PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on The National Championship

coach
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
1. Congrats to Alabama. They deserved it and played smashed mouth football. Knocking off the top two teams in the nation convincingly.

2. Hats of to the Longhorns. They gained a lot of respect after losing their best player and made a game out of it.

3. My heart goes for Colt Mccoy. He has probably dreamed his whole life of playing for a championship and he finally gets there and can't perform because of a freak accident.

4. Mark Ingram proved he was the correct choice for the Heisman. The nations best rushing defense couldn't stop until he was gang tackled.

5. You can't say that Texas would have won if colt would have been in there. We will never know that outcome and it sucks. But remember texas fans, you might not have been in this game if somebody from Oklahoma didn't suffer a similar injury.

6. Nick Saban is not classless. he wqas only up ten and he has already seen his team give up a huge lead tonight. He did the right thing in not kneeling. Besides they probably wouldn't have scored if Texas wouldn't have gotten a 15 yrd facemask penalty.

7. The Sec is the best conference in the nation and it has been for a while but this board is full of homers who arent willing to accept that.

8. Gregg Davis was way to concervitive in the first half.

9. I believe Mack Brown is kicking himself for trying to score at the end of the half when he should have taken a kneel. Also i think he wishes he would have given Gilbert more paying time throughout the season.

10. Garret Gilbert did one of the most courageous things in sports history. He took over a team who was lead by the winningest player ever against one of the best defenses ion the nation. He mounted a huge comeback and gave texas a shot at the end. He will be a star not only in college but in the NFL.

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I think every point is right on the money, it was ana amazing game and I hope people years from now remember Gilbert and the Longorns for what they lost and accomplished with the loss. Gained a lot of respect for UT even though I have been a fan for years now. You cant put down the effort of the defense, even though a lot on here and other boards will jump on them for losing like predicted.

coach
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think every point is right on the money, it was ana amazing game and I hope people years from now remember Gilbert and the Longorns for what they lost and accomplished with the loss. Gained a lot of respect for UT even though I have been a fan for years now. You cant put down the effort of the defense, even though a lot on here and other boards will jump on them for losing like predicted.

unfourtantely because they lost people wont remember how the longhorns lost and how garret performed

TheDOCTORdre
01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
No one remembers a loser, but if Gilbert goes on to have a great career at Texas, which I think he will, then peple will remember the night Gilbert lost and a loser wll be remembered, for the growing up he did last night

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by coach
unfourtantely because they lost people wont remember how the longhorns lost and how garret performed I remember Ohio States Troy Smith getting destroyed in the NC game :D

coach
01-08-2010, 02:24 PM
you guys have it all wrong....number 2 is not a winner number 3 nobody remembers...what does it take to be number 1

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by coach
you guys have it all wrong....number 2 is not a winner number 3 nobody remembers...what does it take to be number 1 Money being dished out to players parents and the promise to send their kids to that school ;)