PDA

View Full Version : A Humbled Fan

Aggiemom
12-15-2002, 02:18 PM
I want to say that I have been to many football games,high school and college... granted not as many as some of you on this board, and after witnessing the tradegy at the Burnet/Everman game yesterday I will never look at it quite the same.

I always knew in the back of my mind there was a certain danger to the game. I think you just don't realize what that danger is until you see a player laying motionless on the field. It is the most helpless feeling one can feel short of it being your own family member.

To me the game became secondary after that play. The only thing that truly mattered to me was getting it over with no other injuries. My heart was breaking for Corey's mother. And then to find out she wasn't at the game broke my heart more. I made a long drive, the same as she had to do, in a similar circumstance and it was horrible. The road never seemed as long as it was the night I drove it. God bless you, Corey, Corey's family, friends, teammates, and schoolmates. You have been issued a new challenge and I know your community will band together and conquer it!

Congrats on your win Everman...you played with the heart of the defending state champions. God Bless all of you!

sinton66
12-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Nice post, Aggiemom. There is NOTHING worth this sort of thing happening to a kid, not even a State Championship! I can only pray that he will fully recover.