PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Employee Spits on Star

Trashman
01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
There are plenty of folks in Philadelphia who really cannot stand the Dallas Cowboys and the team's star logo. And you can be certain that more than few of them are employees of the Philadelphia Eagles. And now we know for sure that one particular employee, Dave Spadaro, editor of philadelphiaeagles.com, is so not fond of that star that he would spit on it.

Spadaro videotaped himself spitting on the star at Cowboys Stadium this past Sunday and then posted it to the site, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

The video was pulled down yesterday and you can be sure Spadaro is in a boatload of trouble with his employer. "I did it all in fun and I've done it before with other teams in the spirit of the rivalry," Spadaro told the paper. "It's something I've been asked to do by Eagles fans. If I did something to offend somebody, I regret it. I meant no disrespect to the Cowboys organization or to their fans."

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
. I meant no disrespect to the Cowboys organization or to their fans."

LMAO at this statement. This guy must have gotten some caoching from Keith...:D

Gotta love those classy Philly folks...

pirate4state
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Eh, who cares what this joker did! I'd have been more impressed if he wouldn't have bowed down and apologized.

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Eh, who cares what this joker did! I'd have been more impressed if he wouldn't have bowed down and apologized.

I care. Always have and always will when it comes to stupid classless acts of this type in the name of notiriety.

Maroon87
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Good thing George Teague wasn't around...:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Meh, the Cowboys will go out and spit on the Eagles' entire season come Saturday night.

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Good thing George Teague wasn't around...:thinking:

I think Brooking could stand in for him very well.

waterboy
01-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Dang it, never mind........somebody beat me to it.:cool: I was gonna mention where's George Teague when you need him, but after I posted somebody had beaten me to it.:( I say the Cowboys ought assign somebody like Brooking or Sansabaugh (sp?) to the field to prevent idiots like that from disrespecting the star. I say they lurk around on the sidelines and let them do it first, then hammer them.:D

pirate4state
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I care. Always have and always will when it comes to stupid classless acts of this type in the name of notiriety.

That's a lot of caring........

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
That's a lot of caring........

Yep--guess it's just a character flaw, P4S.....

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
It's not surprising that the media would do something like this in Philly! You did hear what Desean Jackson has been twittering about the Cowboys right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4801838

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It's not surprising that the media would do something like this in Philly! You did hear what Desean Jackson has been twittering about the Cowboys right?

I don't take trash talking by anyone seriously, Farmer, from HS to the pros--it is sometimes a little over the top, but can be classed as "gamesmanship" or even "psychology", but spitting on anything
is just unacceptable in my book. This guy could have "danced" on the star like TO did and I wouldn't have cared that much, but spitting is just over the top and unnecessary and it is not tolerated anytime, anywhere, by anyone that has an ounce of personal pride. Hells bells folks--what's next---urinating or defacating on the Cowboys Star?

lostaussie
01-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Hells bells folks--what's next---urinating or defacating on the Cowboys Star? :eek::eek:

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
:eek::eek:

I wouldn't count anything out in our media-centric society, lostaussie. There's some idiot out there who would consider doing this if they thought for one moment that it would make them famous or "cool".

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't take trash talking by anyone seriously, Farmer, from HS to the pros--it is sometimes a little over the top, but can be classed as "gamesmanship" or even "psychology", but spitting on anything
is just unacceptable in my book. This guy could have "danced" on the star like TO did and I wouldn't have cared that much, but spitting is just over the top and unnecessary and it is not tolerated anytime, anywhere, by anyone that has an ounce of personal pride. Hells bells folks--what's next---urinating or defacating on the Cowboys Star?

Isn't it just semantics Bull? Disrespect is disrespect! The Star in the middle of the Cowboys field use to stand for something that a Cowboy fan could be proud of. The whole world use to see that Star and know they were looking at a symbol of excellence and high acheivement. Now it's a laughing point with the world and is normally associated with jokes about JJ or crimminal players. It represents nothing more than Jerry Jone's Billion dollar hobby and nobody under the the age of 30 can even remember the team being a winner. Truly? How much real pride do you think most Cowboys fans have in the Silver Star anymore? If they do it is limited to pride in what the team did 20 years ago and has little to do with this current organization!

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
In fact if the Cowboys blow it again this Saturday I might go spit on the Star myself!!!!

Just kidding of course............maybe!

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Isn't it just semantics Bull? Disrespect is disrespect! The Star in the middle of the Cowboys field use to stand for something that a Cowboy fan could be proud of. The whole world use to see that Star and know they were looking at a symbol of excellence and high acheivement. Now it's a laughing point with the world and is normally associated with jokes about JJ or crimminal players. It represents nothing more than Jerry Jone's Billion dollar hobby and nobody under the the age of 30 can even remember the team being a winner. Truly? How much real pride do you think most Cowboys fans have in the Silver Star anymore? If they do it is limited to pride in what the team did 20 years ago and has little to do with this current organization!

