PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban = Classless

JasperDog94
01-08-2010, 12:28 AM
You've got the game won. Take a knee and enjoy your victory.

That said, congratulations to Texas for storming a heroic comeback. You guys showed a lot of character by not quitting.

Hook 'em!

PhiI C
01-08-2010, 12:33 AM
I also was proud of the way the Horns fought back. But Bama sure showed a lack of class at the end when they had the game.

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Would Texas have done the same thing? I love the Longhorns but being on in the 5 yard line I bet a lot of teams would have done the same. Didn't like it but cant be against the idea of doing it

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I also was proud of the way the Horns fought back. But Bama sure showed a lack of class at the end when they had the game.

I nominate Saban for a Douchie!

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Would Texas have done the same thing? I love the Longhorns but being on in the 5 yard line I bet a lot of teams would have done the same. Didn't like it but cant be against the idea of doing it

Texas has kneeled before in situations like that..but who knows in the title game

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Texas has kneeled before in situations like that..but who knows in the title game Thats all I am sayin. Emotions this high are out of control and people make decisions that end up being bad or looked down upon.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Thats all I am sayin. Emotions this high are out of control and people make decisions that end up being bad or looked down upon.

Saban is still a *****, look what he did in Miami.

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Saban is still a douche, look what he did in Miami. What did he do in Miami? I cant think right now as I may be a lil inebriated and upset because I have 3 Bama fans and 2 ech fans in my home :o

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You've got the game won. Take a knee and enjoy your victory.

That said, congratulations to Texas for storming a heroic comeback. You guys showed a lot of character by not quitting.

Hook 'em!

Bama let up in the second half and let them back in the game, but we know what team came up with the clutch free. Mark it FOUR in a row for the SEC in national championship games.

JasperDog94
01-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Bama let up in the second half and let them back in the game, but we know what team came up with the clutch free. Mark it FOUR in a row for the SEC in national championship games. And how do you think it would have played out if Ingram were the one hurt instead of Colt? Don't act like Bama was heads and shoulders better than Texas. And Texas still came within 3 in the second half.

Oh, and Nick Saban is still classless.

WildTexan972
01-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Nick Saban is 100 times the coach that sMack Brown ever will be....and he PROVED it again tonight....Nick turned Alabama around in a short timeframe while Mack and all his recruiting class wins are getting shown up

Great job elephant! Cow is cooked WELL DONE!

bobcat4life
01-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Bama let up in the second half and let them back in the game, but we know what team came up with the clutch free. Mark it FOUR in a row for the SEC in national championship games. and 6 of 8

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Nick Saban is 100 times the coach that sMack Brown ever will be....and he PROVED it again tonight....Nick turned Alabama around in a short timeframe while Mack and all his recruiting class wins are getting shown up

Great job elephant! Cow is cooked WELL DONE! Well when you have players that are as good as Ingram and Cody and Arenas yea lots of coaches will be really good.

JasperDog94
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM

Great job elephant! Cow is cooked WELL DONE! I'm sure the injury to Colt had a little to do with that, don't ya think?:rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm sure the injury to Colt had a little to do with that, don't ya think?:rolleyes:

Losers always look for excuses

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Losers always look for excuses Did you not just say USC gave a game away? Looks like your poor excuse to me ;)

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Did you not just say USC gave a game away? Looks like your poor excuse to me ;)

ALABAMA 37
TEXAS 21

JasperDog94
01-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Losers always look for excuses And anyone with half a brain would understand that when you take out the two year Heisman finalist and leader of the team, that might, just might have a small impact on the game.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
01-08-2010, 12:58 AM
ALABAMA 37
TEXAS 21

Good grief.....GROW UP ALREADY!!!!!:doh:

Snydertigersrul
01-08-2010, 12:58 AM
And anyone with half a brain would understand that when you take out the two year Heisman finalist and leader of the team, that might, just might have a small impact on the game.:rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll be hearing all of your Longhorn fans crying "Colt got hurt or we would have won"

:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm sure we'll be hearing all of your Longhorn fans crying "Colt got hurt or we would have won"

:rolleyes: I won't say we would have won, but it would have made a huge impact on the outcome of the game. Do you deny that?

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM

They got lucky, Southern Cal gave that game away
Looks like an excuse

Ranger Mom
01-08-2010, 01:00 AM
I won't say we would have won, but it would have made a huge impact on the outcome of the game. Do you deny that?

You might as well give up...look who you are talking to!!:rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
Looks like an excuse

I was hoping that Bama would go for one more after the last turnover.

JasperDog94
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You might as well give up...look who you are talking to!!:rolleyes: True.;) :D :D

JasperDog94
01-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I was hoping that Bama would go for one more after the last turnover. I thought Keith was benched...:p :p :p

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I was hoping that Bama would go for one more after the last turnover. Im sure you do

Ranger Mom
01-08-2010, 01:02 AM
I thought Keith was benched...:p :p :p

Ohh....OUCH!!!!!!!!

NastySlot
01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
And anyone with half a brain would understand that when you take out the two year Heisman finalist and leader of the team, that might, just might have a small impact on the game.:rolleyes:

texas staff waited too long to make adjustments and keep the team in the game...........6 points in red zone trips...pen. hurt, down 6-17 just get to half and regroup... get the second half kickoff and do something than it might be 13-17...........ingram didn't play much in the second half and the alabama staff got too conservative...played not to lose instead of playing to win..........texas had a chances given to them.....a busted coverage by bama set the horns up to be right there to win it............everyone can say what they want.........colt didn't play...and if he does we don't know how his playing would have affected the bama coaching.

the players both side played their @$$e$ off.........coaching?????

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 01:07 AM
I like the coaching decisions from both Texas, especially the defense.

