Romo and Troy Aikman were dating.

You sound jealous.:thinking:

pirate4state
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM

haha this means you think your son sucks since you mentioned in another thread he was a fan! :p

Farmersfan
01-11-2010, 03:31 PM
The difference in this game is going to be Peterson.

Dallas was able to basically double the WRs for the Eagles cause they knew their front 7 could handle the Eagle running game.

This is basically the same offense, except with a running game. If Dallas can control the LOS without adding an 8th player to the box this allows them so many options in pass defense.

If they have to bring up help to stop the ground game this forces more one on one and allows the play action to be a part of the Vikes offense.

The Viking offense is averaging 120 yards per game rushing with Peterson. This is only 15 yards per game more than the Eagles have averaged this season and is ranked #13 in the NFL. Philly averaged 27 points per game this season and Minnesota has averaged 29. McNabb struggled against the Cowboys defense and I think Favre has never beaten the Cowboys in the post season.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The Viking offense is averaging 120 yards per game rushing with Peterson. This is only 15 yards per game more than the Eagles have averaged this season and is ranked #13 in the NFL. Philly averaged 27 points per game this season and Minnesota has averaged 29. McNabb struggled against the Cowboys defense and I think Favre has never beaten the Cowboys in the post season.

Farve last played Dallas in the play-offs in 95..that stat is meaningless

Again..If Dallas can control Peterson with just the front 7 Dallas will win and honestly might win easily.

If Dallas has to start bringing 8 into the box then Farve will have some great one on one match ups

Gobbla2001
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
left.... left.... left, right, left...

no... that's not a beat for marching, that's where Favre throws INTs in big games......

dunno why they couldn't have made it "left... left... left, right, middle, left... woulda been perfect...

mchavez
01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Where is that one loser with the eagle that always runs his mouth about the Cowboys. Guess he finally figured out he knows nothing about football...

bobcat4life
01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Where is that one loser with the eagle that always runs his mouth about the Cowboys. Guess he finally figured out he knows nothing about football... Brad McCoy benched him. He's done posting for a while...

bobcat4life
01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Where is that one loser with the eagle that always runs his mouth about the Cowboys. Guess he finally figured out he knows nothing about football... Brad McCoy benched him. Keiths's done posting for a while...

NateDawg39
01-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Word on the street is that he has another account name ;)

nationalpastime
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i was watching the ESPN postgame show today and all they did was talk about how much better the Cowboys are right now then the Vikings...i was shocked

That's scary. In recent times past when the Cowboys were favored they let us down.

bobcat4life
01-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by nationalpastime
That's scary. In recent times past when the Cowboys were favored they let us down. yes but this team has an edge that those didnt

Trashman
01-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Word on the street is that he has another account name ;)

Heard he hacked Farmerfans account.:D