PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars boat sinking

turbostud
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Looks like the tree huggers got some new high tech boat that is compared to the material Stealth fighters are made out of. Looks like the Japanese decided to take it out.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582115,00.html?test=latestnews)

Bullaholic
01-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Looks like the tree huggers got some new high tech boat that is compared to the material Stealth fighters are made out of. Looks like the Japanese decided to take it out.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582115,00.html?test=latestnews)

I'm not a tree hugger, but I'm for a ban on whaling. Why in the world in the 21st century does a modern industrial power like Japan need to continue whaling? Now native peoples that depend on the whale for their existence---that's a different story.

Gsquared
01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm not a tree hugger, but I'm for a ban on whaling. Why in the world in the 21st century does a modern industrial power like Japan need to continue whaling? Now native peoples that depend on the whale for their existence---that's a different story.
Me too, I bet whale tasts nasty! I rather have a cougar meat or eagle sandwich myself.

grahampaw
01-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I like to watch the show and cheer for the whalers.I wonder whats better, Sweet and Sour Whale or Whale Sushi?By the way are the Blubber Lovers upset about SeaWorld having Whales being trained Monkeys?

Gsquared
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I wish someone would do somethin about those dam people in Peru riding donkeys everywhere. Dont they know donkeys deserve better than that type of cruel treatment?

pirate4state
01-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I wish someone would do somethin about those dam people in Peru riding donkeys everywhere. Dont they know donkeys deserve better than that type of cruel treatment? bahahaha :D

Trashman
01-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I like to watch the show and cheer for the whalers.I wonder whats better, Sweet and Sour Whale or Whale Sushi?By the way are the Blubber Lovers upset about SeaWorld having Whales being trained Monkeys?

:doh: :clap: :clap: :D

Emerson1
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I could agree with that, but I just ate a double meat whataburger.

I watched every episode last season, but by the end I was rooting for the japanese because of how stupid the people on the good boat were.

Gobbla2001
01-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I could agree with that, but I just ate a double meat whataburger.

I watched every episode last season, but by the end I was rooting for the japanese because of how stupid the people on the good boat were.

they're very stupid... I sat down in 5 minutes and figured out a better way for them to get their business done... they're so unorganized for a group thinking they're navy seals or whatever...

mustang04
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Those people are complete goofballs and fruit-cakes. I'm glad they got that boat crashed into....i don't agree with whaling, but you don't throw shite at other people's boats, or pretend you're going to ram them, or dangle ropes to try and get them twisted up in their rudders and propellers....bunch of extremist dumb@$$es IMO.

NateDawg39
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I think it is great they are willing to go that far to stand for a cause. Not many people are willing to do such things these days.

Emerson1
01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Those people are complete goofballs and fruit-cakes. I'm glad they got that boat crashed into....i don't agree with whaling, but you don't throw shite at other people's boats, or pretend you're going to ram them, or dangle ropes to try and get them twisted up in their rudders and propellers....bunch of extremist dumb@$$es IMO.
I didn't mind their tactics. They just sucked at doing them and it was fun to just laugh at them. Then when they got mad for the Japanese throwing stuff back at them on their little personal interviews was great.

IHStangFan
01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't necessarily condone whaling, but at the same time, I don't see how what these clowns do isn't illegal. I personally think it's kinda funny their new shiny boat got run over by the Japanese. :D

mustang04
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think it is great they are willing to go that far to stand for a cause. Not many people are willing to do such things these days.

Let's go ahead and praise terrorists...what they are doing might be wrong, but by golly, at least they're willing to die for their cause;)

NateDawg39
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Let's go ahead and praise terrorists...what they are doing might be wrong, but by golly, at least they're willing to die for their cause;) I consider a terrorist someone who is wanting to die by killing PEOPLE. These people are willing to die to save sea life not just whales. Sometimes we forget there is more to life than making money and buying new cars and being successful. Maybe thats why the world is turning into a selfish place ;)

mustang04
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I consider a terrorist someone who is wanting to die by killing PEOPLE. These people are willing to die to save sea life not just whales. Sometimes we forget there is more to life than making money and buying new cars and being successful. Maybe thats why the world is turning into a selfish place ;)

Yeah there is more to life than money, cars, and success...and it's called family, friends, and enjoying LIFE...kinda hard to do when you're dead, i'm sorry, putting your life in danger for your country like our soldiers do is honorable, or doing it for the benefit of society is as well, but doing it just to PROTEST...i'm sorry but if that's what the culmination of their being leads to, i feel sorry for them

NateDawg39
01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah there is more to life than money, cars, and success...and it's called family, friends, and enjoying LIFE...kinda hard to do when you're dead, i'm sorry, putting your life in danger for your country like our soldiers do is honorable, or doing it for the benefit of society is as well, but doing it just to PROTEST...i'm sorry but if that's what the culmination of their being leads to, i feel sorry for them Everyone has a different calling in life though. Sometimes it means you have to be a little unorthodox about methods a person does, but in the end if it is their decision and it is what they feel is their calling, I can't be against it.

mustang04
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Everyone has a different calling in life though. Sometimes it means you have to be a little unorthodox about methods a person does, but in the end if it is their decision and it is what they feel is their calling, I can't be against it.