BullsFan
01-08-2010, 01:14 AM
You can't possibly understand football if you don't think Colt's injury had something to do with the outcome of the game. Either that or you're just gloating. Or maybe your team just got WHOOPED by Texas earlier in the year. Most of the people I've seen enjoying the Texas loss are OU fans, or Tech.

Oh, and running a touchdown in during the last two minutes when you're up by more than a touchdown? TOTALLY a low class move. I'll be rooting against that guy for the rest of his career no matter where he goes.

Tx Challenge
01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Guess I am going to stir the pot.. Sorry but I do not understand what Nick did wrong. This was a N/C game. I never have got on here and bashed Texas but I am a SEC fan.....Do I think Mack would have put the screws to Bama? Yes, Why not? What did Bama do? They simply played ball control....Take the emotion out of it and see it for what it really is...

NastySlot
01-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
You can't possibly understand football if you don't think Colt's injury had something to do with the outcome of the game. Either that or you're just gloating. I'm not saying I wouldn't gloat if Texas had won, but I hope I'd be classier than to try and rub someone's nose in it. Then again, maybe your team just got WHOOPED by Texas earlier in the year. Most of the people I've seen enjoying the Texas loss are OU fans, or Tech.

Oh, and running a touchdown in during the last two minutes when you're up by more than a touchdown? TOTALLY a low class move. I'll be rooting against that guy for the rest of his career no matter where he goes.

idk...if you were responding to me...but i know the outcome "may" have changed...........the game did change given the situations throughout texas had chances...........with colt out it's easy to say cause we don't know for sure and never will know that texas wins if he doesn't get hurt..........the entire game for both teams changes if he plays.......we can play the if and but all year fact is the teams on the field play hard.............the injury put the game a lot more into the hands of the coaches....both sides.......with colt in the game ingram may have played a lot more in the second half.

Cotton
01-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
texas staff waited too long to make adjustments and keep the team in the game...........6 points in red zone trips...pen. hurt, down 6-17 just get to half and regroup... get the second half kickoff and do something than it might be 13-17...........ingram didn't play much in the second half and the alabama staff got too conservative...played not to lose instead of playing to win..........texas had a chances given to them.....a busted coverage by bama set the horns up to be right there to win it............everyone can say what they want.........colt didn't play...and if he does we don't know how his playing would have affected the bama coaching.

the players both side played their @$$e$ off.........coaching?????

I'll bet you can't tell us two specific adjustments and when they were made.

Penalties always hurt. However, bama got by with a few no calls.

Call before half wasn't a bad call. In the big game, playing for it all, high percentage pass with secondary playing deep and soft with D line rushing hard. If completed clean, probably sets Texas up for a field goal. Shuffle passes are run all the time and 99% of the time they are either completed or incomplete, but rarely ever intercepted. Even with the pick, two lineman had a chance to make the tackle. Safe thing would have been go in and regroup, but when you're in the big leagues, sometimes you have to throw a big league pitch. Can't throw around every batter. If bama lost by a point, would you be criticizing saban for the fake punt?

Anyway, I am eager to hear you explain the "too late" adjustments.

TheDOCTORdre
01-08-2010, 01:41 AM

Snyder would know all about that

NastySlot
01-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Cotton
I'll bet you can't tell us two specific adjustments and when they were made.

Penalties always hurt. However, bama got by with a few no calls.

Call before half wasn't a bad call. In the big game, playing for it all, high percentage pass with secondary playing deep and soft with D line rushing hard. If completed clean, probably sets Texas up for a field goal. Shuffle passes are run all the time and 99% of the time they are either completed or incomplete, but rarely ever intercepted. Even with the pick, two lineman had a chance to make the tackle. Safe thing would have been go in and regroup, but when you're in the big leagues, sometimes you have to throw a big league pitch. Can't throw around every batter. If bama lost by a point, would you be criticizing saban for the fake punt?

Anyway, I am eager to hear you explain the "too late" adjustments.

the play before the half would have been a good call at a different time..........texas needed to get into the locker room....it was still a game dispute all that had gone wrong.........the first and plain as day adjustment was plain as day find the stud..shipley........colt hasn't done it alone all year...shipley was to be the key to giving gilbert confidence........big leagues....big game put yourself in a position to be in the game....no need for a time out and that pass............texas was getting the second half kickoff the defense had just forced a fg........you got to understand i don't like to be critical...of coaching believe me i know it's a tough profession........the fake punt was early........an old coach told me when i first got into coaching run you trick plays early.........it was very unexpected of saban....but credit the gideon kid great job.

the line drive kickoff....in the second half..was something unexpected.

BullsFan
01-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
idk...if you were responding to me...but i know the outcome "may" have changed...........the game did change given the situations throughout texas had chances...........with colt out it's easy to say cause we don't know for sure and never will know that texas wins if he doesn't get hurt..........the entire game for both teams changes if he plays.......we can play the if and but all year fact is the teams on the field play hard.............the injury put the game a lot more into the hands of the coaches....both sides.......with colt in the game ingram may have played a lot more in the second half.

Actually I wasn't responding to you, and I went back and changed my initial post anyway. Too emotional. But I still think it's poor thinking to truly not realize (or refuse to aknowledge) what a difference losing a quarterback of Colt's stature had to have made in this game. If McElroy had gone out it would have been the same thing--that's monumental in a game at this level.

themsu97
01-08-2010, 08:28 AM

this might be the stupidest quote I have ever seen... Saban only looked like a genius because Colt was hurt... win the flip and take the ball? fake punt? botched kick off?
if Colt was still in the game Texas is easily up 10-0 or maybe even 14-0... how smart would Saban have been then...

no doubt he has done a fantastic job in making Alabama relevant again... but lets at least be realistic

PhiI C
01-08-2010, 08:38 AM
I"Colt got hurt or we would have won"

Hey you actualy got one right! That is exactly why UT lost.

