PDA

View Full Version : fedora to waco midway

navratbacker
01-08-2010, 08:09 PM
heard that lee fedora is gonna b waco midway head coach this year anyone hear the same thing........i believe that we need a change he just cant get over that hump in navasota....

navscanmaster
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
His teams, barring Liberty Hill, have played within a TD teams that went on to the state championship game the last three years. The defense has improved every year. The offense is always good, and several playmakers are returning next year. Why do you believe we need a change in Navasota?

kepdawg
01-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Why do you believe we need a change in Navasota?

I could be wrong but...

he just cant get over that hump in navasota....

... seems to be his reason.

Matthew328
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
As far as I know Fedora did not interview for the Midway job.

navscanmaster
01-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I could be wrong but...

... seems to be his reason.

Yeah, I got that much. But I think you need more than a few years to say that a coach can't get over a "hump." It takes very special players and a whole coaching staff to put forth a champ, not to mention unmatched effort, work ethic, and conditioning. I would say that he has the Rattlers on the right track. I could understand him leaving for a big-time 5A program or a college job, no offense to Waco Midway.

navratbacker
01-08-2010, 10:18 PM
well i think my source is right really realiable one...we will find out in the next week or so......also we need a coach in here that will also help out the jr high program its like he only care for the high school we need change here.....and the big hump is he always loses at the third round 3yrs in a row he cant get over it...and yes i know what im talkin bout im a big rattler supporter and and have been for the past 15 or so yrs missed only 3 games between that span time so i know when we need a change and its now..............

kepdawg
01-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yeah, I got that much. But I think you need more than a few years to say that a coach can't get over a "hump." It takes very special players and a whole coaching staff to put forth a champ, not to mention unmatched effort, work ethic, and conditioning. I would say that he has the Rattlers on the right track. I could understand him leaving for a big-time 5A program or a college job, no offense to Waco Midway.

Oh, I thought he had been there for a while.

HEMOTOXIC
01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker
well i think my source is right really realiable one...we will find out in the next week or so......also we need a coach in here that will also help out the jr high program its like he only care for the high school we need change here.....and the big hump is he always loses at the third round 3yrs in a row he cant get over it...and yes i know what im talkin bout im a big rattler supporter and and have been for the past 15 or so yrs missed only 3 games between that span time so i know when we need a change and its now..............

WOW! Let's not forget where we have come from. Navasota has always had the athletes to compete. Fedora as done a great job of bringing that out of the students at NHS. No one will be perfect for the position, but he has gotten Navasota back on the map.

I agree, it does start at the JR High level. But, please, please remember where Navasota was 4 seasons ago.

cshscougar08
01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Haven't heard that, but I have heard that Mark Bell is interested. That makes sense considering he has no more kids playing at CS now that Brian is graduating this year. B will be playing at Ohio btw if no one had posted that before.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Why would Bell want to go to Midway????? He hates Midway. He would go to Killeen before he did that. He's had the chance to do that and didn't. He will retire from coaching before he goes to another school. No.1 to go watch Brian and No.2 to watch Shawn.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2010, 01:35 PM
AND there is NO such school as Waco Midway. Not even in Waco ISD.

Dogman_1969
01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Midway still a big money school? If so could be the reason.....

NastySlot
01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
AND there is NO such school as Waco Midway. Not even in Waco ISD.

Mailing Address: 1205 Foundation Drive , Waco , Texas 76712 ...

mailing addresses are often the reason isd's are sometimes refered to as being part of a near by city.

I always thought it was Hewitt Midway...guess I was wrong.

trojan37
01-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Why would Bell want to go to Midway????? He hates Midway. He would go to Killeen before he did that. He's had the chance to do that and didn't. He will retire from coaching before he goes to another school. No.1 to go watch Brian and No.2 to watch Shawn.

Why would Bell want to stay in China Spring? China Spring sucks.:devil:

Matthew328
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
My source told me the finalists at Midway were

Derek Fitzhenry, HC Giddings
Matt Green, OC Lake Tavis
Terry Gambill, DC Allen
John King, HC Longview (withdrew after interview)
Brad McCoy, HC Graham (also withdrew)

Not sure how reliable this is but I know Matt Green for sure is a finalist

bp80884
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Why would Bell want to stay in China Spring? China Spring sucks.:devil:

Wow, China Springs Sucks?