Kinda like being a Cowboy fan in the 80's..were known as big game chokers in early part of decade to being a shell of a former franchise that had an over the hill coach using outdated schemes.

Point is ALL franchises go thru lean years..when great ones do they become a joke because so many fans of teams finally get a chance to jump on them while they are down

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Kinda like being a Cowboy fan in the 80's..were known as big game chokers in early part of decade to being a shell of a former franchise that had an over the hill coach using outdated schemes.

Point is ALL franchises go thru lean years..when great ones do they become a joke because so many fans of teams finally get a chance to jump on them while they are down

I wouldn't have problems with "lean years"! It's "lean Decades" that begin to be a problem. Especially when the franchise we talk about is Dallas. Even you have evolved to the point that you use the rest of the NFL as a measuring stick for the Dallas Cowboys. Before the past 15 years the Cowboys were measured differently than the rest of the pack. The Cowboy's success or failure meter use to be called THE SUPERBOWL! Now a week 17 win at home against the Eagles has the Cowboy nation giddy and a win on Saturday night will put this town on holiday. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years and it still is right at the top in Superbowl wins, Divisional wins, playoff appearances and winning percentage in the playoffs. Even 14 years of mediocrity and bad failure has not been able to erase the lead this organization had on the rest of the NFL in success and quality.
But here I go rambling again!

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDUYDfFGMI

Thanks for the extra motivation jerk.:clap:

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDUYDfFGMI

Thanks for the extra motivation jerk.:clap:

Everyone on this forum has been civil and simply posted their opinions until you attempt to make it personal. I am certainly hoping this isn't directed at me because all I have done is respond to YOUR jabs.
I'm at work where they have Web Sense that blocks streaming video so I can't watch this. What's on it?

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Everyone on this forum has been civil and simply posted their opinions until you attempt to make it personal. I am certainly hoping this isn't directed at me because all I have done is respond to YOUR jabs.
I'm at work where they have Web Sense that blocks streaming video so I can't watch this. What's on it?

I don't like to speak for other posters, Farmer, but I think he was directing the "jerk" comment to the guy spitting on the star.

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't like to speak for other posters, Farmer, but I think he was directing the "jerk" comment to the guy spitting on the star.

x2

TheDOCTORdre
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
x2

x3

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 01:48 PM
nm--wrong thread.

TheDOCTORdre
01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I am not rooting for these silly extemeists either, but I am rooting for the whales---one of God's most magnificent, noble, intelligent, and gentle creatures.

wrong thread bull :D

ccmom
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
x3

x4.....sensitive, are we? :confused:

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM

Sorry all! That makes sense. Because I can't watch the video I was thinking this was a carryover from another thread. I apoligize Eagle1!

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
wrong thread bull :D

Man, you've got to be quick on the 3ADL when you make a mistake...:D

"Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up"....:D (making fun of me not the elderly--wait---that's me, also...:D)

BwdLion73
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Seemed like a pretty weak spit to me.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't have problems with "lean years"! It's "lean Decades" that begin to be a problem. Especially when the franchise we talk about is Dallas. Even you have evolved to the point that you use the rest of the NFL as a measuring stick for the Dallas Cowboys. Before the past 15 years the Cowboys were measured differently than the rest of the pack. The Cowboy's success or failure meter use to be called THE SUPERBOWL! Now a week 17 win at home against the Eagles has the Cowboy nation giddy and a win on Saturday night will put this town on holiday. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years and it still is right at the top in Superbowl wins, Divisional wins, playoff appearances and winning percentage in the playoffs. Even 14 years of mediocrity and bad failure has not been able to erase the lead this organization had on the rest of the NFL in success and quality.
But here I go rambling again!

Fans of any team that measure their success with only Super Bowls will not be happy fans most of the time..even with the great history of the Cowboys they have only been 8 times.

Back in 91 when Dallas beat Chicago in the wild card round for first play-off win since 83 you would have thought they won the SB..I honestly ENJOY that more than EXPECTING to win a SB and not happy with anything but that

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM

I was talking about the jerk in the video spitting on the star.

pirate4state
01-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I was talking about the jerk in the video spitting on the star. but if the shoe fits.......?????????

hahaha sorry, I could NOT resist :devil:

BullsFan
01-07-2010, 02:35 PM

See, that literally cracked me up. I'm still snickering. An hour after our defense whooped his behind and Jackson is talking about how scared we are of him? If the rest of the team is that overconfident (and delusional) I like our chances even better. And I was pretty well convinced already.

And in regards to the spitting, that was pretty typical IMO. I don't despise this Philly team quite as much as I did the Philly team (and coaching staff and fans) of the 90s, but I still don't think that much of the organization no matter what their record is. Even MORE typical is that dude didn't have the nerve to do it in front of anyone. He's all tough when he's all alone on the field with his video camera. You can tell by how quiet he is he was probably scared to death someone was gonna come along and catch him. Wuss. At least TO did his dance in front of everyone.