Hopefully someone will give you a sign.

:clap:

DDBooger
01-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Guess I am going to stir the pot.. Sorry but I do not understand what Nick did wrong. This was a N/C game. I never have got on here and bashed Texas but I am a SEC fan.....Do I think Mack would have put the screws to Bama? Yes, Why not? What did Bama do? They simply played ball control....Take the emotion out of it and see it for what it really is... Naw, Mack wouldn't have done the same. Saban's cutthroat, but I don't blame him. You have to be to coach in the SEC. Point margin adds emphasis to their place beginning next season.

44INAROW
01-08-2010, 09:25 AM

speaking from experience are you?:hand:

kaorder1999
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM

haha...i CANT BELIEVE this is the first time I have read this. Thats classic....

kaorder1999
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
1:41.....defense has a TO.....i run the ball too.....

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Texas still had a time out and there was more than 2 mins on the clock so there was no reason not to go for it. They gonna get points either way cause if would've came down to 4th they would've kicked a field goal. What would you have done just give the ball back to them and say we have scored enough today? Colt not playing has nothing to do with the outcome. He doesn't play on that defense that couldn't stop Alabama.#1 vs the rush and got over 200 yards on the ground put on them. Alabama let up coming out of the second half and if colt would've still been in there would have been no let up at all.

kaorder1999
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by mlb04stangs
Texas still had a time out and there was more than 2 mins on the clock so there was no reason not to go for it. They gonna get points either way cause if would've came down to 4th they would've kicked a field goal. What would you have done just give the ball back to them and say we have scored enough today? Colt not playing has nothing to do with the outcome. He doesn't play on that defense that couldn't stop Alabama.#1 vs the rush and got over 200 yards on the ground put on them. Alabama let up coming out of the second half and if colt would've still been in there would have been no let up at all.

There wasnt over 2 mins left but I still agree that running the ball there is nothing new. I do disagree with your comment about Colt.....You dont lose a Heisman candidate in the first series of a National title game and say that the injury has no bearing on the outcome of the game.

Eagle 1
01-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Incidently, Alabama was favored to win the game before the game started. It seems some people have forgot that.
Colt getting hurt wasnt the only reason UT lost the game.

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
If he was gonna get out there and help that defense then he might have made a difference but since he wasn't he would've made no difference. No mater how many points you score you have to stop the other team to win. The only reason it got close is because Alabama defense let up cause they thought there was no way the freshman quarterback would make any plays after the showing in the first half. They probably got a glimpse of Gilbert at halftime bout to cry his eyes out after the shovel pass and felt sorry for the kid and didn't want to embarrass him any worse. But make no mistake if Colt would've been out there would've been all bout embarrassing him for 4 quarters.

Bullaholic
01-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Saban is a great coach and he has proven that yet again with 'Bama, but as far as coaching character goes he reminds me very much of Francione---it's all about the fame and the money and "what have you done for me lately" and looking "pretty". Did you see the look on Saban's face after he got doused with the Gatoraide? Not a lot of love expressed there....and certainly no grin.

pirate4state
01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
It's football. You don't want them to score? STOP THEM!

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 10:05 AM
During the regular season, as teams are jockeying for position in terms of BCS ranking, running up the score after the game is well in hand has some merit despite questionable sportsmanship.

Bob Stoops and the 2008 Sooners come to mind here. Despite losing to UT 45-35, Stoops and OU overtook UT in the BCS standings largely because Stoops piled on the points even as Mack Brown sometimes called off the dogs.

So "style points matter" in terms of getting you a chance to play in THE game. I was critical of Stoops for doing it at first, but in retrospect it got him into the so-called "championship" game, so I can't fault him for doing his job there.

But once you are in THE game, "style points" don't matter a bit -- only winning does. So running it up has no practical value to offset the questionable sportsmanship.

Third

Alabama didn't let up, they couldn't do anything. They also didn't take out Ingram, he was cramping and they couldn't get them out. They mentioned it during the game. The Tide tried passing the ball and the D was all over McElroy. Did you forget about all the sacks?

Texas' defense was overwhelmed in the first half with McCoy out. How many consecutive 3 and outs did the UT offense have? I figured with as knowledgeable as the posters on this board are it would be common sense. They got gassed constantly being on the field. Even at that Bama had one drive on a short field for Ingram's first TD. They had the one long run, again on a short field by Richardson and were forced into a FG on another drive. They didn't give up the INT for a TD. The defense held its own.

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's football. You don't want them to score? STOP THEM!

I agree! I have never been a fan of "taking a knee"...I think you should have to play to the very last tick of the clock!!

hookandladder
01-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Texas defense gave up 2 meaningful TD's and held Bama to 263 total yards and you think Texas defense was the problem. Texas offense outgained Bama's offense in total yards with a true Freshmen QB and a basic run offense in the first half, yes McCoy would have not made any difference. You have to be irnorgant to beleive that, one will never know but I am sure Sabban knew he got a big break with McCoy on the sideline. The reason Bama's offense was shut down in the second half was the play of their QB and Texas Defense, their QB is not very good.

OldBison75
01-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Let me put it this way. Alabama won the game that was played with the injuries , penalties, and mistakes that both teams committed. Injuries happen all the time and many times they do have an effect on the outcome of the game. McCoy is the central figure in the Texas offense and without him and his abilities, Texas was at a big disadvantage. Could he have been the whole reason Texas lost? No, but his injury changed the entire Texas game plan and placed them at a bog disadvantage. Would Texas have won the game if McCoy was healthy the whole game? Maybe, but we will never know. Alabama was prepared for the McCoy game plan and had to make adjustments to deal with Gilbert. It did allow them to become more agressive with blitzes and stunts knowing that Gilbert and Texas were gonna be conservative. But we don't know what they could have done over the long game had McCoy stayed in.

