PDA

View Full Version : Romo Wins Offensive player of the month

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Nice bouce back from the he does not play well in December tag he has been given

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Nice bouce back from the he does not play well in December tag he has been given LOL...you're the biggest Cowboys homer ever. And until THIS December...he had EARNED that tag....it was not GIVEN.

GrTigers6
01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL...you're the biggest Cowboys homer ever. And until THIS December...he had EARNED that tag....it was not GIVEN. It wasnt just Romo, It was poor blocking, bad running game and poor play calling that contributed to the Cowboys poor December performances.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
LOL...you're the biggest Cowboys homer ever. And until THIS December...he had EARNED that tag....it was not GIVEN.

I never said he had not or had earned the tag..I meant given in that people said he could ot play well in december

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice bouce back from the he does not play well in December tag he has been given

And you see where the team is at now, right? As Romo goes, so goes the Cowboys! Sometimes they can win if he plays just OK but they rarely can win if he plays poorly.

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
It wasnt just Romo, It was poor blocking, bad running game and poor play calling that contributed to the Cowboys poor December performances. This is very true....but it also applies on the flip side of the equation...it's not just Romo that's playing good right now.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
And you see where the team is at now, right? As Romo goes, so goes the Cowboys! Sometimes they can win if he plays just OK but they rarely can win if he plays poorly.

But he can play well and they still lose..ex the first two games of December.

slpybear the bullfan
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
And I will say this....

I have gone on record on the DL saying that Tony would never be a big game QB for the 'Boys. December and January have gone a long way to changing my mind. His stats have been great and he is doing a fine job of making decisions on the field. If he leads another similiar performance against the Eagles on Saturday, I will retract my statement.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
I never said he had not or had earned the tag..I meant given in that people said he could ot play well in december

I agree with Stangfan TX! Romo wasn't "GIVEN" anything. It was there already and others just took it and ran with it. To be "Given" something means that you didn't have it to start with. Now how's that for logical thinking???? I feel so smart right now!:D

Green Bling
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Seems like Romo has finally grown up and reset his priorities. Not that the guy shouldn't have some fun, but time and place, time and place. The Boys finally seem to be pulling it together. If Roy Williams could figure out what his problem is, it would really help. At least he is finally beginning to accept some responsibility for his woes rather than blaming the rest of the team for his shortcomings. It's a step forward anyway.

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
If Romo can stay on track, they can get and keep the running game going....and the D continues to make plays...the Cowboys can make some things happen.

When they're clicking, they're a good team.

As you guys know...I'm NOT a Cowboys fan....but that's my honest, non-bias opinion.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 04:24 PM
I think maybe it is a condition of the times but it really irks me to see a player grinning from ear to ear when they blow a big play or miss a big pass. R. Williams has done that many, many times as has Romo. I don't think these guys should smile when the make a mistake. And I see it all over the NFL.

Another question: I almost jump through the TV at times after one of the Cowboys make a big play and start to get into the other players face. As big as last weeks game vs philly was a certain Cowboy player made a good catch and jumped up and moved right up into the other players face. No taunting penalty was called but it very easily could have been. Why would a moron player even risk it? That game was too big and too important to risk a unsportsmanship penalty. I also saw a TCU player hit a Boise State player in the back and way after the play was over in the first couple of minutes of that game. What gives? That seems very, very stupid to me. Any comments?

GrTigers6
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
This is very true....but it also applies on the flip side of the equation...it's not just Romo that's playing good right now. your absolutely right. its the line, backs, recievers( for the most part) and then of course the defense.

Maroon87
01-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
your absolutely right. its the line, backs, recievers( for the most part) and then of course the defense.

Miles Austin is catching anything thrown in his general zip code right now.

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Miles Austin is catching anything thrown in his general zip code right now. yup....really increasing his worth. Wonder when his contract is up?