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
but if the shoe fits.......?????????

hahaha sorry, I could NOT resist :devil:

Why do I sense that you want to raise more Cain than usual today, P4S? ...:D

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Fans of any team that measure their success with only Super Bowls will not be happy fans most of the time..even with the great history of the Cowboys they have only been 8 times.

Back in 91 when Dallas beat Chicago in the wild card round for first play-off win since 83 you would have thought they won the SB..I honestly ENJOY that more than EXPECTING to win a SB and not happy with anything but that

Perhaps it's my expectations for THIS team that are messed up. I did not have that much of a problem with the Dallas losses when Quincy was the QB. I had no issues with the lack of Superbowls from the Danny White Cowboys. I have not become disenchanted with this team until the last 3 seasons. I view this team as being very, very talented and anything less than competing for a conference championship is underacheiving in my mind. I would rather they be a bad team and fight hard to win 8 games a year than be a good team and stumble into a 10 win season and no-show in the first round. But that's just me! Hopefully this season changes everything!!!

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
See, that literally cracked me up. I'm still snickering. An hour after our defense whooped his behind and Jackson is talking about how scared we are of him? If the rest of the team is that overconfident (and delusional) I like our chances even better. And I was pretty well convinced already.

The saddest part about all this is that Jackson probably believes all this stuff he is saying.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Perhaps it's my expectations for THIS team that are messed up. I did not have that much of a problem with the Dallas losses when Quincy was the QB. I had no issues with the lack of Superbowls from the Danny White Cowboys. I have not become disenchanted with this team until the last 3 seasons. I view this team as being very, very talented and anything less than competing for a conference championship is underacheiving in my mind. I would rather they be a bad team and fight hard to win 8 games a year than be a good team and stumble into a 10 win season and no-show in the first round. But that's just me! Hopefully this season changes everything!!!

I honestly think people OVERVALUED the talent of this team..not saying it is bad, but I also dont think it is as top notch as alot of people said

I think if instead of 13-3 two years ago they would have went 11-5 or even 10-6 I dont think people would have thought as highly as they did of the talent.

That 13-3 was NOT as good as the record, but I also think they were better than the 9-7 of last year..I truly think this is a 10-6 to 11-5 type of talent.

Phil C
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Actually this video is great news! It can provide the Cowboys with extra motivation in Saturday's game. You know it is tough to beat a team three times during a season but this may give Dallas the motivation to overcome this road block. Fantastic.

GO COWBOYS!

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Actually this video is great news! It can provide the Cowboys with extra motivation in Saturday's game. You know it is tough to beat a team three times during a season but this may give Dallas the motivation to overcome this road block. Fantastic.

GO COWBOYS!

They actually said on the radio this morning that in the last 18 times a team played a team in the playoffs that they had beaten twice previously in the year they were something like 12-6 winning that third game. I'm quoting from memory so don't hold me to the exact numbers.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I honestly think people OVERVALUED the talent of this team..not saying it is bad, but I also dont think it is as top notch as alot of people said

I think if instead of 13-3 two years ago they would have went 11-5 or even 10-6 I dont think people would have thought as highly as they did of the talent.

That 13-3 was NOT as good as the record, but I also think they were better than the 9-7 of last year..I truly think this is a 10-6 to 11-5 type of talent.

You might be on to something there TX! But at the risk of sounding arrogant I must say that I honestly think I'm smarter than that. As are many, many of the OTHER people who evaluate football teams.
I think many people who think others overvalue the talent on the team are influenced by the PERFORMANCE on the field. Talent and performance are two different animals. And therein lies a lot of the problems with this team. Many, many of the players on this team are top talents but middle to low performers. That comes from coaching and organizational attitudes. Example: M. Jenkins didn't suddenly gain more talent this past 6 games or so and R. Williams didn't suddenly become LESS talented when he came to Dallas. Circumstances and conditions lead to performance issues but the talent is still there. If Romo could "suddenly" turn it on last week then he has ALWAYS had the ability to turn it on so a failure to do so two years ago is a performance issue and not a talent issue. A performance issue is correctable. A talent issue cannot be helped. Therefore a talented team that does not perform is underacheiving. GOODNIGHT GRACY!!!!

Pick6
01-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
x4.....sensitive, are we? :confused:

When you're wrong as much as he is you start to become overly sensitive.

Pick6
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
You might be on to something there TX! But at the risk of sounding arrogant I must say that I honestly think I'm smarter than that.

I don't :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
. If Romo could "suddenly" turn it on last week then he has ALWAYS had the ability to turn it on so a failure to do so two years ago is a performance issue and not a talent issue.

or maybe it is a becoming a better QB issue..kinda like both Mannings

Green Bling
01-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Some folks just don't have any class at all. Somebody needs to tell Spadaro that Philly is the "City of Brotherly Love.":D :D

bobcat4life
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Anyone think this will be on the superscreen saturday during pregame?