Bottom line-Alabama won the game and is the National Champion.
I think that with McCoy this is a pretty even game. I was very impressed with the Bama running game, but that ws about all I saw that was really impressive--since the defense was made better by the conservative offense Texas had to depend on with Gilbert.

Back to the original point of the thread, with 1:41 left and ahead by ten. It is 1st down and ten. Alabama runs for 6 yards on first and Texas does not stop the clock. Bama could have knelt two more times and run the clock out based on the 45 seconds that can run off on each play. Texas was not using the timeout and if they did, bama could have then changed strategy. Yes, this was a in your face move to go for the score and then make such a big celebration out of it. I give Texas credit for showing how classy they are and taking it without letting the emotion and disappointment get them in a fight.

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
The reason Bama's offense was shut down in the second half was the play of their QB and Texas Defense, their QB is not very good.
To me it looked like Saban felt Texas couldn't beat them with the true freshman in the game instead of McCoy, and as a result they went conservative offensively in the second half just like Texas did in the first half after McCoy went down and their game plan changed into one that simply tried to avoid giving away field position with turnovers and such.

And in both cases, the opposing defenses were geared up to stop conservative play calling, and they did.

kaorder1999
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
If he was gonna get out there and help that defense then he might have made a difference but since he wasn't he would've made no difference. No mater how many points you score you have to stop the other team to win. The only reason it got close is because Alabama defense let up cause they thought there was no way the freshman quarterback would make any plays after the showing in the first half. They probably got a glimpse of Gilbert at halftime bout to cry his eyes out after the shovel pass and felt sorry for the kid and didn't want to embarrass him any worse. But make no mistake if Colt would've been out there would've been all bout embarrassing him for 4 quarters.

you are entitled to your opinion on a message board and Im entitled to my opinion that you might not know much about the game of football. I saw a Texas defense that played pretty darn good last night giving up only a couple of big plays. A defense that constantly put the Bama QB on his backside with the pressure they were giving him. Wasnt he sacked like 5 times and put on his backside many other times? They gave up 263 total yards of offense and Alabama was 2-12 on third down. They shutout alabama in the 1st and 3rd quarter. Ingram was held to 2 yards under his average of 118 yards a game. I think someone who truly knows about the game of football and how certain things affect other things during the course of a game would realize that defense was NOT the the major problem Texas had last night.

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I knew that everyone would make a big deal bout him being out which is why I hoped he came back in so there would be no excuses. Xrays negative and he chose to stay out not gonna be a starter in the NFL already came back for senior year to get a degree so why not strap the pads back on and come on out if he really is the game breaker. Got to play with who you got if they were really the number one team should've had other people step up. And there defense did struggle, all I heard bout was how good Texas was stopping the run and that Bama gonna have to throw the ball to beat them, 37-21 and 200 yards on the ground. With all those arm tackles last night i had kinnda thought that the Texas players wanted to dance with Bama runningbacks instead of hit them they looked scared!

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 10:36 AM
It was a great game. Gilbert proved he will be ready to take control soon

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I just happen to make the all state team my senior year as a linebacker so I might know a lil something bout football.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Texas D was on the field 22 mins of 30 in the first half..I have to think having Colt out there Texas even without scoring another point would have converted some first downs and kept D off the field AND improved the field position battle

And for all of the talk of Bama's running game..yes they got 205 yards..but on 52 carries.So Texas held them to 3.9 yds per carry

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
If you get outscored then defense may b a problem.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I knew that everyone would make a big deal bout him being out which is why I hoped he came back in so there would be no excuses. Xrays negative and he chose to stay out not gonna be a starter in the NFL already came back for senior year to get a degree so why not strap the pads back on and come on out if he really is the game breaker. Got to play with who you got if they were really the number one team should've had other people step up. And there defense did struggle, all I heard bout was how good Texas was stopping the run and that Bama gonna have to throw the ball to beat them, 37-21 and 200 yards on the ground. With all those arm tackles last night i had kinnda thought that the Texas players wanted to dance with Bama runningbacks instead of hit them they looked scared!

He did not CHOOSE to not play, he tried to go back in..he has a pinched nerve which caused basically a dead arm..what was he supposed to do? Throw left handed?

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
He did not CHOOSE to not play, he tried to go back in..he has a pinched nerve which caused basically a dead arm..what was he supposed to do? Throw left handed?
Not only that, but if I recall correctly, Lisa Salters reported that McCoy was practically begging to be allowed back into the game but was denied.

themsu97
01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I just happen to make the all state team my senior year as a linebacker so I might know a lil something bout football.

so you think that if Colt was not hurt, that Texas would have been up only 6-0? if you do, then you must have been good at football but know nothing about it... Texas would have easily been up 10-0 if not 14-0 with McCoy and the whole game is now changed... Texas wins easily imho if Colt is not hurt...

but he was, Alabama won and the Crimson Tide are the National Champs

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Maybe I should run for the hills cause it's gonna flood with all these tears flowing.

3afan
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
... Xrays negative and he chose to stay out ...

learn the facts

... Texas players wanted to dance with Bama runningbacks instead of hit them they looked scared!

now thats just a stupid thing to say ...

Mojado
01-08-2010, 10:52 AM
[Oh, and running a touchdown in during the last two minutes when you're up by more than a touchdown? TOTALLY a low class move. I'll be rooting against that guy for the rest of his career no matter where he goes. [/B]

Wow, thats funny. let's see...

ULM 59-20
Wyoming 41-10
UTEP 64-7
UCF 35-3
Now lets get to the GREAT Big XII...
OSU 41-14
Baylor 47-14
Kansas 51-20

1)Where's Mack takin a knee...better yet, because I know it's all Horns Homers in here, don't yall think a backup QB should have been used???

