PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy, please please please don't....

Looking4number8
01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
don't get drafted by the Raiders, Giants, Redskins or Eagles...

I can cheer for almost any team except these 4 and I am a huge fan. I have always been a huge fan but after this interview last night I am an even bigger Colt McCoy fan!! What a class act!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVsSvx3UQOY

4x100jackets
01-08-2010, 09:43 AM
He will get more than a shoulder knocked out in the NFL !!!
Not an NFL QB.... just my opinion!!!!

DDBooger
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
don't get drafted by the Raiders, Giants, Redskins or Eagles...

I can cheer for almost any team except these 4 and I am a huge fan. I have always been a huge fan but after this interview last night I am an even bigger Colt McCoy fan!! What a class act!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVsSvx3UQOY This years QB class is pretty weak compared to the last few seasons. Not a lot of teams are gonna make their franchise pick a qb this year. I CAN'T BELIEVE JEVAN SNEAD declared that he is coming out. Someone gave that kid bad advice.

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
This years QB class is pretty weak compared to the last few seasons. Not a lot of teams are gonna make their franchise pick a qb this year. I CAN'T BELIEVE JEVAN SNEAD declared that he is coming out. Someone gave that kid bad advice.
Agreed. But I think he *is* coming out this year because the QB class is so weak. Because of it, teams looking to draft a QB may have to look to him in an earlier round than if the QB class was deep.

DDBooger
01-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Agreed. But I think he *is* coming out this year because the QB class is so weak. Because of it, teams looking to draft a QB may have to look to him in an earlier round than if the QB class was deep. Possible, but long term prognostication has to be poor unless he's resigned to carrying a clipboard for a few years.

95mustang
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Possible, but long term prognostication has to be poor unless he's resigned to carrying a clipboard for a few years.

Carrying a clipboard in the NFL pays alot better then playing for Ole Miss.

Torb
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
He will get more than a shoulder knocked out in the NFL !!!
Not an NFL QB.... just my opinion!!!!

That was said about Joe Montana as well.....nobody really knows who will make it and who won't. It depends on what the kid does with the opportunity.

Sville
01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
This was the right decision for Jevan in my opinion, of course I am just a little biased. ;)

With Snead at quarterback, the Rebels won nine games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1961-62, and collected consecutive January bowl wins for the first time since 1960-61.

Ole Miss is NOT going to get better next year, in fact they will be lucky to finish out of the SEC West cellar. They will be losing 28 seniors, including six offensive lineman, four of whom were starters. His O-line will be even further depleted than it was this year, and he rarely got the time he needed to throw the ball as it was.

He is also losing his top two threats in the passing game in McCluster and Hodge, as they are both seniors as well. On top of that, McCluster was the big rushing threat. You have to look deeper than just his stats as to why he feels the need to leave now.

His stock won't rise by staying another year because there is not much you can change about him physically. His only change will be the mental aspect, and another year of getting slapped around by SEC defenses might actually ruin ANY chance he has at the NFL. Sure, he might not go until day two, but that's better than not at all.

Let's also not forget than he has already graduated. Staying another year is just silly for Jevan, even if he gets drafted low. Him being a year younger might actually HELP his draft status a tad.

Again, nothing for him to gain by staying. His numbers will not improve. By leaving, he at least moves on with his life if he doesn't get drafted. It's time for him to start earning his living, on the field or off.

Snead is ready. He has the same skill sets as a Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan with a good combine he could sky rocket up draft charts. Look at Matt Ryan's senior season stats at BC, 4507 yds, 59% Comp%, 31 TD, 19 INT, and a QB rating of 127.0. Jevan had 2632 yds, 54% comp %, 20 TD, 20 INT and 124.8 QB rating. NFL scouts could care less how the season went in college, look at Matt Cassell for example.

Next, Houston Nut is not a very good coach either. His schemes are horrible for a QB like Jevan. I will agree he is not ready to a NFL starter yet and still needs some coaching up; but he has plenty of potential, and he'd likely only regress under Houston Nutt, rather than make progress. It seems like he's just going backward under Nutt, as opposed to forward, and that seems to be typical of QB's under Nutt.

The same thing happened to Matt Jones under him and it happened with Casey Dick, too. All 3 of those QB's, Jones, Dick, and Snead saw their efficiency ratings drop from their next to last year to their last year under Nutt. Jones went from a 147.1 in his 2nd year to a 132.8 in his 3rd and last; Dick went from a 126.6 in his 3rd year to a 122.4 in his 4th and last; and Snead went from a 145.5 last year to a 124.8 this year, his last. The kid probably figures he can't afford to play under Nutt another year, and do even further damage to his draft status.

Lastly one of the biggest reason IMHO is to help his family out in these tough times.

Cowboy_Up
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Sville,
100% in agreement. I predict in 5 years Snead will be a starter in the NFL. Which means for the next four years all he will do is study football and he will get 10 times the coaching in the NFL, even if he spends the next two years on a practice squad, then he would if he stayed. And he's already graduated, so all the stay in school arguments are senseless. Ole Miss is in a rebuilding year anyhow, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was encouraged to move on so they can rebuild with a young QB who will be there for a few years.
Just because you’re not going to be a starter or big time player right away doesn't mean it's a bad decision. Even minimum money is better than most college grads will ever make.