PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt Smith and Charles Haley

CelinaCatFan
01-08-2010, 06:37 PM
are among the finalists for this year's inductees to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The following former players are on this year's ballot (* indicates first year candidates):

Emmitt Smith*
Charles Haley*
Jerry Rice*
Roger Craig*
Tim Brown*
Cris Carter
Andre Reed
Shannon Sharpe
Russ Grimm
Richard Dent
Cortez Kennedy
John Randle
Rickey Jackson*
Don Coryell*

Who do you think should be inducted to this year's class ( a maximum of 5 can be elected)?

Smith, Haley, Rice, and Grimm get my vote.

coach
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
are among the finalists for this year's inductees to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The following former players are on this year's ballot (* indicates first year candidates):

Emmitt Smith*
Charley Haley*
Jerry Rice*
Roger Craig*
Tim Brown*
Cris Carter
Andre Reed
Shannon Sharpe
Russ Grimm
Richard Dent
Cortez Kennedy
John Randle
Rickey Jackson*
Don Coryell*

Who do you think should be inducted to this year's class ( a maximum of 5 can be elected)?

Smith, Haley, Rice, and Grimm get my vote.

smith, rice, brown, randle, and reed

Highschoolfan78
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

Emmitt Smith*
Charley Haley*
Jerry Rice*
Roger Craig*
Tim Brown*
Cris Carter
Andre Reed
Shannon Sharpe
Russ Grimm
Richard Dent
Cortez Kennedy
John Randle
Rickey Jackson*
Don Coryell*

Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice, Charley Haley, Shannon Sharpe, Cris Carter

CelinaCatFan
01-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Many deserving candidates this year. Do you think they will consider inducting 3 wide receivers this year (Rice, Brown and Reed)?

PhiI C
01-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I wonder if they will ever induct Tommy Nobis.

Diocletian
01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Immediately take off any player that hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Then chalk up the stats of each left.

Then consider any player that played in a Super Bowl.

Anything else is just gravy and charmful luck.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Immediately take off any player that hasn't won a Super Bowl.

I disagree big time..winning or not winning a SB does not mean a player is or is not HOF worthy all by itself

OldBison75
01-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Smith
Haley
Rice
Grimm
Sharpe

Smith is one of the greatest backs ever to play the game.
Haley changed the face of defensive lineman during his career.
Rice--what else can you compare him to.
Grimm=the original Hog--attitude and determination like no other.
Sharpe- the most dominant tight end of his era and one of the best all time.

There are at least five other HOF caliber player on this list, but these are my top 5.

Eagle 1
01-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice, Charley Haley, Shannon Sharpe, Cris Carter
X2

squid
01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I have as much of a chance of being inducted as Haley does. And the Hall wouldnt have to worry about me paddling any primates during my acceptance speech.....

JJWalker
01-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Smith and Rice are automatic with their Dancing with the Stars performances.

Air Coryell jumps out at me.

The rest all seem to blur into the pile of great players.

lostaussie
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by squid
I have as much of a chance of being inducted as Haley does. And the Hall wouldnt have to worry about me paddling any primates during my acceptance speech..... Haley at one time was the only player to play in 5 Super Bowls...............may still be, IDK.

squid
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm not referring to his football abilities, that cant be questioned. His off the field antics will be.......

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm not referring to his football abilities, that cant be questioned. His off the field antics will be.......

He might not get in now..but he will get in. NFL except for in the case of a couple dont judge off the field as harsh as other Hall Of Fames

squid
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
NFL except for in the case of a couple dont judge off the field as harsh as other Hall Of Fames

yeah right, thats why Bullet Bob got in so quickly

pirate4state
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm not referring to his football abilities, that cant be questioned. His off the field antics will be....... :confused: I don't remember what those were and I for one hate that they include "off the field antics" in determining an award for their ON THE FIELD achievements/accomplishments. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
yeah right, thats why Bullet Bob got in so quickly

hmm seeing as I said EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE OF CASES.

Also HAley's off the field issues were not criminal or anything like that. He was just a nut

squid
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
HAley's off the field issues were not criminal or anything like that.

then read Jeff Pearlman's 'Boys will be Boys', specifically the 'Naked Warrior' chapter and see if you still think that way.....better hope the Hall committee didnt read it.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
then read Jeff Pearlman's 'Boys will be Boys', specifically the 'Naked Warrior' chapter and see if you still think that way.....better hope the Hall committee didnt read it.

I have the book read it a few times..I know what Haley has done..but he does not have a criminal past that everyone knws

squid
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Criminal or not, he's a freak that I'd just as soon not be selected, especially if he chose to go in as a Cowboy. And I realize very few of those guys are Sunday School boys......