2)Saban = 2 National Champs at 2 diff schools... This one only took him 3 years...You can see what an impact he had on LSU. Miles starts playing with his first recruiting class and gets thumped...lol...you can hate Saban, but...whatever...everyone hates a winner...

3)Some genius in here said something about how 'bad' Bamas QB was...another LMAO...maybe but, that's why you need a run game...

Either way last night showed how tough you have to be to win the SEC and how finesse the Big XII is.

Could Texas have won with Colt? .....Maybe.
Does it suck the way Colt ended? ....For sure.
Is Saban a douche? .....Maybe.
Is Greg Davis a douche? .....For sure.

But the fact remains...

Texas is done. Bama's the Champ. Colt is done. Saban's the Champ. Greg Davis is done. Bama's the Champ.

:stirpot: ;)

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe I should run for the hills cause it's gonna flood with all these tears flowing.

Or maybe you should simply debate without trying to flame

BwdLions
01-08-2010, 10:55 AM

You should know.

themsu97
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
that would be better than us having to listen to you... sorry Mack did not offer you a scholarship and you are mad

Old Tiger
01-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Mojado

ULM 59-20
Wyoming 41-10
UTEP 64-7
UCF 35-3
OSU 41-14
Baylor 47-14
Kansas 51-20

1)Where's Mack takin a knee...better yet, because I know it's all Horns Homers in here, don't yall think a backup QB should have been used???

2)Saban = 2 National Champs at 2 diff schools... This one only took him 3 years...You can see what an impact he had on LSU. Miles starts playing with his first recruiting class and gets thumped...lol...you can hate Saban, but...whatever...everyone hates a winner...

3)Some genius in here said something about how 'bad' Bamas QB was...another LMAO...maybe but, that's why you need a run game...

Either way last night showed how tough you have to be to win the SEC and how finesse the Big XII is.

Could Texas have won with Colt? .....Maybe.
Does it suck the way Colt ended? ....For sure.
Is Saban a douche? .....Maybe.
Is Greg Davis a douche? .....For sure.

But the fact remains...

Texas is done. Bama's the Champ. Colt is done. Saban's the Champ. Greg Davis is done. Bama's the Champ.

:stirpot: ;) Against UTEP Texas used a walk on runningback in the 4th quarter instead of a scholarship runningback.

To me last night showed how Greg Davis doesn't trust young players by calling plays in this way "run, run, pass on 3rd and long obviously." It also showed me how a game can bet changed due to injuries.

Mojado
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM

LMAO... Oh how wrong can you be... I'm tears laughing...

1) Shovel pass to the opposing team with 10 sec left in the half... GREAT call BTW... college coaching at it's best!

2) Offensive fumble inside the 10yd line in the 4th...

3 INT inside the 30 in the 4th when your defense has been on the field ALL night...

That equals 21pts big guy...on Mack, Davis and the O... Subtract from total and the Texas D did pretty damn good in the biggest game of the year!!!

rangerjoe33
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM

I slept at a Holiday Inn once, so I do know something about football.

You have got to be kidding me with that living in the past statement...I bet you wore your HS letter jacket at college like it meant something too...probably still wearing it and your what? 23 yrs old?

Amusing. As you were, flame on youngster.

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM

ULM 59-20
Wyoming 41-10
UTEP 64-7
UCF 35-3
OSU 41-14
Baylor 47-14
Kansas 51-20

I'm actually not a UT fan, but a couple of points are in order here:

(1) After what Bob Stoops proved last year -- that "style points" matter to increase your BCS rating -- I wouldn't blame any coach for doing this in the regular season, particularly if they are highly ranked and have a shot at the BCS. It's not sporting, but the BCS system certainly proved it "appreciates" blowouts last year. Lesson learned for all coaches.

(2) Style points don't matter one bit in the championship game. All they do is improve your BCS rating. And once you're in the championship game, they don't matter. You're just as much the champion winning by 2 as by 42. So from a utilitarian standpoint, regular season "running it up" can help your team. Here it doesn't.

BullsFan
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM

ULM 59-20
Wyoming 41-10
UTEP 64-7
UCF 35-3
OSU 41-14
Baylor 47-14
Kansas 51-20

You can't take a knee in the second quarter, and you can't ask players not to score in the third. But you can take a knee with less than two minutes to play when you're up by better than a touchdown. Especially when you're up against a freshman quarterback in a National Championship game.

Do you have to take a knee? Of course you don't. That's a personal choice. But IMO it shows what kind of character you have, and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks poorly of Saban because of last night.

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
don't mater what I did just saying I do have some knowledge about football. Now to shed some light on why I said he won't mater, I know I'm not the only one to c this last night but they showed his stats from this year, 9 games he played against teams out of the 40 68% completion 375 yards per game and something like 20 touchdowns to 3 or 4 interceptions. The other four games against teams ranked in the top 40 completion dropped to 59 or 60% yards dropped to 175 per game and 4 touchdowns to 6 interceptions. Keep in mind that Bama had the #1 passing defense. Thats all based on stats he might have played better but he might have done what the stats say he does in big games this year and that is under perform.

hookandladder
01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I slept at a Holiday Inn once, so I do know something about football.

You have got to be kidding me with that living in the past statement...I bet you wore your HS letter jacket at college like it meant something too...probably still wearing it and your what? 23 yrs old?

Amusing. As you were, flame on youngster.

Now that's funny right there, pretty true to I bet.

wimbo_pro
01-08-2010, 11:25 AM

LOL@WildTexan...what color is the sky in your world?

slpybear the bullfan
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
If McElroy had gone out it would have been the same thing--that's monumental in a game at this level.

If McElroy had gone out, the TRAINER for Alabama could have gone out there and handed the ball off to Ingram and Richardson.

McElroy was a bus driver for this game. Nothing more.

wimbo_pro
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I dont think Alabama ran up the score. There was too much time to take a knee. And they just ran the ball...no passing or trick plays. Had they tried to kick it and it got blocked and ran back, Saban would have been skewered. He did the only thing he could.