Well yeah, if it's their decision, then it's their decision...but here's what eats at me...they are all saying "i'm willing to die for this cause blah blah blah" and they are constantly harassing the japanese fleets, including boarding their ship without permission, to me, that is nothing short of piracy and they're lucky the japanese didnt detain that person....but as soon as they finally get bitten, they cry about it...that's what really pisses me off about them

NateDawg39
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Well yeah, if it's their decision, then it's their decision...but here's what eats at me...they are all saying "i'm willing to die for this cause blah blah blah" and they are constantly harassing the japanese fleets, including boarding their ship without permission, to me, that is nothing short of piracy and they're lucky the japanese didnt detain that person....but as soon as they finally get bitten, they cry about it...that's what really pisses me off about them Yea I see your point, but im glad there is someone to stand up for sea life....oh and I hate P.E.T.A. They are worse than anything IMO.
Thank the lord for anti-peta groups :D

mustang04
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Yea I see your point, but im glad there is someone to stand up for sea life....oh and I hate P.E.T.A. They are worse than anything IMO.
Thank the lord for anti-peta groups :D

Yes...P.E.T.A is up there on my "what really grinds my gears" list haha

GreenMonster
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Those people are complete goofballs and fruit-cakes. I'm glad they got that boat crashed into....i don't agree with whaling, but you don't throw shite at other people's boats, or pretend you're going to ram them, or dangle ropes to try and get them twisted up in their rudders and propellers....bunch of extremist dumb@$$es IMO. I'll agree with every bit of this post. I watch that show as much as possible just to laugh at the crackpot captain and crew. They think they are modern day pirates / robin hood for the whales. I root for the Japs just for fun. I'm still waiting for the Japanese to fire one of those harpoon guns at one of the little zodiac type boats that the Sea Shepherds use.

slpybear the bullfan
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Everyone has a different calling in life though. Sometimes it means you have to be a little unorthodox about methods a person does, but in the end if it is their decision and it is what they feel is their calling, I can't be against it.

I can be against it.

Just look at the nuts who burn Hummer's down at dealerships in the name of "saving" them from polluting the environment. Certainly unorthodox. And certainly stupid. And certainly a felony.

I am impressed with people who are passionate about their beliefs. I am very, very impressed with people who back up their passionate beliefs with actions. But not so much with people who are passionately ignorant.

That certainly is where I would lump the SeaShepard folks. Great passion, but unlawful pirates and ignorant as to how to accomplish their goal.

Gobbla2001
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm all for dying for what you believe in, I don't care what it is... but let's not act like these fools are only risking their lives...

I have no doubt in my mind that Captain Dumbass, who thinks he's General Patton or something, would do everything he could to help rescue the Japanese who go into the water because he wrecks a hole in their float, but when both boats are damaged and going down and the other Japanese boats can't get there in time what are we going to say? "They died for a great cause!"? No, they went out there for a great cause but ended up killing OTHERS (not just themselves) because they're unorganized as hell and just plain stupid...

If they thought more with their brains and not their hearts they would have already been successful... they've yet to "practice" prop-fouling, they just go out there and give it a go (AND SUCK at it)... and those squirly girly-men don't have the arm-enough to toss a bottle on a boat...

Fact is that they've missed opportunities to really get at the Japanese and the Japanese are fed up and probably more creative than these goons... if I were the Japanese I'd go ahead and bring a bazooka out there and just end the damn thing...

There is absolutely no way in hell I'd put my life in the hands of the captain of this ship... he' good at driving boats but not a leader...

Gobbla2001
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
ugh this subject gets me pissed...

that idiot captain couldn't stop a couple of 5 year olds in a paddle boat from getting to one side of the Corpus Christi Bay from the other... he'd probably start spraying silly-string at 'em...

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm not rooting for these silly extremists, either---but I am rooting for the whales---one of God's most magnificent, noble, intelligent, and gentle creatures.

TheDOCTORdre
01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm not rooting for these silly extremists, either---but I am rooting for the whales---one of God's most magnificent, noble, intelligent, and gentle creatures.

right thread bull

Bullaholic
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
right thread bull

Thank you, sonny---I can make it from here....:D

BwdLion73
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I have not seen the show, but do the whale savers have regular jobs or do they get paid by an organization? I would hate to use my vacation to get ruined by a mad Whaler.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
If those Whalers took the actions of the extremists as hostile would it be ok with everyone for them to pull out the weapons and eliminate the threat???

I wouldn't have much of a problem with it and I think it would go further towards getting their message out than what they are currently doing! So let's just tell the Japs to blow them up! (but be sure to get it on video)

BullsFan
01-07-2010, 02:41 PM

This times 10. I can't even watch this show because it makes me sad.

Strangely enough I have no such problem with Deadliest Catch.

IHStangFan
01-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
ugh this subject gets me pissed...

that idiot captain couldn't stop a couple of 5 year olds in a paddle boat from getting to one side of the Corpus Christi Bay from the other... he'd probably start spraying silly-string at 'em... :clap: LMAO!!! Silly string....that's classic.

Diocletian
01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
The Southpark episode making fun of this show was absolutely the funniest thing I've seen in at least 2 years.

Whale Wars is a decent show, but I am very disappointed that most of it is staged...although not that surprised.