PDA

View Full Version : Which HS Team Impressed You the Most This Season?

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Of all the teams you saw play, who impressed you the most?

For me, I think it would be Graham, and then Argyle. Both had potent "O's" and "D's". I didn't name any other teams because I didn't get see see that many other teams play.

A couple of comments on some of the others I saw:

Mineral Wells had great overall team speed. They will be due to watch if they drop to 3A.

Prosper had a stout "D".

China Spring had a really good, sophisticated passing game and used their players well.

Burk and IP could run the ball well.

Decatur ran the ball well and tough against the Bulls.

TRENCHES06
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Carthage. Great size and speed.

YTBulldogs
01-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Daingerfield.

pirate4state
01-07-2010, 03:19 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I only watched 2 games that did not involve Sinton:

Yoakum-v-Brookshire Royal
&
Gilmer-v-Abilene Wylie

I already knew what to expect from Gilmer. They sure didn't disappoint.

Royal's speed scared the crap out of me since I knew we'd be playing them the following week.

The Sinton-v-La Grange was my favorite, even though we lost. :(

BEAST
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Not 3A, but Abilene High was flat out awesome.

BEAST

YTBulldogs
01-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Daingerfield most impressive of any classification I seen personally.

In 3A, most impressive player: Stump from Gilmer.

3A Team: Cuero.

3A game: Cuero/Gilmer in Huntsville. One of the best games I ever seen.

bobcat4life
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Not 3A, but Abilene High was flat out awesome.

BEAST Them and Cedar Hill had the best looking athletes I have seen

waterboy
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Daingerfield most impressive of any classification I seen personally.

In 3A, most impressive player: Stump from Gilmer.

3A Team: Cuero.

3A game: Cuero/Gilmer in Huntsville. One of the best games I ever seen.
You do realize that Gilmer beat Daingerfield earlier in the year, 43-20, don't you? It really wasn't that close as Gilmer led them 36-6 at one point, and 43-12 at another. They were impressive, though. I KNEW there wouldn't be a 2A team that could beat them. I think Daingerfield would've gone very deep in the 3A playoffs.

YTBulldogs
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You do realize that Gilmer beat Daingerfield earlier in the year, 43-20, don't you? It really wasn't that close as Gilmer led them 36-6 at one point, and 43-12 at another. They were impressive, though. I KNEW there wouldn't be a 2A team that could beat them. I think Daingerfield would've gone very deep in the 3A playoffs.

Yup, was fully aware. Amazing it was a blowout. You have those sometimes though.

Green Bling
01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Not just a homey response, but gotta go with the Cuero Gobblers because of the road they traveled. Not the biggest or overall talent heavy, but well coached and all heart. They showed great character all season even in their final game. Next to the Gobblers, have to say, without a doubt, Gilmer, a very worthy opponent!!

shamu85
01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Still Lake Travis for me. Stony Point was very good at the end of the year (better team than Trinity IMO). Westlake was better than some thought.

Wanted to see Gilmer play this year, but didn't get to. From what I saw of Graham, they were very impressive, too.

I am going to make a point to see at least 5 3A games next season. I miss the 3A games.

waterboy
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Green Bling, I had the misfortune of having to miss that Gilmer/Cuero game in person because I had to work. That nearly killed me! I had been wanting to see Cuero play for years. Their storied history speaks volumes for the kind of program they've had for :eek: umpteen years. I did see it on the replay on cable and I taped it. I've probably watched it 7 or 8 times.....much to the chagrin of my wife and daughters. :D It was an awesome game between two GREAT teams, and lived up to the billing.:clap:

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Graham
Brookshire-Royal

Green Bling
01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Green Bling, I had the misfortune of having to miss that Gilmer/Cuero game in person because I had to work. That nearly killed me! I had been wanting to see Cuero play for years. Their storied history speaks volumes for the kind of program they've had for :eek: umpteen years. I did see it on the replay on cable and I taped it. I've probably watched it 7 or 8 times.....much to the chagrin of my wife and daughters. :D It was an awesome game between two GREAT teams, and lived up to the billing.:clap:
Maybe we'll be able to have a rematch soon!!

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Maybe we'll be able to have a rematch soon!! I sure hope so!!!! GO GOBBLERS!!

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Canyon Creek

They basically said to us..this is what we are going to run and you will not stop it...and we did not.

slingshot
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Gilmer. Head and shoulders above anyone else we played this year... They made a good Wylie team look average that night. Don't take that wrong--I still think Wylie beats anyone else in the state...

44INAROW
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
I still think Wylie beats anyone else in the state...

dang I wish we'd of gotten to play a rematch with AW :p

poisoned10
01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Aside from Gilmer, I would say Cuero.

They had a great QB, RB and defense and some pretty good recievers. They had a complete team that was very well coached. That was the greatest game I have ever seen.

Matthew328
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Dallas Skyline

WOS87
01-07-2010, 11:27 PM
For me it would have to be Lake Travis especially after watching Garrett Gilbert play tonight. No wonder they were better this year!! ;) :p

*and yes I am joking, as well as hoping that I spoke too soon!*

GrTigers6
01-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I would say Graham. When we played them earlier in the season I was not impressed at all. If we didnt have two turnovers in the redzone. we could have won it after being down 21-3. But as the season progressed they seemed to have pulled together and play better each week and make it all the way to the title game.

Rule #76
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Watched a lot of football this year, so hear are mine.

3A would have to be Graham. Didn't get a chance to watch Gilmer or Carthage.

4A would be Lake Travis and Aledo. I know both of them won state. Aledo was very very good and I might give them an edge over LT.

5A would have to be Abilene. Got a chance to go watch both championship games in the Alamo Dome and was not dissappointed by either game. Trinity and Westlake game is one of the best games I've ever seen. Abilene was amazing. Speed all over the field and big up front.

JMO

Deuce
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Carthage was the best team in the world IMO!:)