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
If McElroy had gone out, the TRAINER for Alabama could have gone out there and handed the ball off to Ingram and Richardson.

Well, I think that's giving a little too little credit to McElroy, but in general you're right: McCoy is MUCH more important to Texas than McElroy is to Alabama. When you've got a great defense and a great running game, the primary thing you need from your QB is to be a good "game manager" who makes good decisions and doesn't turn the ball over.

Eagle 1
01-08-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
LOL@WildTexan...what color is the sky in your world?

Its funny how UT fans bring up how many national championships Leach won at Tech, but when somebody brings up how many national championships Nick Saban has won vs Mack Brown, then they are living in a fantasy world.
Double standards maybe?
Just saying.

Hornet Mom 2
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Saban might have gotten some ideas from Stoop(id)s...very classless to do that. 'Bama won, the 'Horns lost, that's the final no matter what. But you have to admit, Gilbert did a great job as a true freshman stepping in in the NC game. The future is looking good for the Longhorns to be in the NC hunt for the next three years.

slpybear the bullfan
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Its funny how UT fans bring up how many national championships Leach won at Tech, but when somebody brings up how many national championships Nick Saban has won vs Mack Brown, then they are living in a fantasy world.
Double standards maybe?
Just saying.

This UT fan will say it... SABAN is a fantastic Coach. He might piss off schools when he leaves them in the lurch, but you cannot argue that the man knows how to build a team.

And as much as I hate the outcome of that game last night, at least I can stop hearing about Leach, Leach, Tiger, Leach, Leach, Tiger...

well, almost! ;) LOL... What a crazy season.

ziggy29
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Saban might have gotten some ideas from Stoop(id)s...very classless to do that.
But in the case of Stoops, there was value to running it up: if he didn't, I don't think OU overtakes UT in the BCS standings last year. In other words, "style points" mattered.

In that sense, Stoops did what he was supposed to do: coach to lead his team to a shot at the mythical national championship. I blame the BCS rating system for that, not Stoops. If the ratings are going to reward running it up, then you're doing your team a disservice by NOT running it up if you are competing for a BCS slot.

Saban's decision did nothing of that sort; with or without unnecessary scores in "garbage time," you're still the champion.

rangerjoe33
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
We will never know what could have happened with Colt McCoy in the game, that is what really stinks about this from a college football fan perspective. Alabama played well and won, that is all we can really say about last night, everything else is speculation and opinion, but fun to discuss anyway.

Here is what I am thrilled about from last night. Texas returns a lot of really good players from a really good team, they are losing 6 or 7 impact starters that are seniors and perhaps a couple of underclassmen that we don't know about yet. We all know Texas recuits extremely well and as long as Mack is at Texas they will finish the season in the top ten if not the top 5 playing for a NC every 4 or 5 years. Alabama is young also, maybe there will be a rematch in a year or two.

Gilbert grew up a lot last night in a short amount of time, he is going to be just fine at QB for the Horns once he gets more snaps. Turnovers hurt and that was the game in a nutshell. You can't turn it over 5 times and expect to win, but that is what happens to a very young QB playing in the NC at the Rose Bowl. The Texas D was the only reason they were in the game late. Both defenses played extremely well as was expected, both held the others offense to roughly 150 fewer yards than their averages for the year.

Bottom line is college football is over for the year and that stinks.

DaHop72
01-08-2010, 11:58 AM
I just happen to make the all state team my senior year as a linebacker so I might know a lil something bout football. First team???:thinking: :thinking:

waterboy
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
We will never know what could have happened with Colt McCoy in the game, that is what really stinks about this from a college football fan perspective. Alabama played well and won, that is all we can really say about last night, everything else is speculation and opinion, but fun to discuss anyway.

Here is what I am thrilled about from last night. Texas returns a lot of really good players from a really good team, they are losing 6 or 7 impact starters that are seniors and perhaps a couple of underclassmen that we don't know about yet. We all know Texas recuits extremely well and as long as Mack is at Texas they will finish the season in the top ten if not the top 5 playing for a NC every 4 or 5 years. Alabama is young also, maybe there will be a rematch in a year or two.

Gilbert grew up a lot last night in a short amount of time, he is going to be just fine at QB for the Horns once he gets more snaps. Turnovers hurt and that was the game in a nutshell. You can't turn it over 5 times and expect to win, but that is what happens to a very young QB playing in the NC at the Rose Bowl. The Texas D was the only reason they were in the game late. Both defenses played extremely well as was expected, both held the others offense to roughly 150 fewer yards than their averages for the year.

Bottom line is college football is over for the year and that stinks.
I agree with everything you said.:iagree:

BullsFan
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Fair point. So turn it around and make it Ingram goes out in the first series. And you don't have a Richardson as backup. Instead you've got a true freshman who's seen 27 snaps during the season. That might be closer to the equivalent of what happened to Texas last night, although I still don't think Ingram is to Alabama what Colt is to Texas. You can't say that's not a game changer.

Anyways, I think I've been a part of the what-ifs for too long. Game is over, Alabama won, Texas lost. Gilbert is looking pretty good for next year, and lots of returning players so I'm content to wait until college football starts up again.

In the meantime, there's another fairly significant game coming up Saturday night. I think I'll turn my attention to that one...

kaorder1999
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM

im really hoping you are just kidding about most of the stuff you say on here to just try to make people mad. If you arent kidding then its actually kind of funny.... I dont care if you were an all-state football player. Ive known all-state football players that know nothing about the game of football other then playing their position and making tackles .....that has nothing to do with knowing about the ins and outs of the game of football which apparantly you dont or you are just trying to be funny....

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I just like to ruffle some feathers some people take it way to serious, just wanted to c how many buttons I could push both teams played pretty good only one could win.