Spoken from someone from the home of the "Mud Pit" you call home field. I would rather live in China Spring than be president of West!!!

4th & short
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
I heard the DC (Petroff) is going to get it. Gambill is going to get the McKinney job.

trojan37
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Wow, China Springs Sucks?

Spoken from someone from the home of the "Mud Pit" you call home field.

Still got a bad taste in your mouth from that one, huh!

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/08/10/66/image_8666108.jpg

ag4
01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I TALKED TO FEDORA AND HE WAS OFFERED AN INTERVIEW BUT DECLINED IT. I THINK THERE WERE TO MANY ISSUES.

GiddingsFan
01-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
My source told me the finalists at Midway were

Derek Fitzhenry, HC Giddings
Matt Green, OC Lake Tavis
Terry Gambill, DC Allen
John King, HC Longview (withdrew after interview)
Brad McCoy, HC Graham (also withdrew)

Not sure how reliable this is but I know Matt Green for sure is a finalist

Is it the Allen OC or DC? I have heard both...

OldBison75
01-11-2010, 11:36 AM
According to a pretty close source, Fedora was contacted by Hewitt Midway and asked if he was interested and offered an interview. After some consideration and research, he declined the interview.

Fedora may get some offers to move, but I believe that the situation would have to be a perfect fit for him to leave Navasota. He is well liked here and is close to his family in College Station, where his wife works. Not saying he won't leave, but I believe he will hold out for a possible new high school being talked about in College Station, or maybe a college assistants position, which is also very possible.

I hope that if he chooses to leave, he will look back on his time here as a great experience, because the people of Navasota have experience some great football from Fedora coached teams.

Rabid Cougar
01-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Mailing Address: 1205 Foundation Drive , Waco , Texas 76712 ...

mailing addresses are often the reason isd's are sometimes refered to as being part of a near by city.

I always thought it was Hewitt Midway...guess I was wrong.

Half the new high school building is in Waco city limits thus the mailing address but it is the Midway ISD. The kids that go to it are from Hewitt and Woodway, both cities unto themselves.

Rabid Cougar
01-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Still got a bad taste in your mouth from that one, huh!

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/08/10/66/image_8666108.jpg

Maybe so but it was your a$$ that was sitting at home during the playoffs.

Mojado
01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Terry Gamble got it.......

GiddingsFan
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Interesting... the Supt was Asst Supt at Allen ISD before Midway...

NastySlot
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Half the new high school building is in Waco city limits thus the mailing address but it is the Midway ISD. The kids that go to it are from Hewitt and Woodway, both cities unto themselves.

don't the kids from Speegleville go to Midway also?

big daddy russ
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker
.....and the big hump is he always loses at the third round 3yrs in a row he cant get over it...and yes i know what im talkin bout im a big rattler supporter and and have been for the past 15 or so yrs missed only 3 games between that span time so i know when we need a change and its now..............
Just the third round? How do you bring yourself to attend games every week?

c-town_balla
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Y'all should probably run him out on a rail. Navastota is a state or bust type of town,

OldBison75
01-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I can guarantee you that the majority of Rattler fans are not as critical as navratbacker. In 2007, Navasota went to the Quarterfinals and met Liberty Hill. The results were not pretty, but there were alot of lessons learned.

In 2008 the Rattlers faced Waco LaVega in the quarterfinals and lost in overtime. A game that could have gone either way with a break or two making the difference.

In 2009, the Rattlers faced Gilmer in the quarterfinals and kept the Buckeyes in sight the whole game. Another game where a break or two may have made the difference. I can say that the Rattlers made alot of Buckeye fans very nervous during that game, but it was still another loss.

The Rattlers have lost thier playoff games to the eventual State Champion twice and to the runner-up once. Each year the Rattlers have improved and each year have grown as a team from these matchups. I, along with the majority of Rattler fans will take that as a good thing.

Maybe we should consider sending someone out of town on a rail, but Fedora just ain't in that small group.

kaorder1999
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
haha...a lot of yall heard wrong! Gambill is new head coach at Midway

teetle
01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Lee a very good coach. I hope he do leave you people that don't knows whats theys got before it is too late. Lee Fedora deserves betters than yalls. Go Lee:D :eek: :D