PDA

View Full Version : Four In A Row

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:50 AM
That's right, a SEC team has won the national championship four years in a row. What conference is the best???

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Texas was the last non SEC to win right? Which ultimately makes them the best non SEC team out there :D

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Texas was the last non SEC to win right? Which ultimately makes them the best non SEC team out there :D

They got lucky, Southern Cal gave that game away

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
They got lucky, Southern Cal gave that game away They dont give awards for coulda beens

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
They dont give awards for coulda beens

Six of the last eight is not bad and a UNBEATEN record in BCS title games.

Tx Challenge
01-08-2010, 01:07 AM
4 in a row is correct

NastySlot
01-08-2010, 01:10 AM
if i remember right an undefeated Auburn got robbed one year.

Cotton
01-08-2010, 01:40 AM
That's right, a SEC team has won the national championship four years in a row. What conference is the best???

SEC is probably the best conference, but the gap is not as wide as many profess. Take the top two from any other conference and they would do fine in the SEC. Take the middle and/or bottom of the SEC and put them in the Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, and heck even the Mountain West and they would remain in the middle or bottom. Conference supremacy is cycical. Watch the Big 10 bounce back to prominence next year. SEC will be down slightly. Big 12 will be slightly better. Pac 10 will be down.

TheDOCTORdre
01-08-2010, 01:46 AM

idk but I read somewhere that the mighty SEC is 6-4 in bowl games, look at the dominance

Tx Challenge
01-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
idk but I read somewhere that the mighty SEC is 6-4 in bowl games, look at the dominance .

Maybe so Dre. The SEC has won the last 4 N/C in football...That is fact....Fire away...:D

big daddy russ
01-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
if i remember right an undefeated Auburn got robbed one year.
You remember well. 2004. Beat two top-five teams and four top-ten teams that year.

Originally posted by Cotton
...SEC will be down slightly...
LSU has lost some luster, Ole Miss will lose another great QB to the NFL, and Florida will have to find someone to replace Tebow, but Auburn, Arkie, and Tenn are on the uptick, Florida will be fine, and next year's South Carolina squad looks like it may be the best team Spurrier's coached since before his NFL days.

3afan
01-08-2010, 07:23 AM
just because a team from the SEC has won the last 4 NCs does not mean its the best conference, it means the champion of that conference was the best team in the land that year .... but, the SEC may be the best conference, who knows?

themsu97
01-08-2010, 08:24 AM
really, all this proves is that Joe Paterno was correct about the BCS...
it is a biased system... we all know for a fact that next year if an SEC school is undefeated or has one loss, either Texas or Oklahoma is the same, and an undefeated or one loss USC team is there at the end of the year... that they will be playing for the national title...period...
it is not really about conferences as it is about certain schools... and we all know this is a fact...

themsu97
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
btw... the Big 10 is the only conference to have 3 schools in the top 10... please do not let that mean that they are the best conference...

JJWalker
01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
The SEC did not win the national championship.

It was awarded to them. Big Difference.

If I were awarding the national championship, I would give it to Boise State. Why? Because they were undefeated, they are from Idaho, they have a blue football field and they can successfully execute a fake punt.

3afan
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
btw... the Big 10 is the only conference to have 3 schools in the top 10... please do not let that mean that they are the best conference...

same applies to Texas HS districts ... for example 3 teams in Rnd 3 doesn't necessarily mean its the best district