LE Dad
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
First team???:thinking: :thinking: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

LE Dad
01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
This UT fan will say it... SABAN is a fantastic Coach. He might piss off schools when he leaves them in the lurch, but you cannot argue that the man knows how to build a team.

And as much as I hate the outcome of that game last night, at least I can stop hearing about Leach, Leach, Tiger, Leach, Leach, Tiger...

well, almost! ;) LOL... What a crazy season. Saban is a very intellegent man. I had the opportunity to hear him speak a couple of years ago. He is very articulate. I don't know if I would classify him as classless?? Maybe arrogant and prideful are more accurate? I think he saw Texas still agressively trying to move the ball and he felt he would do likewise. It is not like he did anything other than run.

Tiger and Leach will be back in full force next week:D

STANG RED
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Classless???:thinking: Hmmmm,,,,,,,think I've seen a bigger display of it on here than I did from anyone last night.
Congrats to Saben and the Tide!
Better luck next time to the Horns! Helluva comeback against overwhelming odds.

DaHop72
01-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: But, it made for a good story until someone called him on it. :devil:

mlb04stangs
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
No story, if were not living in the past like they said before no reason to say anything bout it but if you must know, Hon Men all state, all west texas 1st team, all south plains 1st team, all big country 1st team, Big country super team defensive player of the year, 1st team district. If I had been 6'3'' 220 lbs like all the other ones on the list would've been ahead of all them.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
And how do you think it would have played out if Ingram were the one hurt instead of Colt? Don't act like Bama was heads and shoulders better than Texas. And Texas still came within 3 in the second half.

Preach it! When Texas is back next year in the same game I hope it is against Alabama and Mack calls a timeout with 2 seconds to score again! It was to pad the score he didnt want anyone to question the margain of victory with his "god like" defense against a 19 year old back up QB.

ccmom
01-08-2010, 06:17 PM
No story, if were not living in the past like they said before no reason to say anything bout it but if you must know, Hon Men all state, all west texas 1st team, all south plains 1st team, all big country 1st team, Big country super team defensive player of the year, 1st team district. If I had been 6'3'' 220 lbs like all the other ones on the list would've been ahead of all them. Boy, they really had to drag that out of you. LOL. Do you have all that listed on your resume' or do you know it by heart?

WildTexan972
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
All year long wHorns dogpiled weaker opponents with colt staying in most of the game trying to pile up stats to trick voters into handing him a Heisman he did not deserve.....none of these cow fans considered that as classless, but when they get drilled on national tv suddenly it is classless to have a team beaten so solidly.....nothing on earth is better than watching cow fans make up excuses for why they did not measure up

Saban is better than Brown and always has been....and right now Elephant is by far better than cow....those are undisputed facts...

wimbo_pro
01-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Double standards maybe?
Just saying.
Eagle1...my comment was referring to the "100 times better" statement. Come on...dont you think thats ridiculous?

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 07:35 PM
All year long wHorns dogpiled weaker opponents with colt staying in most of the game trying to pile up stats to trick voters into handing him a Heisman he did not deserve.....none of these cow fans considered that as classless, but when they get drilled on national tv suddenly it is classless to have a team beaten so solidly.....nothing on earth is better than watching cow fans make up excuses for why they did not measure up

Saban is better than Brown and always has been....and right now Elephant is by far better than cow....those are undisputed facts... i dont really think ONE win proves he is better...maybe this year but they will meet again

zebrablue2
01-08-2010, 09:02 PM

brown would have taken a knee!!! i'd bet the farm on that.

tigerbyheart
01-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I was hoping that Bama would go for one more after the last turnover.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rcbulldog34
01-08-2010, 10:28 PM

Saban is better than Brown and always has been....and right now Elephant is by far better than cow....those are undisputed facts...

This post is bull and you know it.
Texas was the better team and IF Colt had played the whole game Texas would of won going away.
As for the SEC they are overated!!!

TheDOCTORdre
01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
just in case this thread gets closed I was here

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
Texas was the better team and IF Colt had played the whole game Texas would of won going away.
As for the SEC they are overated!!! Uh OH Spaghetti O's!!

Eagle 1
01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
i dont really think ONE win proves he is better...maybe this year but they will meet again

Actually a win with TWO different teams, something no other coach has done, pretty much proves it.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Actually a win with TWO different teams, something no other coach has done, pretty much proves it.

maybe..I do know Saban and Brown are now 1-1 vs each other

NateDawg39
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Actually a win with TWO different teams, something no other coach has done, pretty much proves it. not really, so he won 2 NC's, what if Mack Brown wins next year? And then again, which makes 3. Would that make him better having 3 to his 2?

BaTmAn24
01-09-2010, 11:31 AM
And how do you think it would have played out if Ingram were the one hurt instead of Colt? Don't act like Bama was heads and shoulders better than Texas. And Texas still came within 3 in the second half.

Last time I checked Ingram (the team leader and heisman winner) was hurt. And unlike UT, Richardson (the team leader's backup who also happens to be a true freshman) stepped up and torched the steers D. So all you longhorns keep preeching "wait till next year" or "Gilbert is going to win a heisman." Yall sound like a bunch of aggies :D

BaTmAn24
01-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
As for the SEC they are overated!!!

Last time I checked the SEC has won the national championship 4 years in a row......real overated :rolleyes:

Emerson1
01-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
Last time I checked the SEC has won the national championship 4 years in a row......real overated :rolleyes:
and only 1 of those have been undefeated. So only 1 true champion really.

Aesculus gilmus
01-09-2010, 11:43 AM
For you 'Bama fans, who decided that someone dressed up like an elephant is a good representation of a Crimson Tide?

Admittedly, it would be hard to design a costume representing a tide unless it was someone dressed up like a box of Tide detergent.

Our school knows all too well about the difficulty of representing our mascot in a costume.

BaTmAn24
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

:confused: :confused: I presume that was a joke??

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Last time I checked Ingram (the team leader and heisman winner) was hurt. And unlike UT, Richardson (the team leader's backup who also happens to be a true freshman) stepped up and torched the steers D. So all you longhorns keep preeching "wait till next year" or "Gilbert is going to win a heisman." Yall sound like a bunch of aggies :D

He torched Texas on the one run..the 3rd Q when Ingram was out Richardson did nothing

BaTmAn24
01-09-2010, 12:06 PM
He torched Texas on the one run..the 3rd Q when Ingram was out Richardson did nothing

T. Richardson 19 carries. 109 yards. 5.7 average. 2TD's. 49Long.

Seems to me he had a heck of a game averaging nearly 6 yards a carry...

Eagle 1
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Ironically, most longhorn fans claim the 1970 season as a championship season.

cshscougar08
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Texas, great comeback. They really showed a lot of heart and rallied around Gilbert. That kid played with a lot of poise in the second half when he could have just mailed it in. My hat is off to the Horns for that.

Saban classless? C'mon people get a grip. Just cause someone scored a late touchdown by choosing to run the ball five straight times up the gut instead of kneeling it doesn't make them classless. It's like someone hurt your feelings as a child so you say all these mean things about that person even though they aren't true. Grow up. If you don't want them to score, stop them! Not Alabama's fault Texas couldn't stop them. The game is sixty minutes long. Play til it's over.

Can't wait for next year! Sad that this year is all over. :(

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
T. Richardson 19 carries. 109 yards. 5.7 average. 2TD's. 49Long.

Seems to me he had a heck of a game averaging nearly 6 yards a carry...

then why in the 3rd Q was he ineffective?

Bama rushed well..no doubt..but people are acting like they rolled up 300 yards and ran the ball with no problem

They rushed for 205 yards and it took 52 carries to do that..so a 3.9 ypc.

BaTmAn24
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Bama rushed well..no doubt..but people are acting like they rolled up 300 yards and ran the ball with no problem

Alabama was completely shut down in the 3rd quarter. But they still managed to rack up 200 rushing yards with two people against the nation's #1 rush defense. I enjoyed this game. But I do wish McCoy would have played so the game would have been much more exciting and Alabama would have had to play to win and not be so conservative. By no means am I a Tide fan, but i was sure happy to see them win. When it comes to Gilbert, Im sure he will turn out to be a good QB that he is expected to be. A Heisman winner? I do not know but in my eyes Trent Richardson has better chance than he does. <--- that was also an opinion

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Ironically, most longhorn fans claim the 1970 season as a championship season.

I dont

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Alabama was completely shut down in the 3rd quarter. But they still managed to rack up 200 rushing yards with two people against the nation's #1 rush defense. I enjoyed this game. But I do wish McCoy would have played so the game would have been much more exciting and Alabama would have had to play to win and not be so conservative. By no means am I a Tide fan, but i was sure happy to see them win. When it comes to Gilbert, Im sure he will turn out to be a good QB that he is expected to be. A Heisman winner? I do not know but in my eyes Trent Richardson has better chance than he does. <--- that was also an opinion

I think the biggest reason why Bama rushed well was Texas D was on the field so much in that 2nd Q..22 out of 30 mins they were on the field in the first half. They got wore down.

Eagle 1
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM

Technically, according to mack brown texas football, Alabama rushed 51 times for 205 with a ypc of 4.0.

http://www.texassports.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/tex/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/ut-bama-bcs-box

Still not bad for a national championship game.

skins4life
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM

Weather he has a career in the NFL or not!!!!!!
On another note!!
Not sure about you, but when I can't "FEEL" my arm and it's "all tingly, like when you sleep on it" , I usually can't hold a glass of water much less hold or throw a football

Eagle 1
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I dont

I guess your the exception.
I think its even on thier website as a national championship year.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I guess your the exception.
I think its even on thier website as a national championship year.

It is..but in defense the voting poll that gave them the title was widely respected and considered on par with the AP at that time. They were basically the big two as far as the polls

JasperDog94
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
brown would have taken a knee!!! i'd bet the farm on that. He has a track record of doing this in the past so I would be right there with you. The game is over. Take a knee, run the clock out and enjoy your victory. It seems as if Saban wanted to run the score up to make it look like they handily beat Texas when that was not the case. Texas was only down by 3 with 3 minutes to go and had the ball. Gilbert missed the unblocked linebacker and the rest is history.

WildTexan972
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
all you sissies had to do if you did not want it to show how thoroughly you got pounded was TACKLE....instead you all WHINE after the game instead of having players that PERFORMED during the game....

watching the game with all the pretend Mexican fanbase wearing apparel that cost more then the car they all rode to the bar to watch the game in was delighful...

and yes I have indeed heard several whiners complain that the hit on Colt was a spear....another idiot assertion from the fans of this whiney institution...

NateDawg39
01-11-2010, 05:14 PM
all you sissies had to do if you did not want it to show how thoroughly you got pounded was TACKLE....instead you all WHINE after the game instead of having players that PERFORMED during the game....

watching the game with all the pretend Mexican fanbase wearing apparel that cost more then the car they all rode to the bar to watch the game in was delighful...

and yes I have indeed heard several whiners complain that the hit on Colt was a spear....another idiot assertion from the fans of this whiney institution... Negative attitude rookie...learn to play nice ;)

JasperDog94
01-11-2010, 09:42 PM

and yes I have indeed heard several whiners complain that the hit on Colt was a spear....another idiot assertion from the fans of this whiney institution... You didn't see that on this board. That was a good hard hit and just really bad luck for Colt and the Longhorns. It's not like the whistle blew and someone leveled him as he was walking off the field or anything....;)